I'm probably gonna cop a lot of shit for this...

PiNkMaGGiT

I rule at everything
Oct 28, 2002
Queensland, Australia
Visit site
I like the new Mudvayne album. There I said it. Its really not much like L.D.50, it doesn't have that poppy sound and its a hell of a lot darker. And some of the music is rather complex. The drumming is awesome and the songs are (for the most part) well constructed. They now have a sense of melody. Don't believe me, download 'World so cold'. At least listen to that before you start flaming :D. I just thought i'd say something because i know a LOT of people have written these guys off. So had I until I heard this.

PiNkMaGGiT

Ok, I used to like their first cd, but then just started disliking it a little more and a little more. I'll download that song.

meh, I dont like the sound of the new album as much as LD50

that song was ok, but didnt strike me as all that incredible, not nearly as good as 'Death Blooms' anyway. Perhaps I just need to give the album several spins to give all the songs a good listen.

what's the name of track 4?

Death Blooms is killer, and the only new stuff i've heard is Not Falling and one other track...

I like it *shrug*

The guitar dude is a cockring, but that's okay... the drummer, basist and vocalist are all cool.

lol i always thought the guitarist was a wanker but i got the dvd thing and he doesnt' seem so bad anymore. Chromatose, listen to the riff in track 2 at about 2:55 or something. That bit makes me go psycho, the buildup and execution is fucken perfect.

this guy has got an amazing voice... when he quits the maynard whining, and the korn growling, he's got a pretty damn good hold on what his voice is doing...

I think the new album is killer but not as good as the first.

the songs you guys mention I find the least compelling

World So Cold seems totally made to be a radio hit.

my favorites
Silenced
Trapped in the Wake of A Dream
Not Falling
The End of All Things to Come
Shadow of a Man
Solve Et Coagula

Chud's clean singing voice sounds really redundant and monotonous after a few tracks on this one...

I think his melodies were much more impressive on the first...

on this one, when he sings it's kind of a drone

the bassist fuckng rules....that slap groove in the verse of the title track is sweetness.

but he also was alot more audible on the first CD.

The production isn't as punchy on this one either....
sounds kinda muddy (awful pun)

perversion of a truth still is standing out to me to be the best song on there, for now anyway. with skrying also being worth listening to...

i was trying to figure out what i dont like as much about the sound of the new album, and I think ive concluded it has to do with the bass guitar, it doesnt have the same tone as before

Skrying has that really cool dissonant sounding screaming chorus.....yeah that's a highlight indeed

but most of the middle of the album 4-7 loses my attention quickly