I'm incredibly bored of Power Metal...can anyone fix this?

Laevateinn

Sword of Surt
Feb 27, 2008
Ohio
I need some good power metal recommendations. All the stuff I have doesn't excite anymore, except for maybe Hibria. Everything else I just don't want to listen to.

I have most of the popular bands, so recommending them won't do me any good.

Really good power metal?

Some of my favorites...
Tad Morose - Matters Of The Dark
Human Fortress - Lord Of Earth And Heaven's Heir
Avantasia - The Metal Opera
Savatage - Hall Of The Mountain King

Why not move on to a different sub-genre?

Mainly because I am happy with most of the bands I listen to in other sub-genres.

I'll try out Human Fortress and Tad Morose. Heard the other two, never considered Savatage to be power metal though.

I find Kiuas to be a great cure for the common power metal hangover. They play power metal combined with different tenets of more extreme styles; a really unique sound.

Also would recommend checking out Kalmah and Wintersun, if you haven't already. And you can always delve into quasi-power metal type stuff like Judas Priest - Painkiller, Iron Maiden - Somewhere In Time, etc.
Also, try Running Wild - Death Or Glory

Fairyland and Lost Horizon are lesser known Power Metal bands you might have missed. Maybe Edguy too, although you probably have their stuff. To be honest the amount of good Power metal bands is highly limited, so after finishing all the CDs of Blind Guardian and Kamelot you'll need to start looking at other genres.

hmmm...try listening to a genre that DOESN'T suck? No offense meant at all, but fuck....P.M. is....um...not what I would consider "strong" music. Venture into DM territory, and try Into Eternity to "break you in" to this other genre (assuming you haven't already listened to dm and not liked it) and then try some other bands like Death or Testament.

Last time I checked, someone writing a topic about good lesser known power metal wants good lesser known power metal recommendations not death or thrash metal staples everyone knows about? Just sayin'.

Last time I checked, someone writing a topic about good lesser known power metal wants good lesser known power metal recommendations not death or thrash metal staples everyone knows about? Just sayin'.

I agree, thanks. I am well beyond death, trash, black, viking, etc. staples. I'm looking for power metal.

Andy, thanks for reminding me about Secret Sphere, I kind of forgot about them.

As for the other bands I have listened and found them slightly interesting...

Hibria
Balflare
Eyes of Shiva
Fairyland
Falconer
Galloglass
Galneryus
Hamka
Hammers of Misfortune
Landevir
Lost Horizon
Mastermind
Slough Feg
Secret Sphere

Again, most of these bands piqued my interest at some point, but now have lost all luster in my eyes. Hibria, Slough Feg, and Secret Sphere have kept my interest.

So, hopefully I get some good recommendations after this list. If not...then maybe I'm just not a power metal fan.

And yes, some of these, like Balflare, might be borderline power metal.

I don't consider Metal Church power metal.

Try Labyrinth - Return To Heaven Denied
Steel Attack's older stuff when they were power metal, Where Mankind Fails and Fall Into Madness even though they're much better now!

Heavenly - Dust To Dust

Manticora, which is a great band but not pure power metal but they rule!

Dungeon is another good one. Their album One Step Beyond is great!