I'm not a "tree hugger", BUT...

GateXII

Soul Collector
Jun 26, 2001
Chicago, IL
www.twelfthgate.net
EVERYONE on the planet (especially Americans!) NEEDS to see the documentary/movie "An Inconvenient Truth" NOW!!!!

Best documentary I've EVER seen!!! Holy shit!! And without a doubt, also the scariest movie I've ever seen!!

Damn!! We are ALL so fucked if nothing MAJOR changes!!!:OMG:

I subbed in a science class for two days for a friend of mine... and this was what every class watched. The first two viewings were actually very interesting... but halfway through the third viewing I wanted to hang myself. I won't even get into the fourth through sixth viewings.

Anyway...

It's a pretty jolting flick with some pretty compelling facts... definitely worth a seeing at least once. (Although six times would be torturous....)

Nothing will ever change. We are a doomed planet, which is fine, the human race needs to be exterminated. Look at what happened when Super Size Me came out....everyone was on a huge health food kick, now these are the same people back eating garbage again. People and the world will never change. We have too short of attention spans. Thank God I will be dead and buried before the earth is nothing but a desert.

Sorry to come across as hateful but I am a huge nature person....not into camping but I hate when trees and stuff are torn down, dont even get me going on killing of animals for things that we dont need, like Elephant tusk for jewelry and so on.

I will definetly check the movie out once it hits cable.

The documentary was indeed frightening. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever make the broad sweeping changes and sacrifices necessary to fend off the worse case scenarios.

Zod

Well, maybe when the business capital of the world (NYC) & Capital Hill start taking on water... :erk:

I'm just glad that at least our generation & younger generations are finally taking notice. And now I really can't wait for all the old-fuck captains of industry & politics to DIE!!! :devil:

Well, maybe when the business capital of the world (NYC) & Capital Hill start taking on water... :erk:
Perhaps. My only concern is, we'll pass the tipping point before we begin to make the necessary sacrifices.

I'm just glad that at least our generation & younger generations are finally taking notice. And now I really can't wait for all the old-fuck captains of industry & politics to DIE!!! :devil:
Amen. There are some truly evil fucks who have put their bank accounts ahead of the good of the planet. Their demise can't come soon enough.

Zod

I watched it last night and it was pretty shocking. I was never a Gore fan (but I did vote for him, fuck gwb) so I was a bit sceptical but he really laid out the facts nicely. It's pretty scary to think about but I have to agree with Greg, I don't think any big changes are going to take place with our country until it's already too late. Well worth the 90 minutes to watch.

^^
What's good about this flick, and makes it easier to digest, is that it's not some raging, finger-pointing politically driven tirade by Gore. It's pretty clear he's passionate about this issue and that his interests transcend party lines. As has been said before, this is definitely recommended viewing.

I watched it last night and it was pretty shocking. I was never a Gore fan (but I did vote for him, fuck gwb) so I was a bit sceptical but he really laid out the facts nicely. It's pretty scary to think about but I have to agree with Greg, I don't think any big changes are going to take place with our country until it's already too late. Well worth the 90 minutes to watch.

^^
What's good about this flick, and makes it easier to digest, is that it's not some raging, finger-pointing politically driven tirade by Gore. It's pretty clear he's passionate about this issue and that his interests transcend party lines. As has been said before, this is definitely recommended viewing.

I agree 100%...now I really wish Gore would've won...and I wish he'd done this prior to the election cuz I bet it would've helped him win.

Fuck the "War on Terror"!! How about saving the fucking planet & the countless more lives than any terrorist act can ever destroy!! Shit, from a global/planetary point of view...we ARE the great satan. :err:

BTW, Gore just got nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts...he definitely fuckin deserves it!:kickass:

GORE in '08! :p I don't care what people think about his ability to be "president" (Shit, if GW can "do" it, anyone can!) because even if he did absolutely nothing else for this country except environmental reform, it'd be worth it! Nothing else really matters (Iraq war, medical health reform, minimum wage, same sex marriage debate, etc...none of it!) if most of us won't be around to benefit from it. :Smug:

Ok, I'll step off my soapbox now...haha. :lol: