I'm not a "tree hugger", BUT...

o_O:err:

Ok, you're welcome, Rob. You're the Captain of this Ship!

Edit: Ok, I see you've copied and not moved it as I first suspected (by mistake!). Sry
It's in 2 places now. That's cool! :tickled:

Yeah, but we're by far the worst! And all the other countries that come close to be being as bad are already taking measures to improve...we, however, are not! :erk:

Actually, China is worse, and will continue to be worse. And those damned volcanos. We need to stop them from erupting, you realize they put more pollutants into the atmosphere than all the cars from the American car manufacturers? We have to stop them!

(and yes, I'm being facetious. Global warming happens, it's a natural process. This just happens to be the first time we get to witness it.)

Actually, China is worse, and will continue to be worse.

Sorry, but you're wrong. China is no longer worse as of a few years ago...if I remember correctly.

Watch the movie!!!

And whether or not volcanoes are worse...I highly doubt that...although, it may be true just because the pollution from cars is not as big a factor as many others...like coal burning & factories, etc. Regardless, the volcano argument sure sounds like something these "Global Warming is a myth" dumbfucks would say to divert attention away from humans being responsible for killing the planet. :Smug:

"Thinking Global Warming [man made] is a myth is the same as thinking the Holocaust is a myth" - R. Such ;)

Oh yeah? You think so, Rob?

Remember, and pay ye heed to the Carcassian wisdom in these words...

'lies, half-truths, misinformation, and LIES...'

:p

Damn, I need to break open that great big box with my CD collection in it and dig that one out! :kickass:

Oh yeah? You think so, Rob?

Remember, and pay ye heed to the Carcassian wisdom in these words...

'lies, half-truths, misinformation, and LIES...'

:p

Damn, I need to break open that great big box with my CD collection in it and dig that one out! :kickass:

What do you mean? That we aren't in fact the worst? And if so, who really cares...that's really just splitting hairs...we still suck when it comes to killing the planet & we're certainly among the 3 worst!

And I certainly hope that you don't mean that this Global Warming isn't as bad as they make it seem....cuz then I know you're smokin' something. :Smokin: :p

Rob: No, I believe the Earth changes are very real. Anyone with their senses intact should be able to determine that. As for the Carcass lyrics, those tidbits are just good common sense imo, i.e., don't blindly believe in every bit of propaganda you see/read/hear. ;) Btw, this isn't just about the Gore movie.

Rob: No, I believe the Earth changes are very real. Anyone with their senses intact should be able to determine that. As for the Carcass lyrics, those tidbits are just good common sense imo, i.e., don't blindly believe in every bit of propaganda you see/read/hear. ;) Btw, this isn't just about the Gore movie.

Oh, of course!! I was just blown away by some of the statistics & the video footage in the movie...something that can NOT be misconstrued as "propaganda"...well, at least not the visuals of glaciers melting or missing.

Although, to be perfectly honest, this is one subject that any & all propoganda might actually be a good thing. IMO, the worse it seems, the quicker something might be done about it. We, as a human race, are procrastinators & are only called to change when any issue has reached it's limit. Even the slightest doubt about GW, & that we may have more time to worry about it is BAD...REALLY REALLY BAD!!!

Don't you think?

Caught this in my weekly installment of Knowledge News.....thought you all might be interested in reading it....seems that Mr. Gore isn't so far off the marker on this subject....
If you want to read the whole report, here is the url to the site:

http://knowledgenews.net/moxie/science/global-warming-america-2.shtml

Warning......you need to become a member though, just thought I'd give ya heads up before I get slammed for giving an url that you guys can't get to for free hehehehe.....although you can do a 21 day "free" subscription, just remember to cancel your account, and you won't get charged.....

Global Warming Report

What's happening to the Earth?
And are we to blame?

Friends, global warming is now "unequivocal," and scientists are more than 90 percent sure that humans are mainly to blame for Earth's recent heat increase. Or, so says the latest report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), the main international network of climate scientists.

The report, released Friday, is actually the first part of a more comprehensive assessment set to be published in stages this year (the IPCC conducts such assessments every five or six years). But it's hard to imagine that the other parts will pack as much punch as this one.

The head of the United Nations Environment Program even said, "February 2 will be remembered as the date when uncertainty was removed as to whether humans had anything to do with climate change on this planet." Some will surely dispute that, but the IPCC's findings are clearly worth a look.

So, we've pulled the report's highlights into three key categories for you: things IPCC scientists say unequivocally, things they say are "very likely" (have a more than 90 percent chance of being so), and things they say are "likely" (have a more than 66 percent chance of being so).

What IPCC Scientists Say Unequivocally

It's Getting Warmer

"Warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global mean sea level."

"Eleven of the last twelve years (1995-2006) rank among the 12 warmest years in the instrumental record of global surface temperature (since 1850)."

"The linear warming trend over the last 50 years . . . is nearly twice that for the last 100 years."
Sea Levels Are Rising

"Global average sea level rose at an average rate of 1.8 mm per year over 1961 to 2003. The rate was faster over 1993 to 2003, about 3.1 mm per year."

"Observations since 1961 show that average temperature of the global ocean has increased to depths of at least 3000 m and that the ocean has been absorbing more than 80 percent of the heat added to the climate system. Such warming causes seawater to expand, contributing to sea level rise."

"Mountain glaciers and snow cover have declined on average in both hemispheres. Widespread decreases in glaciers and ice caps have contributed to sea level rise."
What IPCC Scientists Say Is "Very Likely"

We're to Blame

"Average Northern Hemisphere temperatures during the second half of the 20th century were . . . higher than during any other 50-year period in the last 500 years."

"Global climate change of the past fifty years . . . is not due to known natural causes alone."

"Most of the observed increase in globally averaged temperatures since the mid-20th century is . . . due to the observed increase in anthropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations."
It Will Get Worse

"Continued greenhouse gas emissions at or above current rates would cause further warming and induce many changes in the global climate system . . . larger than those observed during the 20th century."

"Hot extremes, heat waves, and heavy precipitation events will continue to become more frequent."
What IPCC Scientists Say Is "Likely"

We're Changing the Weather

"There has been significant anthropogenic warming over the past 50 years averaged over each continent except Antarctica."

"Anthropogenic forcing . . . [has] contributed to changes in wind patterns, affecting extra-tropical storm tracks and temperature patterns in both hemispheres."

"Future tropical cyclones (typhoons and hurricanes) will become more intense, with larger peak wind speeds and more heavy precipitation."
--Steve Sampson

I found this on another board...thought it was interesting..

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research

Al Gore’s Personal Energy Use Is His Own “Inconvenient Truth”
Gore’s home uses more than 20 times the national average

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk the walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

­­­­­­­­­­
The Tennessee Center for Policy Research is an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions

^^ an inconvenient TRUTH? :p

It's so easy to point fingers. Unless one lives by firelight and cold running streams for water, NO ONE should be pointing fingers anywhere. I still get upset when non-US peoples point their fingers at us and say we use so many resources. Well, for those people from small- to medium-sized countries looking down their noses and pointing their fingers at us, I say: Please NOTE the difference in size/population. Of course we're going to use up more shit, we're larger than you!

^^ an inconvenient TRUTH? :p

It's so easy to point fingers. Unless one lives by firelight and cold running streams for water, NO ONE should be pointing fingers anywhere. I still get upset when non-US peoples point their fingers at us and say we use so many resources. Well, for those people from small- to medium-sized countries looking down their noses and pointing their fingers at us, I say: Please NOTE the difference in size/population. Of course we're going to use up more shit, we're larger than you!

I agree to a certain extent however if you're referring to my post on Gore, there's no excuse for a do as I say not as I do type attitude. I always felt that you need to lead by example, not by saying this is what you should do but not do it yourself. If we're in as much trouble as he claims we are then why is he not taking steps himself to make a difference at home?

I agree to a certain extent however if you're referring to my post on Gore, there's no excuse for a do as I say not as I do type attitude. I always felt that you need to lead by example, not by saying this is what you should do but not do it yourself. If we're in as much trouble as he claims we are then why is he not taking steps himself to make a difference at home?

I agree 100%!

I realize that for the average person to install solar panels is quite expensive, but he surely has the means & has no excuse. Plus, given who he is & what he's done for the cause, he can probably even get them for free as an endorsement anyway.

Oh Al...shame on you. :p