I'm so broken......

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
Just talked to him last week on FB, were talking about the new record....

Today i lost one of the biggest musical influences in my life. A man that befriended me even though we had our differences. The lyrical genius that is and always will be Warrel Dane. As a young child I remember hearing Sancutary and the voice that came through those speakers inspired me to be come a singer. The combination of the thought provoking lyrical themes and his ability to go from screeching highs to growly gutteral "Het" inspired vocals opened me up to an entire new world.

His work with Nevermore inspired me even further with their dark imagery and prog/thrash inspired sound. His solo record Praises To The War Machine was amazing and also inspiring. He covered one of our favorite songs on that record. Lucretia My Reflection from Sisters Of Mercy. The song Brother spoke to me and many a night we talked about those lyrics and the situations that inspired them, many times just crying for hours on the phone. We got to see each other here in Vegas on the tour cycle for that record. He was such an amazing person.

I remember him telling me him and Lenny were writing together again and they had plans to release a new Sancutary record. I was so excited to hear his enthusiasm and when The Year The Sun Died hit it was nothing short of spectacular.

He was in Brazil working on his next solo record which we were both excited for. We had just talked last week on Facebook and he was getting ready to go in and do his vocals.

Warrel, you were my friend despite our difference of opinions when it came to politics, the world, and life. I loved you like a brother, and I will always remember you. Thank you for inspiring me musically, lyrically and being a part of my life.

I love you my BROTHER
Jason