Ima get outta this hellhole!

The Amazer

Mar 31, 2003
I'm finally moving away from Mildura.

I will be able to go into a CD store and actually see something I want to buy.

That's gonna be hell schweet.

Moving in with my mrs down in Adelaide this Good Friday, it should be aweschome.

It'll take you about a million years to get to Adelaide if you walk along that horrendously long main street you guys have in the middle of town! HAHA!

Man, I remember loooonnnng ago me and a friend got completely smashed in a hotel room (trashing most of the room in the process - something I don't condone now, that's slack) and then set off along this road on an epic journey towards the pub which was aparrently on the other end of this road (and aparrently closed hours earlier, so we were told later! :bah: ). We didn't make it, let's just say that! HAHA!

Everyone here is bagging out Adelaide but man, when you live in Mildura (as pretty as it is and all), it's a BIG step up! Even Broken Hill was more interesting than Mildura! HAHAHA!

A few points. Adelaide is leagues ahead of Mildura, so I would be excited about it too. I came from a tiny country town of about 800 people, I would have killed for Mildura as a teenager! I moved from there to Bendigo where I am now which is smaller than Adelaide, but it isn't too bad. Almost close enough to Melbourne. I think I want to move to Geelong at some stage.

Don't get me wrong, I like Mildura. It's just so... you can't do anything. A lot of mates here though, so that's one of the bad points of leaving. And LT: You seem to be talking about Deakin Avenue... which turns into the Sturt Highway so one end of it is actually Adelaide! :p

And yeah, very excited about Adelaide. I know many people look down on it or whatever, but my first local gig is the Raven Black Night CD Launch April 29th, so that should be aweschome \m/

Lord Tim said:
Yep, that's the one!

I'm sure we would have found a pub eventually if we kept walking to Adelaide! :p HAHAHA!

and the pub at the other end of it would've been O'Malleys Irish Tavern... which is only Irish in name, and the fact that you can buy Guinness.

Great pub though, I'm the only one of my friends who has never been thrown out of it \m/ Although a couple of weeks ago I got rotten drunk and passed out on Deakin Avenue (middle of the road) and the bouncer from O'Malleys pulled me up and ripped my Sad But True shirt in Half :eek:

Very drunken night.

But Wales has gay people and gay vicars - just ask Daffyd!

Shit Blitzy, you really do know how to seek out the big smoke! Don't forget Ballarat on your tour of bustling metropolises!

I lived in Adelaid for about 8 years...I liked it, and recently went back for the first time (on business), and found that I still thoroughly like the place.

Used to live in Bendigo too, and would go back if there was some sort of engineering job there (prefer Castlemaine or Daylseford, or even Ballarat).

Had a Job at Geelong (was a Shannow dream Job), but they reduced factory size just after making announcements, and that intake of engineers ceased.

Shannow said:
Had a Job at Geelong (was a Shannow dream Job), but they reduced factory size just after making announcements, and that intake of engineers ceased.

:( That sucks.

I like it here in Geelong, but know I will probably have to move to pursue a career.