Impulse FAQ :)

So I just fucked with this concept in pro tools. The only plug I am not using that is stock/free is SIR 2:

Print to track:
Picture1-6.png

Routing
Picture6.png

Gate (first, but I like Noumenon's idea)
Picture2-2.png

Amp sim (yep the freebee bundled with PT):
Picture3.png

SIR 2 on a stereo AUX channell (SIR can't be placed on a mono track, because it won't wrap that way):
Picture4-1.png

Output of SIR to another AUX track running EQ3 7 band (I could have put it right after SIR on the same AUX track there isn't a reason really for this getting it's own track):
Picture5.png

Here is the result (fuck off playing though :)):

login: sneapforum
password: sn3apf0rum

http://sneapforum.kazrog.com/Guitargodgt/impulse gtr.wav

What's the cheapest hardware device that can load impulses ?

Just like the palmer pdi-3, so you can connect the speaker output of your amp to it, or just use a preap.

I know the axe-fx can load them, but that's a bit expensive only for that purpose...

ACTUALLY, I was about to reply saying that it's a pretty grim answer to your question, thinking the Muse Receptor was the cheapest option (at a scant $2k :ill: ), but look what I stumbled upon with a quick google search! http://www.petrucciforum.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-56169.html Still not cheap, but hopefully it could make it under $1 grand USD (though honestly, what's the point? I don't think I'll ever play live without a cab, so that defeats the purpose of impulses except for going direct to the PA, which is quite the boatload of money to spend just to make the FOH guy's life easier :p)

I downloaded the Guitarhack impulses from the first page and just wondering what the difference is between the different folders? They seem like a lot of doubles of the same impulse...

I found weird for me post, in some place on KVR forum. Some guy written something like this about his guitar sound with wagner, and routing etc:

mono track of wagner

Two sends for wagner in pre fader mode on two busses and volume to 0
(not 0db but -infinite eheh)

BUS ONE mono and all panned sx with convolution reverb

BUS TWO mono and all panned dx with convolution reverb

A third bus PAN, stereo
A 4th bus MAIN GUITAR .. but MONO!! and the output of PAN goes to MAIN GUITAR

This is the trick ... the pan of PAN BUS makes the mix of two ir, but mono and always in the centre as default.

And with MAIN GUITAR i have the total control of results eheheheheh

sx and dx means left and right

what you guys thinking about this?

could someone explain me this a little easier? and how to made this with cubase/nuendo daw

Does anybody have a list of what exactly these impulses are from the first post? I've had the set for a little while, but am curious as to what they actually are of.

Guitarhack's were made through the power section of a Krank Rev. 1 through a straight Mesa Rectifier Traditional cab.

Guitarhack's were made through the power section of a Krank Rev. 1 through a straight Mesa Rectifier Traditional cab.
Would you happen to know what the differences are then between the two seats, and then the different number/letter folders within? I'm just looking to label every impulse I have for reference as a bunch have funny titles. I still love ThisOne.wav

I like "Thisone," but it's a little scooped sounding for me - my favorite right now is "Edge-half" from "Louder JJ Powertube Impulses Samples" folder (good christ did you make a shitload of these, Hack!) AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STICKY THIS THREAD PUH-LEEEZZE!! :cry: