Impulse FAQ :)

First off, great thread!

One thing I think would be great to have in the first post is links to sites with free plugins who can load impulses. And list them after plugin type (AU, VST, RTAS etc.).

As goes for me who use Logic. Anyone now any free AU plugin except "LAConvolver" and the built in "Space designer"?

I use it all the time. My projects getting pretty big so I've got a latency problem. So I just want to try some others and see if there will be any difference. :)

This stuff is great!

The Wagner fuckes up my PT session. "pro tools is unable to auto backup your session. Think i might be something with the VST to RTAS, freeverb did the same SUCKS.

Any other good recommendations on Amp simulators?

Here is everything 'Bass' I have been able to find on the web. Several sets from Line6/Revalver and every other impulse I could find on the web. If anyone wants the rest I have about 150mb of others for guitar, most of which I got here. Many from elsewhere too but I haven't tried most of them.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lgkwln

many thanks for these:kickass:

ill have a go at a few a bit later!

we couldn't get the sound we wanted so far with this, its just way to less gain.

we recorded the guitar via our interface and use inserts for tss , wargner sharp and sir 2.

i'll provide screenshots if needed, somethings not workling like it should ._.

edit: probably fixed

I've seen where people have made impulses of gear. Would it be useful at all to make impulses of stuff like pedals and use those impulses as FX or in place of the actual pedal? I know it would be a seriously limited repro of the real thing but I was more curious than anything.

so can anybody give me a clue, what we can do to achive a guitar sound like the thread starter?
this is what we have done at the moment. 2 quadtracked guitars (there are some wrong lines, we will redo them) + drums.
http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/99748-Mobsi.mp3
not really mixed at all, the guitar is what bothers us, it doesn't have that bite and sounds like a rock guitar. (in my opinion)

btw:
dcdanmans sample rocks, does anybody know his band? seems like he's not coming to this forums anymore...

guitarhacks impulses link - "THE FILE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS LINK HAS EXPIRED.."

SIR reverb plugin link - may be free, but I'm on a mac and need SIR2!

Help please?