IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Jester Slave the new song ''Helsinki'' which is fucking awesome by the way, was released like 2weeks ago or something? They ''released'' another song today ''These Absent Eyes'' which were from the Beyond the Infinite EP which was only released in Japan, so it's not ''new''. The other completely new song Death Resonance, I doubt they'll release that one before-hand as well. Nice with 2 new songs, and some of these rare bonus songs I had forgotten, some are very good, some are decent. Wherever Thorns May Grow & Killed By Ignition bonus tracks from Stabbing the Drama are fucking sick especially.

Abnegation is from the EP, so doesn't count as part of ASOP. Eraser is another excellent song from the same EP. Apparently they put all of the good songs on that, for whatever reason.

Abnegation was if you remember not even part of the ASOP sessions either, it was just a one-off single released in July 2007 if I recall correctly. I know it was featured on some compilation CD's and such lika Viva La Bam and some other thing too. Then they re-recorded it for ASOP as well and re-aranged small bits and harmonies such as the chorus in the song.

And I wouldn't really call it "the EP", it's not like the EP was recorded separately from the album, it's all from the same recording session. So I would definitely regard everything as a part of ''ASOP'' I mean Japan's ''regular'' album version was all 15 songs, only for Europe and such it was separated. I really like the original Abnegation track though, it's much rawer sounding, it pretty much is a demo recording.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jester Slave
Condemned was and is my favourite track from ASOP. Probably the only one I'd listen to again.

Yeah I love that track but the only thing I dont like is that you cant really hear the leads on the chorus. Those leads are awesome but its a shame that they have low volume. I would love to hear that song without vocals. But most of the songs from ASOP are cool for me.

Abnegation was if you remember not even part of the ASOP sessions either, it was just a one-off single released in July 2007 if I recall correctly. I know it was featured on some compilation CD's and such lika Viva La Bam and some other thing too. Then they re-recorded it for ASOP as well and re-aranged small bits and harmonies such as the chorus in the song.

And I wouldn't really call it "the EP", it's not like the EP was recorded separately from the album, it's all from the same recording session. So I would definitely regard everything as a part of ''ASOP'' I mean Japan's ''regular'' album version was all 15 songs, only for Europe and such it was separated. I really like the original Abnegation track though, it's much rawer sounding, it pretty much is a demo recording.

Yeah, the original Abnegation is much better than the retouched version. I'm still separating the EP songs from the ASOP album, as I don't want them tarnished by association with that shit.

Eraser/Abnegation/Tilt, thumbs up. The majority of ASOP, thumbs down (mainly vocals, lyrics and instrument mixing).

Yeah I love that track but the only thing I dont like is that you cant really hear the leads on the chorus. Those leads are awesome but its a shame that they have low volume. I would love to hear that song without vocals. But most of the songs from ASOP are cool for me.

Schehf on YouTube did an instrumental cover of Condemned which sounds pretty good, you should give it a listen.

New DVD being released September 23rd. Here's a making of trailer:

Plus the DVD artwork (I assume) which is pretty cool in my eyes:

13731489_1041608905887868_5457112372699335732_n.jpg

Yeah, the original Abnegation is much better than the retouched version.

Agreed, even with the poor demo sound is ten thousand time better.

Form ASOP I like: Sleepless Again, Sober and Irrelevant, Condemned and the bonus tracks. I still think that it has a good guitar work destroyed by a poor production. The higher I listen to it the better the album sounds.

So no new album until next year.
Dude the album was done recording OVER 3 months ago. There's no way they push back the release date like 4 months just because they are releasing an DVD lol. They are starting to tour in November, makes no sense to start touring if they don't have the new album. Just because you release the DVD doesn't mean you have to wait a certain time for the album. If the album doesn't come November at the latest I'll be baffled.

Dude the album was done recording OVER 3 months ago. There's no way they push back the release date like 4 months just because they are releasing an DVD lol. They are starting to tour in November, makes no sense to start touring if they don't have the new album. Just because you release the DVD doesn't mean you have to wait a certain time for the album. If the album doesn't come November at the latest I'll be baffled.

If my memory is right, when they released SOAPF they started the tour like a month before it was released. And that's my opinion, not something that will necessarily happen.

If my memory is right, when they released SOAPF they started the tour like a month before it was released. And that's my opinion, not something that will necessarily happen.
They started the tour 2weeks prior to release. My point is, Siren Charms was already delayed 3 months due to Anders being burnt out, there makes no sense to delay this album release as well like 4 months because they are releasing an 1year delayed live DVD as well. I mean sure they get by and have other sidethings for income in the meantime but they are starting to tour in early November, album SHOULDN'T come later. If the album was done recorded April, it should already be completely mixed and mastered unless something weird happened.

They started the tour 2weeks prior to release. My point is, Siren Charms was already delayed 3 months due to Anders being burnt out, there makes no sense to delay this album release as well like 4 months because they are releasing an 1year delayed live DVD as well. I mean sure they get by and have other sidethings for income in the meantime but they are starting to tour in early November, album SHOULDN'T come later. If the album was done recorded April, it should already be completely mixed and mastered unless something weird happened.

I agree with most of your view. But I still think about the times of the business. I've never heard of two releases from the same band in such a short time.

The way I think, if they want to release the new album before the tour begins, they should release the DVD right now. If they do as you think, then they will have two releases in a month (or a month and a half), and that doesn't seem logical.

Then, the fact that they announced the date and name of the DVD and we have nothing of the album makes me think that they're delaying its release or that they don't care about the sales of the dvd.

Now, if I think about the times of SC, they announced the release date at the beginning of june, the name and the tracklisting in late april, the first single being released in mid june, and the album was released in september.

Both your points make sense. Just depends on if IF will play those November shows BEFORE or AFTER the release of the album.

I personally, am leaning more towards that it will be released in October even though Echoaid does make a good point that it seems too soon.

At the same time, I think the days of actually buying a DVD like when used and abused came out... Most will buy it digitally except for people who enjoy collecting physical copies/vinyls.

So, since buying an actual DVD is a thing of the past... I'm starting to think it's not that big of a deal to release and album barely a month or so after a selling a live show online.

Reactions: eochaid
They announced the release date of SC in early April 2014 that it would have an September 5 release date. At the beginning of the year Daniel said that they would release Siren Charms in May/June (they wanted it out before summer) but then they cancelled the summer concerts and pushed back the release date 3months due to Anders. The album was already done recorded December 2013, and mixed in January/Feb. For Sounds of a Playground Fading it was the same, recorded end of 2010, and mixed in January, released June 15th, but they said earlier in the year it was gonna be released 2011. But if I recall correctly they signed with Century Media that year so it was probably delayed a month due to label negotiations etc. Rusted Nail & Through Oblivion came in mid June yes.

Only thing they've said thus far about the new album when they announced the DVD release was:
"IN FLAMES has been working on a new studio album, the details of which have not yet been announced."

I just hope it's released this year at least, who the fuck knows what they are doing.
I mean Anders posted this over 3 months ago
BDwEwE3htsc

Reactions: eochaid