IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I know what he's talking about.

I hear that overall similarity especially with the guitars since lIke, ASOP.

The guitar solo'ing in Mirror's Truth, the solo in Deliver Ua etc. etc. All played in similar style

I don't find the solo in Mirror's Truth any similar to the Deliver Us one at all. Now I don't know if Jesper or Björn wrote the Mirror's Truth solo, but Björn's solo style has been pretty consistently similar since he started writing songs for In Flames. I can hear similarities in OFTW solo and Deliver Us solo. For me it's not a bad thing, I love his melodic solo's. Simple but effective. I also love shredding, super fast solo's as well in other bands, it all depends.

I mean, I would say there's a smaller difference soundwise between Colony and Clayman than there is between ASOP and SOAPF for example. Even SOAPF and SC.

Last edited:
Not the exact note for note. But just the way the guitars have been played in last three albums and what we've heard of these samples.They just sound like they're cut from the same stone. Hard to explain

Reactions: A88
Same stuff really. The sound of the overall album is different, but guitar work is fairly similar, even if it is somewhat subdued on SC. Take SOAPF for example. I think it is a good album. But Bjorn uses pretty much a few riffs with some variations when he is not playing some overly melodic riff. Same goes for solos. In 9/10 situation you know where is he going the moment solo starts. Scales, the way he plays, the way he wraps up things at the end...

On ASOP it's less obvious, as I guess Jesper had input.

Not saying Bjorn is a bad songwriter, but he doesn't have enough ideas and tricks to come up with the whole album of good stuff every 2-3 years. Another younger guitar player and good songwriter would do wonders for this band IMO. Some new blood, fresh ideas, while keeping the current sound present (not much chance going back to '90 without angst free Jesper eh?)

Don't know yet if Niclas wrote any stuff for the album though. He was at least there recording guitars, like on SC.

Everything's Gone's solo is a prime example of what we're talking about.

Same pattens, same type of play

All different, but all similar sounding as well lolol difficult to convey exactly what I mean

I get what you mean. Even when Jesper was in the band you had these solo sections where Bjorn would start the solo with his own style and Jesper would follow on with a catchy melody (eg Cloud connected). That was a permanent feature from Colony until ASOP. Now you get the same structure but instead of Jesper you have Bjorn doing both sections, and its getting a bit dull. Hopefully Niklas had some input this time round.

During this incredible home town show, the bearded gentlemen don’t allow their fans to breathe for more than a second, and deliver a charming appetizer for their next album, due at the end of this year. Once again, the band plays with haunting melodies, faces a few new horizons, but without scaring their loyal fans away. “As soon as you hear the first two bars of the new single from the upcoming album, you will totally know it’s IN FLAMES!”

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label/music/band/about/70926.in-flames.html

Yeah I saw that earlier, and In another article it states the album will be out in the autumn, so the album should be here late october at the latest. (In Flames' first show of this year, Knotfest, is November 6th which seems to further solidify my claim.) Also, the fact we have had an audio teaser AND Nuclear Blast have mentioned the 'new single' I reckon that we will have said single out during the month of August. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I've never seen anywhere stating the album would be released in August. There was absolutely no news about the album until they came with the news about DVD release date, in which the same article they said the album is being released at the end of the year, same with shad0w's link just now. End of the year = Most likely December, possibly mid-to-late November. Seems like that Knotfest show is just a oneoff show, nothing else announced until they start touring early January, so they will probably just play the new single(s) on that show only. I mean it's already August, if the album was gonna be released in October it would already be announced. Saying end of the year in August surely means literally at end of the year.

Where did you read about Nuclear Blast mentioning the ''new single''? Haven't read anything about any single yet. My guess (highly educated obviously :D) is that the first single is going to be released around the time the DVD is being released.

I didn't say the ALBUM would be out in August, I suggested we would get a single this month. Also here is the article which says the album will be out in the autumn :p don't stop this boy from dreaming that this album is coming soon :D furthermore, see the post above mine, which has a quote from a nuclear blast article "as soon as you hear the first two bars of the new single from the upcoming album, you will totally know it's IN FLAMES"

http://www.nuclearblast.de/en/label...0926.sounds-from-the-heart-of-gothenburg.html

I misread it completely. Still think single will coincide with DVD release though.

Don't know why the fuck they would write autumn, must have been another typo, meaning winter. Also a bit sad for me, they are only using footage from the Gothenburg show it seems...They filmed the entire Stockholm show which I attended as well, guess hometown show got the best response. Would have been nicer if we could get both shows, considering it took them 2 years to release it lol.

Last edited:
Haha we all misread things from time to time :p yeah hopefully autumn isn't a typo though, I mean the sooner the better right? As much as Siren Charms was far from perfect, I was pissed at how long we had to wait after it was finished recording (December 2013) and it's release September 2014). The new album finished recording at the beginning of April and so it has been a while already, no doubt they finished mixing it back at the beginning of June. I can dream that it's soon, I hate having long waits for albums :'(

After listening to the sample on that tour promo again, I remembered what "type" of screams I referred to those as from Anders.

He's returned to doing those awesome fry screams from that "Dysfunctional Hours" track and also how he screamed on that Pendulum song. Sound a lot more heavy and brutal than how he's screamed on SC and Sounds Of a Playground

Another thing I like, is how that "we are" part sounds. Anders higher note singing from "Leeches" chorus and the like... Are unique, however not terrible.

I even like the bridge on "Rusted Nail". The "wide awake" part I actually like. I think that shit is called gang vocals or something like that... Where it's several voices in unison even if just one vocalist's layered on one another.

When I heard the sample the first time it also reminded me of the Pendulum track.

While thr guitar eork was awesome on the leomo, the screams were what stood out forvmw too, It's awesome he has returned to that style of screams, and they sound a lot better than the screams on Siren charms. become the sky was the only song on Siren charms that I liked the screams.

And I never managed to buy the version which had that song on it, so I can only hear it on youtube :/

Oh yeah that's true I forgot the chase. Shame thr two best songs from SC were the bonus tracks :(