IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I'm liking how this DVD is shaping up to be! [The Chosen Pessimist warning!!!!!!]

But the sound it's no good. It doesn't sound like a live show at all.
From the very little that can be heard in the background, TCP has nice clean vocals and the guitars on Cloud Connected sound heavy. Sure, can't judge until it's released but I think there's hope that the DVD will be decent. Since most of you guys don't like SC songs anyway, I think you should only be afraid of how songs from CC (which is... Take This Life only, right?) sound on the DVD as that record fits the Used & Abused raw style. SOAPF (and SC) songs should be all right even with a mix like this, and the other tracks are already on U&A or even on the Tokyo Showdown, so you can always go back and pretend those are the "real" live versions.

btw, to comment on Everything's Gone: album version > seeing it live > DVD version. That footage imo fails to convey any live energy, but as I said, I liked the snippets from other songs, so here's hoping!

Last edited:
Hell yeah should be good. I sae them in London on the same tour as the dvd, so if it's anything like the show I went to it will be amazing. Apart from the fact anders fucked up on the chosen pessimist :p

He started singing 'erase my free will...' when he should have done 'temptation play thr good or evil part...' Peter looked over at him and gave him a death stare XD the rest of the show was amazing though

so you can always go back and pretend those are the "real" live versions.

No one is pretending that. We are just saying that, what we have heard until now, doe not have the sound (mix) of a live show. And if you see the different leaks from their shows in the SC tour you will see what we are talking about.

Only for the weak's synthesizer sounds perfect there. In person it's never loud enough. The old synth version they used to use was always at least equal volume with everything else, now lately this new one hasn't... Except for how it sounds in that video obviously. Nice and loud for the dvd yes :kickass:

Cloud connected at the end of the clip with my headphones sounded really good though

On his Facebook page Niclas has just uploaded a picture from the studio with the guys with the caption "A little glimpse from the studio while tracking guitar for our coming album "Battles" with the mighty #mikeplotnikoff behind the moonbase Alpha!! #fungrenades #if2016 #inflames #recording #newalbum #heavymetal #melodic #riffage"

So I guess we now know the album name?

Yeah ''Battles'' sounds like something viking themed, but it's obviously not referring to norse mythology. Definitely not In Flames sounding either. I like it though, could be a cool artwork depending on which direction they go.

Yes... One thinks he may have had a bit of a telling off for revealing more than he should have XD

Battles, if that is the new album title, reminds me of perhaps inner battles or at least the word more on that sense. Not so much a physical battle..just my opinion but I guess we'll find out!

Something that crossed my mind the other day. In Flames wrote this one in the States, and then announced that they are touring with Disturbed, which came as a surprise to many, also bearing in mind they are pretty good friends with Trivium who worked with David Draiman (of Disturbed) a couple of years ago on one of their albums, when I heard the promo with the new material, it instantly reminded me of The Chase, similar raw aggressive vocal style, but also slightly distorted (kinda nu metal?) which actually I thought Trivium did with their sound after working with David, on what I believe was Vengeance Falls, more specially the single Strife. It's a complete long shot but maybe he worked with In Flames for this next record. Cant make no assumptions yet but something I thought about..

Battles doesn't sound like an if title album, as siren charms or come clarity.

Prepare for In Flames elitists on Facebook to complain that In Flames have sold out (again...) purely because of an album title being left of field XD

While it isn't what I expected if anything it has made me more intrigued about the album.

At first you had my interest, and now you have my attention.

Battles, if that is the new album title, reminds me of perhaps inner battles or at least the word more on that sense. Not so much a physical battle..just my opinion but I guess we'll find out!

Agreed. I think Battles is a good title at least its better than last two although I like the albums.

Battles is one of the most generic titles out there, so hopefully it doesn't reflect on their overall creativity levels. Siren Charms, on the other hand, was a pretty interesting title and the album turned out to be an uninspired blend of shit... so maybe it'll be the opposite this time.

Honestly though, I only really care about the music. Sounds of a Playground Fading is a pretty lame title, but the album itself is great.

Does anyone else feel like the drums on the new song sample sound like Bjorn playing just like he did on Whoracle??