IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Wallflower. After a bunch of songs with no intro there is a two.minutes intro that serves for nothing. Boring. Then Anders asking if his life is a big mistake. Well, I have an answer for this, but he is not gonna like it. Bad song again.

Yeah, you guys really raised my hopes up, lol. Now I'm not really sure I even want to hear this album.

Also, I notice our little friend Joe doesn't get much love.

Meanwhile I'm sitting here not listening to the leak as I'm waiting until Friday. expect a full review though!

Greatest greed. Until now the strongest guitars, until they ruin it with the chorus and a guitar solo that does not suit the song at all.

Oooh album leak, nice. Thanks for the link, checked it literally like 5 hours ago and there was nothing. I'm basking in the glory of the election and now the album leaked, a good day indeed.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah, I don't know how to rate this. I skipped the 4 singles too, so I should definitely listen to it again and again from start to finish.

Right now, I can say that the record kicks off really hard, first 5 songs (including The End andThe Truth) are great and versatile, you don't hear the same thing twice. Songs 6 and 7 (Before I Fall and Through My Eyes) are very good too. Nothing revolutionizing, but you would definitely listen to them many times, really catchy songs.

But that's it.... from track 8 to 12 (Battles, Here Until Forever, Underneath My Skin, Wallflower, Save Me) you just sit there and sometimes you move your feet, because there is a great riff or Anders does something catchy, but then you stop because the songs has nothing more interesting to offer.

I mean, Here Until Forever is a beautiful song imo, Anders is not just fucking crying, but you can hear that he actually cares. It's nice, keep it up buddy, I think it's fucking cool you have a song for both of your children. But just as Come Clarity was not among the top songs on the self-titled record, the same goes for HUF.

UMS is quite frankly shit. Battles... I don't even understand that song, someone tell me what the fuck is that guitar tune. Wallflower is everything you guys said about TCP, except this time it's actually true. And Save Me has been discussed before.

Greatest Greed is pretty fucking good, though no one will go crazy about it imo like you/we did with The Chase.

I won't say a number just yet, but I liked Siren Charms more for sure. Oooooooooooooops....

Edit: of course, most you won't feel the same way about the first 7 songs either. You guys hate The Truth to begin with, and you won't be as impressed with the others either as me. Drained is fucking good though, as good as the record gets.

Reactions: Midas and Seppo91
Us against the world: Inspired start by Anders "I wish you to listen, can you hear me now?". That should win next novel prize. Then a decent classic IF guitar and... amazing, now they're gone fully Raise Against mode in the chorus. The solo is good.

This is a bland album made by a band with no personality at all. Nothing to offer to the music. Anders said that anyone can do what they do. He was right. My initial rate, for how much I like it, is a 3/10. To me, worst than SC. THought they are probably following the right path. This album should sell a lot of copies and introduce them to a lot of knew fans. 100% radiofriendly.

Drained is great, love the intro. Like My Sand I don't really like, it reminds me of some other song by some other band. Maybe Avenged Sevenfold. Doesn't sound anything like All For Me. Refrain is pretty good though. Has more of a melancholic feeling.

Drained is great, love the intro. Like My Sand I don't really like, it reminds me of some other song by some other band. Maybe Avenged Sevenfold. Doesn't sound anything like All For Me. Refrain is pretty good though. Has more of a melancholic feeling.

THen you should listen to it again. The main riffs are variations from AFM's riffs.

Yeah this is all first listens so everything sounds weird. But Drained was really nice, Before I Fall is also good, really like the female backing choir in the chorus, solo, very short but best one I've heard so far.

Drained sounds very similar to the end, which is a good modern metal song without much ambitions. Damm, Anders has become such a boring singer. He has no passion at all.

This is a bland album made by a band with no personality at all. Nothing to offer to the music. Anders said that anyone can do what they do. He was right. My initial rate, for how much I like it, is a 3/10. To me, worst than SC. THought they are probably following the right path. This album should sell a lot of copies and introduce them to a lot of knew fans. 100% radiofriendly.
Nah, I'm gonna start off with a 6/10.

(I gave SC an 8, SOAPF a 6.5 and R2R a 10 back in the day in the album rating thread - just saying, so you more or less know what my 6 means :D )

Anyone know the name or anything about the 15th track they wrote but did not release on the album? On the Japanese version maybe?

Reactions: AtotheK
So, if The End is among strongest songs on this album... and for me, The End is just about as simple and mainstream as I can tolerate from IF... i'm so not gonna like this.

So, if The End is among strongest songs on this album... and for me, The End is just about as simple and mainstream as I can tolerate from IF... i'm so not gonna like this.
That's just my opinion. Yours could be totally different.

Coming from you, a bad album.
Maybe, but with some really good songs, while some others are at least into the "listenable" category.

Sure A88 will drive a screwdriver through his eardrums when he hears Wallflower and Underneath My Skin or Battles, but hey... :D

To me, the main problem is the lack of personality. This is an album that, honestly, anyone can do.

Here Until Forever, really like the chorus there, one of my favorite ones so far. The female choirs really elevate the song. Melodic riff is also sweet. Verses a bit weird. Definitely the biggest thing of this record is gonna be getting used with the vocals. Just seems odd at a lot of places, but we'll see after a couple spins. Battles was really good too, especially loved the riff in the verses. The production I also like a lot, feels a lot more ''rocky'' with the bass very audible.