IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

I just find it hilarious. "Yeah, our music is so simple that literally any fucker around here could walk in and pick it up in seconds. Buy our album."
Yep, you get it right. So, why are they wasting their time when anyone can do what they do?

Actually I used the wrong word here. They gone Black Veid Brides on that song, guitar wise.

And I'm still pissed about the solos on this album.

That sounds like Save Me or The Truth. The last two songs still have, for me, that punk rock vibe.

For the solos to be really good you need to take your time, do some work, prove different things, make some mistakes. This is not something that can be done in a two weeks "composition effort".

Reactions: galvanized
Album is growing a lot. In My Room is still second worst track after The Truth. I just can't get into the verses, I like the chorus a lot but that's it. Except for those two tracks everything is starting to sound great. I seem to be the only one who loves Here Until Forever, still love it. Best chorus on the album.
Two weeks "composition effort".
lol

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
For the solos to be really good you need to take your time, do some work, prove different things, make some mistakes. This is not something that can be done in a two weeks "composition effort".

Like he did on the SOAPF. I remember that he said he worked and planned the solos. And actually that worked pretty well. I hope he wouldnt be "lazy" for the next album and do decent solos.

Reactions: eochaid
Like he did on the SOAPF. I remember that he said he worked and planned the solos. And actually that worked pretty well. I hope he wouldnt be "lazy" for the next album and do decent solos.
They also had demos for all the songs on that album I believe. But like I said, I strongly feel that was only to prove they didn't need Jesper to write a really good album. They proved that, and then went right back to being lazy as fuck.

I like how a lot of their fans that mostly just like the new direction of soft metal/hard rock or whatever live by the In Flames We Trust mantra even though that started a long ass time ago. That mantra was supposed to be for older IF. Am I wrong?

I think it was around the Reroute/STYE era? That's when In Flames fans started becoming blind fanboys as opposed to people who could be objectively critical of the band. Archy (former Everdying admin) was probably the best/worst example of this.

They also had demos for all the songs on that album I believe. But like I said, I strongly feel that was only to prove they didn't need Jesper to write a really good album. They proved that, and then went right back to being lazy as fuck.

Most definitely. They even had a song dedicated to Jesper :D "thanks for everything, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out."

I like how a lot of their fans that mostly just like the new direction of soft metal/hard rock or whatever live by the In Flames We Trust mantra even though that started a long ass time ago. That mantra was supposed to be for older IF. Am I wrong?
Don't know. I remember it at the time style was released.

And that's something that we can clearly see when listening to that album. No random stuff.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Yep, you get it right. So, why are they wasting their time when anyone can do what they do?
When Anders said that I really started feeling bad. You could argue before that we all were hard on them. But they said it themselves: they are lazy, they are not a complicated band and anyone can do it. Taking some lyrics out of context "we're not even trying".

Reactions: DE4life and eochaid
It was around the DVD release, somewhere around 2004/2005.
I think the solos on the album are pretty good. They are not ASOP bad. Problem for me they are a bit too short for my liking. I mean the solo at 2:22 in Before I Fall is really damn good, they should have gone on with it longer, it's just 10sec~

About the ''anyone can do this'' it's pretty obvious it's a bit tongue-in-cheek, but they aren't doing the most complicated music so any good rock/metal drummer could easily perform their stuff. I mean they have guitarists playing drums the first 3 albums.

Most are just typical Bjorn solos. In more or less the same place, roughly 10-20 seconds, lots of wahh and then trail off so we can hear some more of dat chorus before the song ends.

Solos have a place, but personally, I don't like them unless they actually have a purpose.
Most solos are "let's play something really fast on the thin strings for a few seconds". A GOOD solo swells, and greatly enhances the song overall. Here's an example of a really fucking great solo. It slowly builds up and explodes in an absolutely beautiful strumming solo. I dare say it is my favorite solo in metal. It is well thought through, has character, and has a GREAT expression, and has you REALLY dreaming away WITH the song. It simply is fucking EPIC.

Starts at 02:18, but you should probably start the clip at 02:14 to get some head-room.

Solos have a place, but personally, I don't like them unless they actually have a purpose.
Most solos are "let's play something really fast on the thin strings for a few seconds". A GOOD solo swells, and greatly enhances the song overall. Here's an example of a really fucking great solo. It slowly builds up and explodes in an absolutely beautiful strumming solo. I dare say it is my favorite solo in metal. It is well thought through, has character, and has a GREAT expression, and has you REALLY dreaming away WITH the song. It simply is fucking EPIC.

Starts at 02:18, but you should probably start the clip at 02:14 to get some head-room.

Here is mine

Reactions: Midas
I'm not that interested in hearing Battles anymore so I haven't downloaded it yet. I'll just wait until my copy comes in the mail which should be Saturday it says. One of my favorite bands and I'm not really interested in hearing their new album...that says a lot.

Satellites and Astronauts is an example of a solo that fits absolutely perfectly into a song. Gives me chills. Who wrote that one? Bjorn or Jesper I'm guessing?

Definitely a Björn solo. Im pretty sure either Björn or Jesper or even both said Björn does almost all solos. Another great solo is the Come Clarity, Crawl Through Knives & Reflect the Storm. CC had great solos imo.