IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

As far as I can tell your likes roughly align with the teenage demographic in the US 10-12 years ago. Plus Siren Charms.

What's really going on, bro?
I listen to hip stuff as well, but I doubt many people would be interested in how much I liked Starboy from The Weeknd, or how I was not impressed with Frank Ocean's newest record bar two songs.

I can also act smart by saying I like OSI, to which you ask "what?" and then I link you this:
And then I am very cool and underground.

Haven't found a metal band formed in the 2010s yet that I would like - not that I'm actively searching for one.

Funnily enough, I agree with you that Stanne's recent vocals are a lot more monotone. Reason for that is his voice was getting fucked up in the early-mid 00's and he had to change his technique. Damage Done and all albums before it have a distinctly different and more emotional vocal style.

Listen to this and say Stanne can't do emotional harsh vocals. He can, he just chooses not to because he's protecting his voice. Same shit happened to Jesse Leach from KsE. Too much emotion = voice destroyed.

Actually Slave has a point. I hate Stanne's vocals. The cleans suck so much. I mean you guys saying shitty stuff to Anders's cleans but he can do better than Stanne. And growls.. I wont say anything about that, but I'm pretty sure if Anders did the vocals of this song, it would be a classic. Not the SC vocals of course.

That's fine (the vid), and it's an understandable excuse for not doing it, but what ultimately matters is that he's not doing it. Maybe they have a few songs where he growls like this, or it's clean from start to finish, but I can't be bothered to listen through their entire discography just to find a couple of nice songs.

Actually Slave has a point. I hate Stanne's vocals. The cleans suck so much. I mean you guys saying shitty stuff to Anders's cleans but he can do better than Stanne. And growls.. I wont say anything about that, but I'm pretty sure if Anders did the vocals of this song, it would be a classic. Not the SC vocals of course.

I don't think his cleans are bad. I like Anders voice oh so much more, but if we are looking Stanne's cleans from an American Idol perspective, then it's pretty good imo. Can be easily boring, of course.

That's fine (the vid), and it's an understandable excuse for not doing it, but what ultimately matters is that he's not doing it. Maybe they have a few songs where he growls like this, or it's clean from start to finish, but I can't be bothered to listen through their entire discography just to find a couple of nice songs.

You don't have to. Just listen to everything up to Damage Done and you're good. You can skip Haven, and if you don't like his clean vocals then you'd want to skip Projector as well.

Skydancer/Of Chaos and Eternal Night, The Gallery, The Mind's I, Damage Done... all great. Personally I like Character, Fiction and Atoma to a lesser degree as well, but can understand why people might struggle with Stanne's new technique. Emotion is still there but he regulates it.

If you want boring screamed vocals that have nothing to do with technique, see Shadows Fall.

I can agree with Slave's point on Stanne being monotone. But unlistenable or ruining Atoma? Don't think so. Also I think his cleans on Atoma are great.

I generally like vocals that are a little emotional or crazy... In Flames used to be like that. Listen to World within the Margin for example. Totally sick vocals. I'm not surprised Anders lost his voice, he was an animal.

Also like Tomas Lindberg's voice. And Burzum's early stuff.

I can also say I'm not a big fan of Insomnium's older stuff. I felt like everything was too polished -- more so the music than the vocals, but the whole thing. That said, the latest Insomnium album "Winter's Gate" is fantastic. Need to go back and compare production qualities but it seems clearer and more distinct in addition to the unique composition.

I generally like vocals that are a little emotional or crazy... In Flames used to be like that. Listen to World within the Margin for example. Totally sick vocals. I'm not surprised Anders lost his voice, he was an animal.

WWTM is a very underrated song on record, but to be honest it doesn't come off very well live.

Anders was at his best between 1998 and 1999. He sounds really good on all the '99 bootlegs I've heard, and the Club Citta 98 recording he sounds good too. Very little in the way of cleans, which makes him so much more bearable.

His second spell of being good vocally was between 04-07 - basically encompassing STYE and CC, two albums he sounds pretty powerful on. It all went downhill after ASOP.

So in a career that's spanned roughly 24 years, Anders has had roughly 6 years where he's sounded decent both live and on record.

This is where the difference lies between Anders and Michael Stanne. The former has rarely sounded as good live as on CD, the latter has almost always produced the same effect live as on CD. The only exception being mid-00 when Stanne had to change his style to preserve his throat. Didn't effect his cleans at all, though.

I can also say I'm not a big fan of Insomnium's older stuff. I felt like everything was too polished -- more so the music than the vocals, but the whole thing. That said, the latest Insomnium album "Winter's Gate" is fantastic. Need to go back and compare production qualities but it seems clearer and more distinct in addition to the unique composition.
Their older stuff is too polished? I'm confused. Their older stuff is a little more raw.