IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

In Flames should refrain from stuff like "probably a dick", yeah, though I'm guessing that's their PR people talking. They should just do their thing and refrain from going online. Chances are the critics will listen to the album anyway, even if it's only out of morbid curiosity.

I'd be curious to hear what Johan has to say about Battles. Sure, his opinion is probably not objective, but it's like, who cares? Always cool to hear a former band member weigh in, whether it's negative or positive.
In Flames Fbook department should definitely be banned from having fun. What a beautiful sight: people crying for the older, harsh sound, and then being offended by their troll Fbook post.

Something, something, irony.
Man, how can you listen this? Awful,awful vocals. The other page was full of shitty metal (power metal? wtf was that?). Lets not do it on this page.
I mean, it has a nice riff all right. With some of the shittiest vocals imagineable. Kinda goes to show the fracture between the sides. I could never listen to anything with such an uncharacteristical, boring AND bad singer.

I give a pass for musicians digging this, because I suppose it's easier to look past those vocals when you are air-guitaring through the song, preparing yourself to try it out with a real one as well.

But hey, I bet Kreator had songs like this 300 years ago, so huge respect for sticking to their guns and not going pop. Here's to another 300 years of Kreator! (I liked Extreme Agression back then, it was the theme song for our Jedi Academy clan)

Beautiful to see the fanboys back and throwing their toys out of the pram :D

CryingBaby.jpg

STOP BEING MEAN TO ANDERS YOU HORRIBLE BULLIES! IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT HE'S A TERRIBLE LIVE SINGER, HE'S GOT ENERGY AND PASSION AND YOU'RE ALL HATERS!

3292662-really-bro.jpg

In Flames should refrain from stuff like "probably a dick", yeah, though I'm guessing that's their PR people talking. They should just do their thing and refrain from going online. Chances are the critics will listen to the album anyway, even if it's only out of morbid curiosity.

I'd be curious to hear what Johan has to say about Battles. Sure, his opinion is probably not objective, but it's like, who cares? Always cool to hear a former band member weigh in, whether it's negative or positive.
I'll PM you a translation of his ''review'' or opinion about the album later. In the midst of the extreme shitposting coming from the likes of de4life ;>
Best Metallica song in years!

That one is actually really good indeed.

Kreator song sucked, like someone else said, shit vocals. Doesn't fit the thrashy speed riffs at all. Riffs were decent though. He can't perform live either, can't replicate the studio version to perfection and he's catching his breath all the time. Don't know how A88 can like the band at all :>

In Flames Fbook department should definitely be banned from having fun. What a beautiful sight: people crying for the older, harsh sound, and then being offended by their troll Fbook post.

Something, something, irony.

Haha, yeah. Well, I mean, they can have fun and all; it's just that I'm personally not a huge fan of bands being all "suck it haters", especially ones I like. But that's just me. Especially when what they're currently writing (which of course I still enjoy) is a form of saying "suck it haters" in and of itself.

And thanks, Krofius!

Haha, yeah. Well, I mean, they can have fun and all; it's just that I'm personally not a huge fan of bands being all "suck it haters", especially ones I like. But that's just me. Especially when what they're currently writing (which of course I still enjoy) is a form of saying "suck it haters" in and of itself.

And thanks, Krofius!
I didn't really see that post as a "suck it haters" post at all. I thought it was genuinely funny. I say, "Don't be a dick" all the time.

I'll PM you a translation of his ''review'' or opinion about the album later. In the midst of the extreme shitposting coming from the likes of de4life ;>

That one is actually really good indeed.

Kreator song sucked, like someone else said, shit vocals. Doesn't fit the thrashy speed riffs at all. Riffs were decent though. He can't perform live either, can't replicate the studio version to perfection and he's catching his breath all the time. Don't know how A88 can like the band at all :>

The irony :D it's choking me.

Beautiful to see the fanboys back and throwing their toys out of the pram :D

STOP BEING MEAN TO ANDERS YOU HORRIBLE BULLIES! IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT HE'S A TERRIBLE LIVE SINGER, HE'S GOT ENERGY AND PASSION AND YOU'RE ALL HATERS!
I explained the hows and whys of my preferences in a live singer and defended someone with a malfunctioning mic. You were way too trigger-happy with this post, I don't think I even remotely said anything controversial.

Maybe next time invest your energy in correcting your mate who made an idiot out of himself, and help him out with some random "in flames live at ..." video where Anders truly fucks up - it wouldn't even took you much searching, assuming they are not already bookmared, dating back to his early teens.

Changing the subject: "In Our Room - An Evening With In Flames" Is this supposed to be like when Dream Theater does An Evening With... and it's just them playing for 3 hours? Or will it just be a standard show for them?

Changing the subject: "In Our Room - An Evening With In Flames" Is this supposed to be like when Dream Theater does An Evening With... and it's just them playing for 3 hours? Or will it just be a standard show for them?

Sounds ridiculous either way. I don't want to be in any room with Anders, thanks. I quite like In My Room as a song, but I can't help but feel embarrassed when I hear Anders crooning "here in my rOoOOom" ... what, the room you assumedly share with your wife? Your child's room? Or does your wife make you sleep in a separate room, because she won't allow you to put up all of those Depache Mode and Disturbed posters?

So, to sum a few over-sized posts:

A decent metal song with good riffing and great melody, with solid vocals characteristic for Kreator (band staying true to their genre, but with modernized sound) and all that with great guitar sound = baaaad!

But!

Robodrummer, singer who can't sing without autotune and every other imaginable studio tool, slo-mo melodies, wah solos and recycled riffs, done by band who unsuccessfully chases every trend on US charts = goooood!

No wonder we disagree. You guys are in the wrong fucking genre.

And, dear Jester Slave, that part with mic was not about the singing (that part is obvious to anyone on any video, or any live show), it's about his "moves" - the thing krofius asked me about. A just related to most recent video on this forum without going back to tons of older videos.

It is quite sad this is even up for discussion. Guy is absolute shit at clean singing.

Why not get a striper for live shows. Can't sing... but has a looot of energy, can dance, can move, can spin on the pole, looks much prettier than old hamster in funny clothes.

Sounds ridiculous either way. I don't want to be in any room with Anders, thanks. I quite like In My Room as a song, but I can't help but feel embarrassed when I hear Anders crooning "here in my rOoOOom" ... what, the room you assumedly share with your wife? Your child's room? Or does your wife make you sleep in a separate room, because she won't allow you to put up all of those Depache Mode and Disturbed posters?
By being in his room he means he has a mental barrier, so to combine it, it's a room in his conscious, where he decides what he wants to perceive as real or important and what not.

That song has pretty neat lyrics, I'd be perfectly happy if it was the ground zero in their lyrical complexity from now on - it won't be, but hey I won't be butthurt about mah old IF. You don't need rocket-science or Nordic historical knowledge to understand at least half of what he means, but it still puts the fairly obvious on a shiny plate, instead of stuffing it down on your throat.

Also, I like mental stuff more than heartache ones. Simply more exciting.

And, dear Jester Slave, that part with mic was not about the singing (that part is obvious to anyone on any video, or any live show), it's about his "moves" - the thing krofius asked me about. A just related to most recent video on this forum without going back to tons of older videos.
Okay. And what's wrong exactly with him having his own style? Most of the singers and guitar players have their own quirks - some are perceived silly, some are perceived cool. Why is it even a topic? Is there a book titled "The Grand Rules Of Metal" where it's explained how you are supposed to be moving?

From a spectator's view, it's nice to see the singer jumping around, and moving with emotions. Metacommunication is huge in every aspect of social interaction. In a live show, you want to be immersed.

Sure, if all you see is a whiny old man doing silly moves, then you won't ever go to an IF show again, fair enough. The guy kneels down and holds up his hand. I can imagine more ridiculous performances.

So, to sum a few over-sized posts:

A decent metal song with good riffing and great melody, with solid vocals characteristic for Kreator (band staying true to their genre, but with modernized sound) and all that with great guitar sound = baaaad!

But!

Robodrummer, singer who can't sing without autotune and every other imaginable studio tool, slo-mo melodies, wah solos and recycled riffs, done by band who unsuccessfully chases every trend on US charts = goooood!

No wonder we disagree. You guys are in the wrong fucking genre.

It is quite sad this is even up for discussion. Guy is absolute shit at clean singing.

Why not get a striper for live shows. Can't sing... but has a looot of energy, can dance, can move, can spin on the pole, looks much prettier than old hamster in funny clothes.

It's amazing to see people saying "we have to wait for moar videos guise"

Yeah, because 14 years worth of videos showing Anders can't sing isn't enough :D next video, you just wait... or maybe the next one...

You have an odd notion of excitement, bro.
Isn't the brain the most exciting thing in the world? I mean, even all the whiny, depressed or angry heartbroken songs stem from your brain making you sick. But the seemingly endless possibilities of what one's mind is capable of... I'd say it's exciting.

Your mind is what makes you tick, your perception of things what creates your values, and it's like a bunch of random numbers adding up a person. An exciting mind created beautiful works of art, guided us from being Harambes to performing brain surgeries, but the same mind warmongered for fun, killed their love ones or themselves. Said mind can also get stuck onto something (meaning stuff like The Attic), rendering someone essentially paralyzed, but it can also shatter to pieces, making one's existence an error in the Matrix.

Sanity and insanity, I say are evergreen concepts for every form of art.

Adjusting the level of delusion
Feel like you're one of the sane
Encoding the white noise
Lose my way and fall again

I like these lines a lot, and it also sounds cool, so I take it!
It's amazing to see people saying "we have to wait for moar videos guise"

Yeah, because 14 years worth of videos showing Anders can't sing isn't enough :D next video, you just wait... or maybe the next one...
I'm simply interested in how is his voice now, so I want to watch vids, where I'm not going deaf from the bass and Jesus behind the drums. I don't want said videos to eventually surface so I can finally decide if I like him live or not.