IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

You always think he sounds good.

And Anders "sounding good" is same as average low ability singer on a really bad day.

Guy has to be one of the, if not THE worst singer I've ever heard. Talking abou cleans, voice color, abillity to hold notes, to hit notes...

He just walks around the stage, bent over, doing funny moves, trying to get hold of some air, while singing goes in the background.

Then, when he tries to mask it, he does what he doesn't want to do in the studio, screams or half-growls.
When did I say that he always sounds good live? I don't recall saying that. And I certainly don't think that either. I was just asking cause I watched the live clips yesterday and there was only low quality audio so far. There's no problem hating his vocals, and there's no problem people loving his vocals either. It's all subjective anyways. I think you're both right and wrong. Since he uses backing vocals for some choruses he does some screams or other things instead, to create another dynamic. And I personally love when vocalists switch it up. Doing longer screams for example, growls or screams in intros or outrous that aren't in the studio version. Maybe you are one of the guys who think covers suck unless the band are literally copying the song instead of having their own touch. You're also using A LOT of hyperbole when describing him. I don't know what ''average low ability singer on a really bad day'' entails though, and I don't know which ''singers'' you are talking about. Compared to who? Which bands are you listening to? Anders ain't a singer though, and has never claimed to be one either, moreso the opposite. I like his vocals cause they're unique, I've yet to hear anyone sounding similar to him, cleans or growl/screams in any era of their music. Probably why people either love it or hate it instead of finding his vocals okay. There's definitely better singers in metal than Anders. Depends what you like though. Power Metal has a lot of singing with falsetto, I personally hate Power Metal just because of the vocals, there's almost always no versatility to the vocals when I've heard songs.

As for "He just walks around the stage, bent over, doing funny moves, trying to get hold of some air, while singing goes in the background."

That's just bashing for the sake of bashing. At least that is what it looks like. What kind of special retarded moves is he doing? Walking around the stage, which is probably the most common thing to do while performing live is somehow weird? He only bends over while doing growls or screams, which is very logical when you think about it. Most metal vocalists do that unless they play an instrument at the same time. Best way to perform live according to you is to stand still with an upright posture? Holy shit that's boring. It's metal, it's supposed to show some energy. Nothing more boring than uber-technical metal bands just standing still cause the riffs are to hard to perform while moving. Never heard you say that ever before about Anders, especially not about the early years where he literally was moving everywhere (Which I personally think is great). Nothing worse than a Tom Araya, although he has a good excuse because of his neck surgery. Same goes for Niclas then I guess? Moving around more than Anders doing ''weird'' moves?

Who's your favorite live singer from a metal band? Just curious.

Reactions: Ilias7 and Seppo91
Holy shit, it's been a while since Krofius has lashed out like that. A88 poked the bear with a stick and woke up the beast.

He'll let a lot of shit go, but not when you start ripping on his beloved Anders. Oh hell no. Fuck those singers who actually sing, being a vocalist who is a non-singer (?) is what we want to hear.

Reactions: eochaid
That's what I said last night. Like Only4theweak pointed out, it's because there are no arguments about the album. Pretty straightforward general consensus.

I can start arguments if that's what people really want :D

When did I say that he always sounds good live?

You did not say it like that... but I really don't remember you ever saying: Damn Anders sounds like a dying whale. He always sounds "great".

What kind of special retarded moves is he doing?

2.20 onward. Classic Anders.

Also, I said

He just walks around the stage, bent over, doing funny moves, trying to get hold of some air, while singing goes in the background.

Not "special retarded moves".

He's just annoying with all the stumbling around, spasmodic hand movements, lack of any kind of breathing technique, random shifts between mumbling in his hand, screams, growls, yells and whines, and overall appearance of hipster hip-hop douche.

But hey, there are a lot of awkward people out there. I could ignore all this if he could sing... But when he does his little dance and everything that comes out is out of tune girlish squeak. Well, it's just funny man.

Reactions: DE4life
Holy shit, it's been a while since Krofius has lashed out like that. A88 poked the bear with a stick and woke up the beast.

He'll let a lot of shit go, but not when you start ripping on his beloved Anders. Oh hell no. Fuck those singers who actually sing, being a vocalist who is a non-singer (?) is what we want to hear.
Nice try

You did not say it like that... but I really don't remember you ever saying: Damn Anders sounds like a dying whale. He always sounds "great".

2.20 onward. Classic Anders.

Also, I said

Not "special retarded moves".

He's just annoying with all the stumbling around, spasmodic hand movements, lack of any kind of breathing technique, random shifts between mumbling in his hand, screams, growls, yells and whines, and overall appearance of hipster hip-hop douche.

But hey, there are a lot of awkward people out there. I could ignore all this if he could sing... But when he does his little dance and everything that comes out is out of tune girlish squeak. Well, it's just funny man.

I've never said Anders always sounds great live, you can quote that post though, maybe I'm senile. I have said though that I don't really care if I see live bands and the singers don't hit or do the same notes as on the album all the time, it's more important for me the energy and feeling being conveyed. Like I've said previously, I like when bands mix up things live. The best IF example for me would be The Hive. The added intro is nice, but the best part is the added guitar melody in the chorus. The regular studio chorus on The Hive is really boring (riffwise), it's just a slow rhythm guitar riff, if you can even call it a riff, and that's it. The live version is much much better.

I used retarded as a synonym for funny, thought it was obvious. And at 2:20 maybe it's just me, but for me it sounds like the mic is fucked up, cause there's not even any vocals at all. You can see him screaming and there's still no sound. Seems like sound come's back at like 2:31~. He usually doesn't do that sideways head to breathe in shit, I also hate that. It's obvious why it's done but it looks weird. Don't know if you've seen Soilwork live videos but Björn Strid does that shit EVERY sentence and it's so annoying. I rather they move the mic down instead of moving their head away tbh.

I have said though that I don't really care if I see live bands and the singers don't hit or do the same notes as on the album all the time

Your usual fallacis. First fallacy, no one is saying that anders should sing the songs note by note as he does at the estudio. Justo that he should be as good live as he is at the studio. Thing that any competent singer has done since the beginning of hard rock.

Second fallacy. You're pretending that anders doesn't sound live as he does at the studio on purpose. It's not that he doesn't want, it's that he can't. He uses tools to pretend to be a far better singer than he is. For god's sake! The guy cannot even sing tuned with the instruments. He simply has no voice and no ear. What we hear at the studio is a fake, be it anders or any other doing the same.

And don't come with the "it just matters that it sounds live at the studio because you won't see them live" because it contradicts the "what I like is the energy that they bring".

If what you like is the live energy then if aren't also a good example when compared to other bands. Just say that they are Swedish and that you're proud of them being Swedish so you don't care what they do as long as they have success. It happens everywhere all the time.

Your usual fallacis. First fallacy, no one is saying that anders should sing the songs note by note as he does at the estudio. Justo that he should be as good live as he is at the studio. Thing that any competent singer has done since the beginning of hard rock.

Second fallacy. You're pretending that anders doesn't sound live as he does at the studio on purpose. It's not that he doesn't want, it's that he can't. He uses tools to pretend to be a far better singer than he is. For god's sake! The guy cannot even sing tuned with the instruments. He simply has no voice and no ear. What we hear at the studio is a fake, be it anders or any other doing the same.

And don't come with the "it just matters that it sounds live at the studio because you won't see them live" because it contradicts the "what I like is the energy that they bring".

If what you like is the live energy then if aren't also a good example when compared to other bands. Just say that they are Swedish and that you're proud of them being Swedish so you don't care what they do as long as they have success. It happens everywhere all the time.
Nice try :>
I tried a jab at Krofius but he's clearly being influenced by Christian Joe as he turned the other cheek.
I was bored so I responded to A88 but I cba to reply to obvious troll posts usually :>

Lol if you would read Johan Larssons review of the album without knowing it was him you'd call him a hardcore fanboy.

After waking up from a really bad week end i decided and I'm quitting them, at least their new releases, unless they decide to do something a little interesting. I'm not interested in them anymore, not the current if.
Respect. It's going to make it easier to forget about them for a while with this forum dying.

I am listening to the album semi daily trying to give it a chance. If I dont compare it to pre-RTR it's not that bad. To me if they cut about 4-5 of the songs the album would be a lot more solid. At least it's not SC.

Reactions: eochaid
I do think they missed an opportunity on Wallflower. The riffs on that song are some of the darkest and heaviest they have ever done. I wish Anders would have put some screams and growls in those heavy sections - insert around 5:20 and maybe lengthen that passage a little more. Yes, he had some decent screams toward the end (6:10) but not during the heavy section. Can't believe they didn't even think to do that. That would have really taken it up a notch.

I speak as a big fan of heavy post-hardcore stuff like Isis "Oceanic" and similar.

Last edited: