IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

2pyaihv.jpg

If nothing else, they've mastered the art of trolling.

From the metal hammer review

"Ultimately, it’s difficult to judge the 12th record by any band, let alone one as influential as In Flames, without reflecting on what’s come before. But any record has to be taken on its own merits and on that basis, Battles is just a decent pop-metal record."

"Probably a dick" should stand on all IF band pics.

Also, why are we still calling them melodeath, modern melodeath, modern metal or even metal?

Been listening Battles today again. Strange, but I'm kind of OK with this album if I don't pay attention what I'm listening. So, as a background music while I'm doing something else, OK.

As something I listen with active mind, nope.

And fuck, Us against the world (shitty name) is one of the worst, most confused songs I've heard in a long time.

Last edited:
I would like to read Johan Larsson's review of the album without him knowing them.
Well as far as I know he has no contact at all with the members, not even Jesper. I mean he left the band 20 years ago almost, I think his view is pretty objective considering he's not been in the band the last 9 albums.
How well can something sell nowadays with shit like Spotify? Don't most people just buy singles?
Records definitely still sell, not as much though. Depends on bands and popularity obviously. Spotify is very huge though in whole Europe, I think it recently started to become usable in the US as well?

Last edited:
Well as far as I know he has no contact at all with the members, not even Jesper. I mean he left the band 20 years ago almost, I think his view is pretty objective considering he's not been in the band the last 9 albums.
Since he's been in the band I don't think that he can be called objective in any way.

"Probably a dick" should stand on all IF band pics.

Also, why are we still calling them melodeath, modern melodeath, modern metal or even metal?

Been listening Battles today again. Strange, but I'm kind of OK with this album if I don't pay attention what I'm listening. So, as a background music while I'm doing something else, OK.

As something I listen with active mind, nope.

And fuck, Us against the world (shitty name) is one of the worst, most confused songs I've heard in a long time.
The last two songs Greatest Greed and Us Against the World are just way too pop punk. I don't want to hate on the pop punk genre but... pop metal I can kind of accept In Flames doing. But pop punk metal? What the F***.

Those last two songs are the first to get cut in Battles "galvanized edition".

I saw someone said there might be an second version of Here Until Forever. I am interested in that.

In Flames should refrain from stuff like "probably a dick", yeah, though I'm guessing that's their PR people talking. They should just do their thing and refrain from going online. Chances are the critics will listen to the album anyway, even if it's only out of morbid curiosity.

I'd be curious to hear what Johan has to say about Battles. Sure, his opinion is probably not objective, but it's like, who cares? Always cool to hear a former band member weigh in, whether it's negative or positive.

Last edited:
The n'flaymz manlove crew appear to have gone AWOL...

Well I'm here with krofius. Its like the wise man Anders said, "I'm right beside you, its us against the world". The jokes aside, I think this is a pretty good album. Clean vocals are better than SC, it looks like the vocal lessons worked fine for Anders. And there some awesome guitars on the album, some very good melodies. I'm fine with this one.

I saw someone said there might be an second version of Here Until Forever. I am interested in that.

Well that was me. Its on the Japan version of the album but I just couldnt find it. I'll post it here if I can find it on somewhere.

Reactions: galvanized
The last two songs Greatest Greed and Us Against the World are just way too pop punk. I don't want to hate on the pop punk genre but... pop metal I can kind of accept In Flames doing. But pop punk metal? What the F***.

Those last two songs are the first to get cut in Battles "galvanized edition".

Dude, you are ripping on the bonus material... Battles (the record) starts with Drained and ends with Save Me. Everything else is weightless when you are evaluating the record, whether it would pull the overall rating down (Us Against The World) or up (The Chase).

New Kreator...

Energetic riffs, great melodies.

Man, how can you listen this? Awful,awful vocals. The other page was full of shitty metal (power metal? wtf was that?). Lets not do it on this page.

#Makeforumgreatagain

Nice try

I've never said Anders always sounds great live, you can quote that post though, maybe I'm senile. I have said though that I don't really care if I see live bands and the singers don't hit or do the same notes as on the album all the time, it's more important for me the energy and feeling being conveyed. Like I've said previously, I like when bands mix up things live. The best IF example for me would be The Hive. The added intro is nice, but the best part is the added guitar melody in the chorus. The regular studio chorus on The Hive is really boring (riffwise), it's just a slow rhythm guitar riff, if you can even call it a riff, and that's it. The live version is much much better.

I used retarded as a synonym for funny, thought it was obvious. And at 2:20 maybe it's just me, but for me it sounds like the mic is fucked up, cause there's not even any vocals at all. You can see him screaming and there's still no sound. Seems like sound come's back at like 2:31~. He usually doesn't do that sideways head to breathe in shit, I also hate that. It's obvious why it's done but it looks weird. Don't know if you've seen Soilwork live videos but Björn Strid does that shit EVERY sentence and it's so annoying. I rather they move the mic down instead of moving their head away tbh.
Damn dude, you are trying to fight the good fight, but it ends the same, whether it's you being collected and well-spoken, or me being me.

First of all, before I loaded that live vid, I truly expected something embarassing. I think I started from ~1:40, and it immediately became apparent that he has mic troubles. Focus on Anders, his body language screams dissatisfaction with the mic, he keeps checking it out, but remains professional. At 2:20 the mic completely shits the bed, but Anders does what a professional musician should do, and just went with it. But hey, what does Anders get for a malfunctioning mic on ultimatemetal? A big pile of shit.

He could've done this:

But then he would have been labeled as an unprofessional diva. Really, it doesn't matter what Anders does, the sheer amount of hateful bias has just peaked with A88's post. If someone were to walk up on stage and shoot the poor fella in the head with a magnum, he'd get shit from here for not even being bale to finish the song. Like, how about we draw a line somewhere between Anders is an awful singer and Anders should sing perfectly with a malfunctioning microphone? Just maybe, if we want to pretend that we want to stir up meaningful discussion, and not just vomiting mindless hate here.

As for the live vs. studio thing: it is a rare gift to be able to be as good live as in the studio, not even sure why is it the golden standard for some of you. A live show, for most of the time, is the raw translation of the songs from a record. In the studio, especially in the 21st century you get prepared for a song in all kinds of ways, have a million takes if needed and only include the best one. During a tour you are singing at least a dozen songs one after another every two days, while jumping around.

I agree with krofius, I rather have someone translating or even improving on a song's energy live, than someone who stands there like a robot, hits every note and waves goodbye. Yes, it's an example of the extremes, but you get it. If I'm going to a fucking metal show, then I want Trump-like huge energies, and not feeling like I'm at some rock-disco in high-school.

I am awaiting the quality live show leaks from this tour to see how good or bad Anders is right now. With a working mic, I might add.