IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

So you think the only two states of existence are being an immature, hipster fucktard or an old, gormless zombie? Jeez, no wonder you cling to your own childishness. Here's a shred of enlightenment - it's entirely possible to be neither.
Were you dumped or what's your problem today in particular?

I said I don't think a 40 years old person should be conditioned to be or into anything. Does Anders new hairstyle suck major monkey balls in my opinion? Yes, I do think so it was some terrible design choice, possibly made so his wife won't miss him too much. But do I think someone does not get the choice over 40 and with a family to have whatever style he/she wants? Hell no, it's fucking retarded to think so.

The guy gets a new haircut, writes some songs about insecurities and you fucking leash out on him. No need to turn this board into such a cesspool.

Jester313 activated my "argue and be a jerk" switch. Only he can flick the switch back to normal.

My post was never about forcing anybody to do anything. I just said people at that age who act like hipsters irritate me and should have more respect for those they are embarrassing. Seems fair enough, but then, I know you struggle with opinions and other perceptions beyond your own.

So, all things considered, I'll continue to lash (or "leash") out on you and Anders until J313 says enough. That's just how it goes, bro.

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Jester313 activated my "argue and be a jerk" switch. Only he can flick the switch back to normal.

My post was never about forcing anybody to do anything. I just said people at that age who act like hipsters irritate me and should have more respect for those they are embarrassing. Seems fair enough, but then, I know you struggle with opinions and other perceptions beyond your own.

So, all things considered, I'll continue to lash (or "leash") out on you and Anders until J313 says enough. That's just how it goes, bro.
Well, your phrasing of your opinion came across as ultimately judgmental of one's whole personality and character, but maybe it's just how it went through translation. *passive-agressive smiling emoji*

Well, your phrasing of your opinion came across as ultimately judgmental of one's whole personality and character, but maybe it's just how it went through translation. *passive-agressive smiling emoji*

Of course it was judgemental. You say that like it's a bad thing. It all depends on who's making the judgement. It goes without saying that if it's somebody who rates The Jester Race a 6 and places Siren Charms and ASOP above it you don't pay it too much attention.

Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
I agree. One listen is not enough. But I'm so uninterested in it that I'll wait a few months probably before trying it again.
That's basically how I felt about SC and just never got around to it. My internal argument was something like DE4Life below.

It seems baffling to force yourself to listen to something as basic as Battles when there is so much good music out there.

I might have enough IF momentum this go-around to load up SC and start listening during my commute.

Of course it was judgemental. You say that like it's a bad thing. It all depends on who's making the judgement. It goes without saying that if it's somebody who rates The Jester Race a 6 and places Siren Charms and ASOP above it you don't pay it too much attention.
Because musical preferences (assuming it's an objective thing, which it is most certainly not) translates to how valid one's opinion in real life stuff, like judging someone's character.

You are almost as mind-numbing as people who share those fake news sites on Facebook and discussing it like any of those actually happened.

I might have enough IF momentum this go-around to load up SC and start listening during my commute.

Don't do it, bro. Commuting sucks as it is, add in Siren Charms and you've got a recipe for full scale depression. The only thing that could make that cocktail worse is if Slave sat next to you and spent the entire commute telling you why everyone except him is wrong about everything.

If he commutes on trains, then I can share him a bunch of behind the scene info and knowledge about railways, trains and railway companies, as it's the field I'm working in. I'm also moderately handsome, blessed with an astonishing sense of humor, and have Yu Gi Oh on my phone.

Fite me.

See, the trick is, I wanted to download Hearthstone, so I can play it away from my laptop, but turns out my mobile does not have enough storage for it. Thus, I settled with Yu Gi Oh.

If he commutes on trains, then I can share him a bunch of behind the scene info and knowledge about railways, trains and railway companies, as it's the field I'm working in. I'm also moderately handsome, blessed with an astonishing sense of humor, and have Yu Gi Oh on my phone.

Fite me.
You are also heavily cursed with being an anime/manga fan, definitely outweighs every blessing :>
Half-jokingly...But seriously when I see people with loli or just anime avatars in general I generally don't get the best image of that person IRL.
Thoughts on "Your Bedtime Story Is Scaring Everyone", people?
Love that song. One of my favorite IF songs, the ambient stuff with the faded background talking/failed radio signal things in the background is a great combo. I wonder if it's all Örjan in that song or if Anders chimed in. I used to have a version that was like 3 and a half minute, so it cut off before the vocals just come in, didn't even know I had the wrong version for like 3years. But I don't think the vocal part is needed at all.

Last edited:
I really don't see how most of you can like Battles more than SC. Too many pop elements that don't sound good.

What's wrong with liking anime and manga? I guess you're against liking comic books and graphic novels?

Yeah, Battles is basically half In Flames, half SiriusXM Octane. Most overtly pop record they've done. At least with SC they were going for alternative metal. =P

I am spinning Battles a fair amount lately, though. Those first six songs + Wallflower are really solid.

Btw for anyone wondering, the song that Niclas has writing credits on are:
1. Drained
2. The End
3. Like Sand
9. Here Until Forever
11. Wallflower
13. Greatest Greed

Cool! I was curious as to which ones he'd contributed to. "Drained" is such an Engel song, and "Wallflower" has Passenger written all over it.

I warmed up to "Us Against the World" big time, by the way. Give that song Colony production and I'd consider it par for the course for the classic mid-era In Flames sound (heavy emphasis on clean vocals aside, ofc).

You are also heavily cursed with being an anime/manga fan, definitely outweighs every blessing :>
Half-jokingly...But seriously when I see people with loli or just anime avatars in general I generally don't get the best image of that person IRL.

I take offense to that. Now, I have to get over it. ...Done.

I really don't see how most of you can like Battles more than SC. Too many pop elements that don't sound good.

What's wrong with liking anime and manga? I guess you're against liking comic books and graphic novels?
I don't mean anime in general like One Piece or Dragon Ball (Used to love these books like a decade ago) or whatever but more like the avatars people use or pictures anime watchers seem to like. I don't know how you can be interested or like a picture of a often semi-sexualized toddler or young teen. Yes I know it's animated but still, I never understood this loli interest, gives me bad vibes. And other avatar that Yagami uses is like a combined furry twink boy, I mean what the fuck lol ^^ I mean there's nothing wrong with being gay but a seemingly naked feminine looking man with a tail and canine ears is a bit to edgy for my taste.

I don't mean anime in general like One Piece or Dragon Ball (Used to love these books like a decade ago) or whatever but more like the avatars people use or pictures anime watchers seem to like. I don't know how you can be interested or like a picture of a often semi-sexualized toddler or young teen. Yes I know it's animated but still, I never understood this loli interest, gives me bad vibes. And other avatar that Yagami uses is like a combined furry twink boy, I mean what the fuck lol ^^ I mean there's nothing wrong with being gay but a seemingly naked feminine looking man with a tail and canine ears is a bit to edgy for my taste.

...HEY! D: I LIKE GUYS! (I do.) GOTTA PROBLEM!? (I just like "pushing" people's buttons.) :F

...HEY! D: I LIKE GUYS! GOTTA PROBLEM!? 8===D~~~~--- Kidding. (Not really though, I just like "offending" people.)
If you are sarcastically using that avatar I understand but if you're not and you like it...;>