IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Colony is, from the old sound, the album that I like the least. It has some great songs, some very good, and other good but that lack something, as if they're rushed. The album itself lacks internal coherence, to me, of course. Something similar to what I feel whenever I listen to asop.

I think that whoracle has better production, sound, than tjr. It was a big improvement. Maybe because of Anders? He was the producer, if I remember correctly of dimension zero's this is hell, and it was a good balanced work, as it was that of whoracle. If there's one song that seems to be out of place there is everything counts, and this because, although being a very good version, it doesn't really fit, to me, the general tone of the album.
Yes, Anders produced Dimension Zero's Silent Night Fever (2002) and This Is Hell (2003). Both of which imo has very good sound. Also great songs. I wonder if Jesper is going to start writing the next album like he said in 2018, and probably releasing it in 2019 sometime.

Does anyone remember me from the old Everdying forums? I used to post under demon_of_mine.

Anyway, I can't believe y'all are still hating on In Flames after all these years. Is it even worth it anymore? Battles was such a turd. But like an abusive relationship I keep coming back out of morbid curiosity after each album. Anyway, DE4Life, I haven't talked to you in years.

Does anyone remember me from the old Everdying forums? I used to post under demon_of_mine.

Anyway, I can't believe y'all are still hating on In Flames after all these years. Is it even worth it anymore? Battles was such a turd. But like an abusive relationship I keep coming back out of morbid curiosity after each album. Anyway, DE4Life, I haven't talked to you in years.

Hey bro, it's been a while! Damn, yeah, I remember being very pissed off when Archy shut down Everdying. I pretty much migrated to here straight afterwards, but not many others did. I dunno if they went over to Jesterhead or just stopped posting about In Flames altogether, but it's not often you see Everdying alumni posting here or anywhere else really.

As for hating on In Flames... yeah, totally worth it :D it's really just for entertainment at this point. I don't think any of us genuinely feel angry or upset about what the band are releasing. It's just that a lot of us have the small, very slim glimmer of hope that they'll produce another SOAPF. It's possible with the current band members, although the band does seem pretty much finished as a creative force at this juncture.

Sorry bro, I did see it but I think I totally forgot to download it :D do you still have it?
I remade them, just for you. Check your fucking PMs. While clarifying the tracks I was blown away by "Dark Signs". Song is fucking incredible when it can be heard properly.

So tragic that DANIEL BERGSTRAND doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

Last edited:
Thanks chief :cool: I'll download when I get home.

And yeah, production on Reroute really did downgrade a lot of otherwise very good songs.

It's not hate. More like a hobby :rofl:
Yup. We love this band, hence we remorselessly criticize it when we feel that they've done (or the producers) something we don't like.
I'm outright LIVID about the mistreatment of Reroute to Remain, A Sense of Purpose and a few other albums that are GOOD, but has been completely mistreated in the production phase. It is inexcusable in my eyes to not take a musician's hard work seriously.

Yup. We love this band, hence we remorselessly criticize it when we feel that they've done (or the producers) something we don't like.
I'm outright LIVID about the mistreatment of Reroute to Remain, A Sense of Purpose and a few other albums that are GOOD, but has been completely mistreated in the production phase. It is inexcusable in my eyes to not take a musician's hard work seriously.
Yep. Not liking the last albums doesn't mean that I don't want anything with the band. I still love the past ones and they're still among my favourite albums and band, though not the current state of the band.

As for the production, I agree. Asop, r2r... Even if it was done on purpose, I think that at least on r2r was done on purpose, they do not make justice to the music and the band. Sadly I don't think that we're going to have an official remix, since they seem to be pleased with the sound.

I think that whoracle has better production, sound, than tjr. It was a big improvement. Maybe because of Anders? He was the producer, if I remember correctly of dimension zero's this is hell, and it was a good balanced work, as it was that of whoracle. If there's one song that seems to be out of place there is everything counts, and this because, although being a very good version, it doesn't really fit, to me, the general tone of the album.

Yeah, I always thought of Whoracle as "bettered TJR".

Everything Counts sometimes feels a bit out of place musically but lyric-wise, a song about corporate greed and corruption suits an album about downfall of humanity just fine.

P.S. Hi, Dismissed cynic! :)

Reactions: eochaid
Fuck. Going through ASOP, and first song, Mirror's Truth, one of the guitars is totally mud-wrestling. Hurts my ear. Also, @DE4life, you either didn't check your PM, or you forgot to reply.

Fuck. Going through ASOP, and first song, Mirror's Truth, one of the guitars is totally mud-wrestling. Hurts my ear. Also, @DE4life, you either didn't check your PM, or you forgot to reply.

I checked it, I just haven't been home! Life is hectic... I'll download them tonight.

I checked it, I just haven't been home! Life is hectic... I'll download them tonight.
Check again.
-
Did ASOP. I'm boiling of anger in regard to the mistreatment of this album. Seething hatred. -.-
Pessimist is a masterpiece, that was thrown in the bucket by the mix and mastering cunts.

Last edited:
Check again.
-
Did ASOP. I'm boiling of anger in regard to the mistreatment of this album. Seething hatred. -.-
Pessimist is a masterpiece, that was thrown in the bucket by the mix and mastering cunts.

Vocals on TCP are going to make the song unlistenable for me no matter what the production :D the rest of ASOP was plagued with production issues, but the shitty vocals and lyrics had nothing to do with production. It was just Anders failing to deliver. He made up for it on SOAPF though, so at least we got that before the recent descent into the darkest depths of whatever circle of hell In Flames currently reside in.

Whatever he's doing today with his clean vocals always comes off as grating. He's best when he does the gravelly-clean singing.

Also, The Chosen Pessimist is great.

TCP has some interesting moments, but the vocals are just a huge turn off for me. Plus it would have hugely benefited from being a couple of minutes shorter. I feel like it's stretched out to 7 minutes just to be "epic", even though the first five minutes are basically the same chords over and over. I still wouldn't particularly like it if it was shorter, but at 5 minutes or so I think it would be much improved.

I'm kinda blown away by the Clayman riffing. 100% of the tabs on internet are wrong. That's quite hilarious.
Also, Colony soon. @DE4life

Last edited:
100% of the tabs on internet are wrong. @DE4life

This is literally 99% of text tabs. Some guitar pro tabs sound nice and accurate sometimes, because I think people who actually use it are more serious guitarists. I mainly learn songs by ear because of people tabbing shit wrong though.