IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Hmm, it looks like EP got leaked. Contains 4 songs

01. It's No Good
02. Down in a Hole
03. Wicked Game
04. Hurt

Will check it out now.

Lots of electronics and Anders singing emotionless. DOwn in a Hole is such a good song... Wicked Game is such a good song, and they made that mess. They have to guitar players but they could have none and the songs would sound almost the same.

Last edited:
Well I have no clue about the original songs so I'll make my comments about the covers.

It's No Good: Unlike the song name, it's pretty good. I was expecting some growling instead of full clean vocals but it's still good. I like the guitars and synths on this song. Even though they don't have a keyboard player, its well placed. It's good but I was expecting something more heavy, more guitars and growls would fit this one. Still I can add it to my playlist and listen it through time. 8/10

Down In A Hole: I listened original songs intro just to check if they had piano, but this piano adjustment is FREAKING AWESOME! Normally I'm not a huge fan of piano but it fits perfectly for me. Absolutely amazing. Thing that bothers me is that this song almost have no guitars and it doesnt feel like IF at all. They've chosen to take pop-ish path on this one and I didnt like that. Piano with more guitars would take this cover higher on my list. Since they gone to softer path on this, I think vocals are fine for this. I dont think its emotionless at all. Song is not the way I wanted, but because its not the way i wanted that doesnt mean its bad. I would still prefer more guitars with this awesome piano. 7/10 (Cmon I couldn't give this awesome piano a 6 right?)

Wicked Game: When I heard the teaser for this one, I had high hopes. But I didnt like this one, dont know why but its just didnt do it for me. 3/10

Hurt (Live): I thought it was studio version but I guess they recorded it when they were doing it live. I have 3 words for this one: ANDERS FUCKING FRIDEN. Awesome performance.

Down In A Hole: I listened original songs intro just to check if they had piano, but this piano adjustment is FREAKING AWESOME! Normally I'm not a huge fan of piano but it fits perfectly for me.
Lol, just lol...
I dont think its emotionless at all
Just clean your ears, listen to the original song and cry...
this awesome piano
Lol, just lol. They had a very good acoustic guitar but decided to made it into that whatever piano melody.
I have 3 words for this one: ANDERS FUCKING FRIDEN. Awesome performance.
And that's the problem with the fanboys, you live in a perpetual cognitive dissonance :D

Now tell me again why you don't like cyhra?

Lol, just lol...

Just clean your ears, listen to the original song and cry...

Lol, just lol. They had a very good acoustic guitar but decided to made it into that whatever piano melody.

And that's the problem with the fanboys, you live in a perpetual cognitive dissonance :D

I don't know what your parent told you when you growing up but not everyone has the same ideas like you. I listened acoustic guitar and guess what, I like the piano version even more. So if you have better responses then " LOL CLEAN UR EARS LOL" I can response to that but not this.

I don't know what your parent told you when you growing up but not everyone has the same ideas like you. I listened acoustic guitar and guess what, I like the piano version even more. So if you have better responses then " LOL CLEAN UR EARS LOL" I can response to that but not this.
This I never doubted. As long as Anders is involved then it's good. Such a fanboy you are. This is not about opinions, this is a serious case of denial of reality.

Last edited:
Ciko always gives me a chuckle :D Anders could have belched the entire of most of these songs and he'd be giving it 9/10, amazing innovation.

These covers suck. Not a patch on the covers they did back in the day. But it's essentially a different band at this point anyway, so the comparison isn't really fair. They weren't a weird pop-alt-metal hybrid back then.

Reactions: eochaid
Now I didn't really like the covers that much but I thought there were some good moments in each song, but that argument is just fucking retarded, why would you have to like Cyhra? I get it, you can't stand Anders clean vocals, but that has nothing to do with how Cyhra sounds as a band or how their vocalist sound. You're trying to correlate the two bands for some reason.

But I can answer the question again if you want. I don't like Cyhra cause I find them incredibly boring both musically and especially vocally. Their debut album had WAY to much electronic stuff and half the songs were power ballads and most of the songs had a sad melancholic feeling which IMO didn't work at all. On top of the vocals being way to generic sounding. I haven't listened to the album since it came out.

Happy? =)

Now I didn't really like the covers that much but I thought there were some good moments in each song, but that argument is just fucking retarded, why would you have to like Cyhra?

Just comparing those covers, poorly done, with cyhra's higher quality.

I get it, you can't stand Anders clean vocals, but that has nothing to do with how Cyhra sounds as a band or how their vocalist sound. You're trying to correlate the two bands for some reason.
Who said that I don't like Anders cleans?

But I can answer the question again if you want. I don't like Cyhra cause I find them incredibly boring both musically and especially vocally.

Not as if I was asking you.

Eh...You? Or are you going to pretend you haven't been trashing Anders cleans the whole time?
As far as I remember I have been trashing his inability to sing live and the fact that he needs to use pro tools to do it at studio.

No Good has the best IF guitar tune since ASOP; somewhat better than that, as it's clean/overproduced as fuck and I am digging it. Nothing of that rock bullshit of SOAPF or SC, and the vocals doesn't overpower it unlike on Battles. I am happy that they took this road to cover it. I like Everything Counts and World of Promises (Anders sucks on Land of Confusion), but they tried waaaaay too hard to intentionally butcher those songs. I think No Good is the absolute best middle ground: poppy vocals + heavy guitars. I just don't like when heavier bands cover pop songs, and all you can hear is 3 minutes of growling and frantic drumming. It's funny for 20 seconds and that's all.

Ever since they leaked that one of the cover songs will be Down in a Hole, I listened so much to the original, that this one pales in comparison. You see, this is a cover song where both the band and Anders should have went In Flames on it. Trademark Anders "I'M DYIIIIIIING" agony-growls during the chorus and a much braver instrumental work could have done wonders. Just imagine how easily this song could have been My Sweet Shadow part 2. It is very much listenable, but quite boring.

Wicked Game is fucking garbage.

Some songs shouldn't be covered and Hurt is one of them - Why do I always need to remind myself that the people on Facebook are fucking retarded? Hurt is the most covered song of NIN, so you have to suffer from some special kind of autism to be surprised that someone covers it. That being said, having heard this shit a million fucking times, I am - and most NIN fans - extremely tired of it. A great song, don't get me wrong, but there is no performance that could make me say "holy shit, this is it!!!". I am glad Anders and co. likes it and they had the pleasure of covering it; it's nothing more, nothing less than the millions of other acoustic covers of Hurt out there.

I mean, you really can't compete with this masterpiece of a performance:

Reactions: eochaid
Johnny Cash's cover of Hurt is the GOAT. Nobody else should even bother.
To be fair, the majority of the Hurt covers are covering the Johnny Cash version. I don't think people are covering Hurt, because they want to top that; they just really like it and it's a relatively straightforward song to cover.

To be fair, the majority of the Hurt covers are covering the Johnny Cash version. I don't think people are covering Hurt, because they want to top that; they just really like it and it's a relatively straightforward song to cover.

Pro Tip: Go up to a hardcore NIN fan and tell them you liked their cover of Hurt by Johnny Cash.

Pro Tip: Go up to a hardcore NIN fan and tell them you liked their cover of Hurt by Johnny Cash.
Reading those comments are killing me on the inside. It's basically trolling at this point.

To be fair, you don't need much to trigger us, because we are quite insufferable when it comes to NIN. But I love how everyone gets into the band, and whenever something new is released it's dissected to death. From the outside it's like seeing a bunch of jackasses doing wine tasting, but I like that there is still much fire and we are of varying age. Some of them were listening to NIN when I wasn't even born yet.