IN FLAMES new album being released by the end of 2016

Will read back, but now only hopped it to say what you probably seen as well: seems like that IF will release a cover of Alice In Chain's Down In The Hole. I always assumed that band had something to do with Alice Cooper. Oops. Pretty neat song, so I am happy for the news.

And I'm gonna say this in advance: as long as it's going to be fun (not talking about the theme of the song), I will have no complaints. Original tracks on studio records are meant to represent the band, but they can go as poppy or mainstream as they want if they cover something. I like the little snippet on facebook, and I really liked Everything Counts, so lesssss goooooo!

Also, here's hoping Christian Joe will not be accused of sexual harassment! That would break my heart.

Will read back, but now only hopped it to say what you probably seen as well: seems like that IF will release a cover of Alice In Chain's Down In The Hole. I always assumed that band had something to do with Alice Cooper. Oops. Pretty neat song, so I am happy for the news.

And I'm gonna say this in advance: as long as it's going to be fun (not talking about the theme of the song), I will have no complaints. Original tracks on studio records are meant to represent the band, but they can go as poppy or mainstream as they want if they cover something. I like the little snippet on facebook, and I really liked Everything Counts, so lesssss goooooo!

Also, here's hoping Christian Joe will not be accused of sexual harassment! That would break my heart.
I love that song. Hope the result is good. Opeth made a cover of aic, don't remember the song now, and it was a very good cover.

Just remembered, it was would.

Last edited:
I don't get the part about sexual harassment. Not all Christians like to abuse children.

Well, that and CJ isn't wealthy or famous enough for such an accusation to be of any benefit anyway.

So, I heard this earlier...

Speed from Soilwork on vocals, all cleans. I'm not sure about it. For all the talk about Cyhra having too many synths, these are way too prominent imo :D sounds like something straight out of 80's hair metal. The song is OK I guess. Artwork looks like they ripped it right from Come Clarity's booklet.

I also had no idea that Jesper and Alexi Laiho did guitars for Sinergy's debut album.

Maybe we shouldn't be surprised about the PM elements in Cyhra, Jesper has been involved in this and Hammerfall, so he's clearly a fan of that style to some degree.

That Gathering of Kings song is pretty good, heard it a couple weeks ago or whenever it was released. Everything Björn touches is good or great. It sounds kinda similar to his other band Night Flight Orchestra but with a more synth sound. I'm not surprised about IF probably covering Alice In Chains considering Anders is a huge fan of the band when the old singer was in it.

Pretty sure they aren't going to be on the level of Everything Counts, World of Promises or Strong & Smart. But creatively will be better than anything they've released in the last few years, since they didn't write it.

I love World of Promises. Land of Confusion is also really good, Strong and Smart is decent and Everything Counts I don't really care for. No Fun At All actually covered Episode 666 as ''payback'' also, it sounds really different with the clean vocals.

I love World of Promises. Land of Confusion is also really good, Strong and Smart is decent and Everything Counts I don't really care for. No Fun At All actually covered Episode 666 as ''payback'' also, it sounds really different with the clean vocals.

To be fair practically anything could be covered using that Clayman production and would sound awesome.

I had no idea NFAA covered Episode 666. Just listened to it and... yeah... I'll stick with the Whoracle version.

Man, I love this fun facts by Krofius.

Also could "No Good" be from Pantera? It would be pretty good if In Flames cover a Pantera song. I loved the "Fucking Hostile" cover.