IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Just give me the new album, already. Right what went wrong. Although apparently it's being produced by the guy who produced Battles? Shoot me dead.

At least don't let the Sirius XM Octane rogues gallery contribute to the songwriting. What the fuck, Bjorn and Anders. I still haven't forgiven you.

I recently relistened to the entire In Flames discography and Lunar Strain and Battles are tied for my least favorite. TJR is still the best, but always love spinning Reroute, Come Clarity, and Siren Charms. Reroute is, like, the perfect distillation of In Flames, to me. Perfect marriage of the old and new, catchy as hell, Anders' best vocals and lyrics (in my opinion, obviously), sick guitar sound. Fuuuuck. Going online a couple years later and finding out it was divisive was such a shock.

Oh, right, caught the new At the Gates recently. Good singles, though the rest of the album is a bit impenetrable to me at the moment. Love "Daggers of Black Haze" though.

Production on To Drink from the Night Itself is fucking terrible. Worse than Siren Charms. It's a crime. At least with SC I was able to add reverb after the fact to give it more atmosphere but I can't do anything with the former.

Ah, I see others are now even making accounts showing how much they hate Jester Slave hahaha
Or rather, how much they are afraid to post under their real account on the internet. You are anonymous to begin with lmao; I'm not THAT scary, folks. :D

Also, long time no see, my number one fan. Hopefully you stick around, because the amount of whining has never been the same since you went awol.
I recently relistened to the entire In Flames discography and Lunar Strain and Battles are tied for my least favorite. TJR is still the best, but always love spinning Reroute, Come Clarity, and Siren Charms. Reroute is, like, the perfect distillation of In Flames, to me. Perfect marriage of the old and new, catchy as hell, Anders' best vocals and lyrics (in my opinion, obviously), sick guitar sound. Fuuuuck. Going online a couple years later and finding out it was divisive was such a shock.
Another sane person?! A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

Or rather, how much they are afraid to post under their real account on the internet. You are anonymous to begin with lmao; I'm not THAT scary, folks.

Until cjcko reveals your real name that he found by chance in facebook. Anonymity should be respected when writting in a forum, specially other people anonymity.

Until cjcko reveals your real name that he found by chance in facebook. Anonymity should be respected when writting in a forum, specially other people anonymity.
Did you mean ciko? I'm pretty sure it's rather impossible for anyone to find me "by chance" on Facebook, given how we live in different countries to begin with. :D But you know my real name and Facebook account, and I mean, it's not even a secret. If someone would want to discuss how Siren Charms is the best music ever created by humankind on messenger with me, I'm all for it. Unless someone was reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllyyyyyy weird about it, I never denied anyone my social profile. Sure, if I was a girl I'd probably think differently, because I'd be a real babe and I wouldn't want people to harass me on Facebook, but since I'm a dude, it's all cool.

Also, what I meant is that we all have anonymity here, so whenever only4theweak may suggest that I should be shot down on the streets like the degenerate dog I am, he - and everyone else - can do it from the shadows. But you have to lack confidence if you even register a fake account, so you don't ruin (??) your reputation on your main one. I mean, the novelty of it was nice, I most definitely appreciate it, as attention is what fuels me, but a bit disappointing, that he's afraid to reveal himself. But if I think you are being a moron, then I don't register an alt-account to tell you that so I don't get heat on this one.

Also also, this day and age anonymity on forums is overrated. Young people don't use forums anymore, they use reddit. So we are all a bunch of adults who a.) should not write things we'd be afraid to admit to in real life and b.) could face no negative consequences by revealing our identity. Sure, it would be annoying first to read all the comments about how handsome I am, but eventually I'd get used to it.

Look at Sister of Destruction! We don't know eachother's social media, so she had to upload a picture of herself, otherwise we couldn't compliment her. The last person who had themselves as an avatar on the IF board? Also a girl. Don't get me wrong, I'd gladly look at her instead of you monkeys, it's just funny how stereotypical it is. :p

Also, also also we have a few new members, which is cool! Not sure where they crawled here from, maybe it's only now they got to listen to Siren Charms. You can delay listening to the best record ever produced, but you can't escape it.

edit: also, if ciko found me, he is a real monkey for not messaging me :D :D when I found you on Facebook and your amazing real name I didn't hesitate!

Reactions: ciko_gfb
Also, also also we have a few new members, which is cool! Not sure where they crawled here from, maybe it's only now they got to listen to Siren Charms. You can delay listening to the best record ever produced, but you can't escape it.

edit: also, if ciko found me, he is a real monkey for not messaging me :D :D when I found you on Facebook and your amazing real name I didn't hesitate!

I have been following this forum for some time now. Mainly to find any new info on IF. I just recently decided to partake in the conversations!

Reactions: Jester Slave
Me too! I've been following this forum since Siren Charms thread, but I've decided to join the conversations before Battles was released. You guys have been an excellent source of information on IF. Also, I really enjoy most of your arguments

Ayy, that's cool! Didn't you feel the need to introduce yourselves? Obviously concentrating on your relationship with the band, and how you got into it, what do you think about the shift in their music, your opinion on their live shows and indirectly mentioning your feelings about Anders' live vocal performances and so on.

Admittedly, it's not an easy thing to do with a band having this huge history, and we could write essays about even just records like STYE, ASOP or SOAPF alone - just mentioned some controversial records, which either rubbed the majority of then-fans the wrong or the right way.

But it's strange to hear opinions like @ThePhobiac's, who says LS and Battles sucks, but TJR and Siren Charms are good. But these kind of things give you your first impression of someone, and you label them with some notes if you see them comment in the future and try to evaluate their comments accordingly, basically embodying them with a personality you associate them with. I highlighted his opinion, because it was refreshing to read this combination of liked and disliked records, as I'm pretty sure he is unique with these these evaluations of said records.

So yeah, it's always nice to hear some fresh takes in IF's music, because we were starting to become easily automated, as we just cycled the same opinions over and over again.

Did you mean ciko? I'm pretty sure it's rather impossible for anyone to find me "by chance" on Facebook, given how we live in different countries to begin with. :D But you know my real name and Facebook account, and I mean, it's not even a secret
I know your real name and that of two other members here but I won't say shit. Cpiko posting here my real name was rude and unnecessary. This is why the board is anonimous.

I hear ya. I’m always going to enjoy IF. I go to any show I can make it to within my area of the US. Even with their shift in musical direction, while they may not be my favorite albums, I still enjoy that old IF melody that still lingers. Favorite albums in the colony-soapf era, which seems like most. But I still jam out to their songs almost every day driving to work and back. They have been a huge part of my musical interests in my life since the late 90s. Lots of artwork on my body from their albums too. Music means a lot to me so it only seems fitting to have tattoos of my favorite music.

So we are all a bunch of adults who a.) should not write things we'd be afraid to admit to in real life and b.) could face no negative consequences by revealing our identity. Sure, it would be annoying first to read all the comments about how handsome I am, but eventually I'd get used to it.
I have a reputation. :p

I don't think that it's about what we say but about keeping our real lives to ourselves.

But you have to lack confidence if you even register a fake account, so you don't ruin (??) your reputation on your main one. I mean, the novelty of it was nice, I most definitely appreciate it, as attention is what fuels me, but a bit disappointing, that he's afraid to reveal himself. But if I think you are being a moron, then I don't register an alt-account to tell you that so I don't get heat on this one.

More likely to be a lurker I'd think. What regular poster on here hasn't said you suck at some point?

Reactions: eochaid
More likely to be a lurker I'd think. What regular poster on here hasn't said you suck at some point?
I'm pretty sure Krofius is way too nice to say that to me. It also takes a lot to rile him, and we rarely exchange words to begin with.
I know your real name and that of two other members here but I won't say shit. Cpiko posting here my real name was rude and unnecessary. This is why the board is anonimous.
Do you mean your full name? I missed that "drama", but I did call you Hugo a couple of times.

Do you mean your full name? I missed that "drama", but I did call you Hugo a couple of times.
You did and I'm ok with that. You also have no problem on saying your real name. But someone cannot pretend to keep on being anonymous while revealing other people's identities. It's up to anyone to reveal his/her real name.

I'm pretty sure Krofius is way too nice to say that to me. It also takes a lot to rile him, and we rarely exchange words to begin with.

The years of defending In Flames through their shittiest songs and albums have taken their toll on Krofius. He's cold as ice these days. There are subtle hints that tell when you've hit a nerve though.

I doubt he's behind the JesterSlaveSucks persona though. It's not really his style. Can't really think of any prominent posters who wouldn't just say that you're a dick if they think you've said something dumb. Still think it's either a lurker or a peripheral poster who forgot their user and/or password.

Reactions: eochaid
The years of defending In Flames through their shittiest songs and albums have taken their toll on Krofius. He's cold as ice these days. There are subtle hints that tell when you've hit a nerve though.

I doubt he's behind the JesterSlaveSucks persona though. It's not really his style. Can't really think of any prominent posters who wouldn't just say that you're a dick if they think you've said something dumb. Still think it's either a lurker or a peripheral poster who forgot their user and/or password.
Oh wow, I never meant to imply that. Krofius is a much needed addition on this board; I wish I had seen him when he was a happy person. You know, before he met you folks.

In fact, your ex-lurker explanation makes sense, as most of the folks here are rather straightforward, even more so than supposed to *coughs* Clayman *cough*.

I did see some interesting stuff back in the days..... there was this guy whom I started chatting with, and he started bragging about that time when he and his friend got rid of a hacker, so he spent me an hour long read of saved forum posts. It was really fucking awkward, because there were some instances of the files he sent to me where the logged in user saving these posts was the hacker itself. And even back then, some of the people were accusing him of being the hacker and the friend who helps him battle him are all the same person. He gave me some bullshit explanation and I slowly backed the fuck out.

Hell, people on reddit set up threads, questions ,conversations or one-liners to themselves, by changing accounts. Sometimes they even forget to change accounts. So yeah, some people on the internet are willing to go go to the deep end to make themselves look good, or farm internet points.

Oh wow, I never meant to imply that. Krofius is a much needed addition on this board; I wish I had seen him when he was a happy person. You know, before he met you folks.

In Flames are as much to blame as we are, in fairness. Fortunately for you this forum's threads are all still available to view, so if you're insanely bored you can go back and read all of the classic threads from 2008 onwards which I think is roughly when Krofius first showed up. I'm still there, suave as always, Clay-man is still talking about drinking horse-cum, etc... great times.

Hell, people on reddit set up threads, questions ,conversations or one-liners to themselves, by changing accounts. Sometimes they even forget to change accounts. So yeah, some people on the internet are willing to go go to the deep end to make themselves look good, or farm internet points.

Reddit is a cesspool. I'm pretty much entirely view-only on there.

In Flames are as much to blame as we are, in fairness. Fortunately for you this forum's threads are all still available to view, so if you're insanely bored you can go back and read all of the classic threads from 2008 onwards which I think is roughly when Krofius first showed up. I'm still there, suave as always, Clay-man is still talking about drinking horse-cum, etc... great times.
I used to read a LOT of old stuff, and it was strange seeing some of you. You in particular were so humble and open-minded back then that I had to stop in awe. But boy, there were some really angry people back then as well, but it was funny reading those no fucks given, brutal opinions.

I think it was the CC-thread I'm referring to, I went quite deep there. It was surreal to read Take This Life getting thrashed by some people, like wtf. :DDD

I used to read a LOT of old stuff, and it was strange seeing some of you. You in particular were so humble and open-minded back then that I had to stop in awe. But boy, there were some really angry people back then as well, but it was funny reading those no fucks given, brutal opinions.

I think it was the CC-thread I'm referring to, I went quite deep there. It was surreal to read Take This Life getting thrashed by some people, like wtf. :DDD

You needed thick skin to survive on these forums back then. Plenty of people couldn't stand the heat and flamed out.

Not sure I was on the CC thread though as I only joined in 2008. Unless the thread was still going then?

Hmmmm, not sure then. I remember the most from CC, but read a lot of "best/worst 3 song" threads as well, and you definitely popped up somewhere. Maybe I'll need to revisit them, but there's a storm coming with that new single, so I have to be ready to get back into action here. What a disappointment it would be if we all agreed that it is good or bad.