IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I used to like a couple songs off of Disturbed's Ten Thousand Fists album many years back but haven't listened to them whatsoever really in probably about a decade. I heard like 1min of this new song and I swear it sounds super similar to some other song they did. I know they've kept their style or whatever but it literally sounded like one of their songs, it's just way to cookie cutter sounding.

Can you feel that?
Ah, shit
Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah
Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah
oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh XD
No thanks, we prefer In Flames and guys, please stop talking about shit bands like that :p

Last edited:
Reactions: JesterSlaveSucks
Can you feel that?
Ah, shit
Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah
Oh, ah, ah, ah, ah
oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh XD
No thanks, we prefer In Flames and guys, please stop talking about shit bands like that :p

Lmao, you are yet to express any insight about your love to In Flames on this board. You haven't even introduced yourself.
Disturbed's new single is not that bad. I'm far from excited about it, it lacks the strength of The Vengeful One, but after a couple of listenings I think it's passable. It is true that Disturbed are a good example of artists who don't evolve and I think Immortalized was to confirm that. However, according to David Draiman their new album Evolution is half full of ballads. That's something different...
Sound of Silence becomes a hit, and the next record suddenly swarms with ballads? Ahh.... how predictable.

Yeah, I used to think I was better than others because I listened to In Flames instead of Disturbed. That was my initial reaction when I saw these posts as well.

But then I started listening to a “Disturbed essentials” playlist. They aren’t extreme metal that’s for sure... more like radio rock type stuff. But they are harder than In Flames. So I’m gonna try to stop hating.

The Sickness and Indestructable are pretty good, and I listened the shit out of Ten Thousand Fists back in the day as well. Believe is hit and miss, Asylum is dogshit, and Immortalized is mehhh.... not shit, but really fucking tiring now. And the new single doesn't signal much good either.

Disturbed is nowhere near shamefully bad like Drowning Pool, and if you collect a dozen songs from them, they can sound really fucking good. But it's like when you date she pours three tons of make up on, and she looks sexy as hell, then you move together, and she's ugly, she smells, and all she does that she occasionally posts on the In Flames board, so she gets some attention from strangers. If you catch my drift.

I used to like Disturbed but now they sound "meh". And that new single is the same old Disturbed song but with shitty vocals.

Anyway back to IF, since we still dont have any news, which song is the "one" for you guys? I have lots of favorite songs but Deliver Us number 1 for me. Best IF song there is, for me of course.

Here's a awesome live version, very good performance by Anders, except for chorus though.

Well, it's really hard to pick a one. First of all, there is no real metric by which we could compare their newer stuff to their older ones, so at the very least you should pick two songs. Then there's also the power of being played live, as there are songs which sounds decent on the record, or maybe even not that good, but they absolutely deliver live.

Depending on the mood, you may also pick a ballad instead of an "arena song" like Deliver Us.

In any ways, Only For The Weak was the song that got me into IF, so I'd probably say that. I'm still not tired of that beat, and it's a nice mixture of the melodic and radio-friendly side of IF. It's also great live.

Reactions: Ilias7
Dude honestly. I used to be on the bandwagon of "Oh Disturbed is some shit nu metal band" but they have some decent songs.

They're decent for an Alt Metal band. Not all their songs are good but they have some pretty decent ones. If you want a shit band go listen to Trapt

Yeah, it's hard to pick one song from In Flames due to their constant change in music. However, Take This Life was the one that got me into them and also into screaming in general back in 2006 or 2007.
I used to adore Hammerfall at that time and I heard about their good friends from In Flames. I decided to check them out and I listened to Take This Life. At first I was like: "What the hell is that?", but for some reason I kept listening to it until it grew on me and realised how brilliant it is.
So, I'm picking this song because of its influence on my musical preferences in general.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Favorite song is hard to pick and it also rotates from time to time, but Food For the Gods, The Hive and Bullet Ride are probably some of my most listened IF songs ever. That lead guitar melody in The Hive verses always gets me along with probably my favorite lyrics in an IF song.

Unlike a mere sheep like yourself, I have the knowledge behind me to be pedantic. I'm glad you are sticking around, as knowledge may befall onto you and that poser chick as well.

you're a shitstain on the underwear of life and sister could knock you out with one punch

my favorite song is upon an oaken throne it's fucking awesome. I want them to play it at a show jester slave is at. he'd go home in tears hopefully after someone punched him in the balls