IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I don't know what you expect, they want to earn more money so that's normal thing that they leave aggression behind. If you think that in flames come back to their old times you are probably drunk
I think that's a mistake. Leaving aggression behind doesn't garantee more money.

Most aggressive IF album is probably Come Clarity, which also happens to be the album that propelled them into the mainstream, so...?

Classic IF wasn't aggressive at all. People just assume aggression because of the vocals, but the older albums are way more about melody. Only a handful of songs from the older albums are aggressive (Dead Eternity, Morphing Into Primal, Behind Space '99). I'd argue they had more aggression in STYE and CC than anything they'd done beforehand.

Reactions: Ilias7 and eochaid
Well, now they are a little bit :p
As long as they don't wear shirts with a Linkin Park logo, it should be fine.

(btw I'm glad they did it, and that they broke away from soo many metal band clichés, like clothes. the metal scene is full of people with sticks up their asses, so just walking on stage with a linkin park shirt is such a fuck you to everyone.)

(btw I'm glad they did it, and that they broke away from soo many metal band clichés, like clothes. the metal scene is full of people with sticks up their asses, so just walking on stage with a linkin park shirt is such a fuck you to everyone.)
Yeah and clowns like Slipknot with stupid masks on their faces or vampires from cradle of filth and many others black metal bands

Dani Filth is from a town very close to me, I used to see him out in clubs every so often :D he was a good dude, not a fan of his vocals though.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
I think it’s hard for a band to engineer their success. They were ambitious but what made them popular the first time in the 90s was beyond their control. Right people, right talent, right place, right time. Luck. They can’t duplicate that again themselves. They need the gods or something. So maybe they are right to keep changing even in weird directions. Try random stuff until something sticks.

Last edited:
I like both Cradle and Slipknot, so I can't join on bashing them :D But what's it worth, Slipknot at least does some very good music, and I think everyone would rather have someone have a sellout, poser look, than a sellout, poser sound.

I like both Cradle and Slipknot, so I can't join on bashing them :D But what's it worth, Slipknot at least does some very good music, and I think everyone would rather have someone have a sellout, poser look, than a sellout, poser sound.
They are pretty good, I like their music too but you know this nothing special

I'm so triggered about the SOAPF guitar bashing. Whether you like the direction the album took or not it is 1 million miles ahead of any other In Flames album post Come Clarity, in terms of guitar work, production, and just the songs themselves, are written so much better than anything else we've had in the last 10 years, and thats coming from a guy who likes all the other post CC albums except Battles because it's mostly trash

Tbf it's only Slave bashing SOAPF, and pretty much everybody else telling him he's completely wrong :D I'm starting to think maybe he downloaded a fake SOAPF and heard something totally different to the rest of us.

Wow, this is pretty good actually. In nightcore standard, anyway. And thanks, put it on 2x, and now the record is a 10/10 for me!!

@TheJestersDoor I agree, the songwriting was much better, the whole record feels like... well, a whole :D But the guitar is still lame.

Talking about cliches, omce Jesper said something like "Linkin Park is better than U2 because at least they're metal". That's quite stupid to say. And Linkin Park do not even considere themselves as a metal act, and to this I agree.