IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

SOAPF is more mature and more richer album experience for sure, but saying it's more metal than ASOP is borderline trolling. The dudes who wrote ASOP and the stuff before that would've been through two songs already, while the wise, old fella meticulously put together a seemingly hour long riff.
That's wrong on so many levels...

Is The Grand Conjuration "less metal", just because it's slower than Linkin Park? It is not about speed. Not at all. And just because you don't like this more progressive, perhaps much more sophisticated than ASOP, doesn't make this album half bad and especially it doesn't make it not metal. And bashing it because it's slower is just childish.

SOAPF isn't even a particularly slow album, so I'm not even sure where Slave is getting that from :D it's basically your standard mid-tempo metal album across the board. The only songs that sound "slow" to me are All For Me and Liberation - the latter of which is a ballad, so it's meant to be slow.

As a product it is a little boring. Too many mid-tempo songs. It needed to be more varied. This is a letdown when listening to those songs live during the SOAPF tour. Still, the songs are good.

So this is how it feels to witness a major drop in quality in abandoning their metal sound, yet being praised by the new gen, and calling it even better, than the older stuff. So this is how true suffering feels.

Well, if I ever end up in a vegetative state, where I am physically unable to respond, despite screaming on the inside, I'll have some experience to look back to.

You are the reason they kept getting away with their shitty, old people's metal sound.

Awwwww, Soapf guitar is so rich!!! Such a puffy sound!!! So metal!!! Yeah, totally raping everything they have done from LS to ASOP, but who cares man, it's so rich and warm and colorful. Man, such a good record, you can hear that the slow ass guitar is... there. It's just there man.

what the fuck

I've listed a bunch of songs from Jotun to ASOP. Could've mentioned TJR, but you can really hear on that record that it's old, so I didn't want to bring that up in terms of guitar sound. But newsflash, it's metal, not shitty granny rock like on soapf-sc-battles.

Slave has become everything he hates :D a true shift to the dark side. It wasn't that long ago he was calling Lunar Strain a piece of shit, TJR "boring" and saying SC was the best thing ever. Now SC is part of a trilogy of shit guitar sound, apparently, and he's defending the honour of the older albums :rofl: we have entered a world beyond my understanding. Perhaps even a dimension behind space.

No way in hell SOAPF, SC, and Battles sound the same.

But also no way in hell ITM is exactly the same as Battles. Listen to the two back to back, ITM has many more metal elements. That’s in addition to the better production.

Reactions: Jaymzkrueger
No way in hell SOAPF, SC, and Battles sound the same.

But also no way in hell ITM is exactly the same as Battles. Listen to the two back to back, ITM has many more metal elements. That’s in addition to the better production.

As I said, the riffs are chunkier and fill more sound on ITM. The riffs on battles were wafer thin. Production between the two albums isn't that different though. Guitars perhaps a little higher in the mix, drums too. Anders vocals are mixed pretty much exactly the same, right down to the autotuned choruses. Difference being this time there are way more growls, so it sounds more metal than Battles through that alone.

Pre-SOAPF it was much better. You know, it was actually fun. pre-R2R was more melodic, and post R2R was more agressive. SOAPF managed to lose all the aggressiveness, and only retain an itsy-bitsy more melodic sound. Terrible trade all around.

Just check out how ASOP blasts into your face (a familiar feeling I assume), and doesn't stop. Previous records are no different really, culminating in CC, where every single guitar sound rips your ears off.

The guitar playing is the exact same shit through different productions.
How can it be the same guitar shit? They ripped off all their older albums to make this album, except for the choruses. Yes, choruses are the same as Battles. Verses are rip offs of old shit though, and some SOAPF. But mostly ASOP.

Pre-SOAPF it was much better. You know, it was actually fun. pre-R2R was more melodic, and post R2R was more agressive. SOAPF managed to lose all the aggressiveness, and only retain an itsy-bitsy more melodic sound. Terrible trade all around.

Just check out how ASOP blasts into your face (a familiar feeling I assume), and doesn't stop. Previous records are no different really, culminating in CC, where every single guitar sound rips your ears off.
I don't know what you expect, they want to earn more money so that's normal thing that they leave aggression behind. If you think that in flames come back to their old times you are probably drunk

They don’t need to lose aggression to make money. IF worships Korn right? Did Korn get popular by going soft? No. They might need pop elements, but not lose aggression.

How can it be the same guitar shit? They ripped off all their older albums to make this album, except for the choruses. Yes, choruses are the same as Battles. Verses are rip offs of old shit though, and some SOAPF. But mostly ASOP.
You can rip something off and it in the shitty guitars of SC. You can also rip something off basically play it almost entirely with the same settings (just different production, but leave that out of the picture now) like on ITM. It's like, a Scottish pipe band can cover Metallica too, but it won't be metal. Same thing with IF.
I don't know what you expect, they want to earn more money so that's normal thing that they leave aggression behind. If you think that in flames come back to their old times you are probably drunk
Am I? IAA, Burn and ITM are many steps towards that. I am not expecting anything similar to the R2R/STYE/CC trio, I just want their metal sound back. And signs are on the wall that it may be happening with this record.

They don’t need to lose aggression to make money. IF worships Korn right? Did Korn get popular by going soft? No. They might need pop elements, but not lose aggression.
Yeah but KoЯn play totally different genre of metal, not even melodic so it was easy to bulid their fame especially in USA and they are not very aggressive, they are posers like slipknot :rofl:

Reactions: galvanized