IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I like it, it's relaxing. Though my highlight is most certainly this broken "stay with me", near 1:53 part.
I have the song on repeat since an hour I guess. It might be my favourite since 2006 coming from IF.

My favourite part is the end. Good and emotional. Anders almost screams as he did in the old days, almost, and that adds even more emotion to the song.

Emotion is something that I miss in the last IF releases.

Can't argue with that. The last one that felt emotional for me was A New Dawn. After that it was just music, for better or worse.

I really like how the acoustic guitar transitions to electric, then the screams come in. It's really well done and somewhat reminiscent of System, which has a similar transition albeit without the acoustic/electric change. It's one of the most powerful songs on Reroute for this reason and it's similar with Stay With Me. They do the same kinda thing on Deep Inside, but it works better on Stay With Me imo.

Reactions: mindd and eochaid
Can't argue with that. The last one that felt emotional for me was A New Dawn. After that it was just music, for better or worse.
The same for me. I love that song. I just wish more variation in the guitar solo. Basically the same tune played over and over again. And Anders did a great job there in the verses and the chorus. One of my IF favourites.

I really like how the acoustic guitar transitions to electric, then the screams come in. It's really well done and somewhat reminiscent of System, which has a similar transition albeit without the acoustic/electric change. It's one of the most powerful songs on Reroute for this reason and it's similar with Stay With Me. They do the same kinda thing on Deep Inside, but it works better on Stay With Me imo.
Yep. I was thinking about system. In both songs the screams add value. They have a purpose.

I just wish that the acoustic was not so similar to this song

Though it is more evident in the case of the other ballad when compared to tcp. He did not even tried to hide the similarities.

Never thought of System in first place, but you're right. Anders going into beast mode is also similar.
I'll put Stay With Me in a frame above my bed. It's a journey through what IF used to be.

The same for me. I love that song. I just wish more variation in the guitar solo. Basically the same tune played over and over again. And Anders did a great job there in the verses and the chorus. One of my IF favourites.
Nah, if they spared it for any other solo on this album I'm absolutely fine with it. We got two instrumentals separated with amazing vocals, I couldn't have asked for more.
Great times. I couldn't wait to see the sunrise again, I couldn't wait to hear more from this guys. Always hyped for the next album, but if I hear they work with this bastard again, I will have to lower my expectations drastically.

Reactions: eochaid
The more that I listen to stay with me the 77more I like it. If only Anders could sing.

Here he doesn't mess with the chorus. Few words, simple melody but effective. I wish that he could understand that this is his strong point. Not those whatever choruses.

Where is that hater that kept saying to me "Really bro, you consider Stay With me to be one of their best musical pieces ever?" Yeah dude myself and a few people on here definitely think that because there's absolutely nothing wrong with that song. I think the only people that could complain about it would be elitist IF fans that still hope for JTR 2.0

Really bro, you consider Stay With me to be one of their best musical pieces ever?"
I don't think it's ine of their bests ever. But it's a good enjoyable song. I wouldn't considere it in my top five.

After all this is the IF version of Scorpions ballads.

I don't think it's ine of their bests ever. But it's a good enjoyable song. I wouldn't considere it in my top five.

After all this is the IF version of Scorpions ballads.
I think I am Above and Stay With Me are 2 of the best songs they released since Disconnected & March to the Shore from ASOP and I consider those in my top 5-6 IF songs

Dont name disconnected here dude. That's the rule number one.
Bro when I first heard Disconnected it was right after listening to Colony and I cringed but it grew on me so quickly... I can totally understand why people hate it but the instrumental work is just supreme.. dont hate on me pls

:rofl::rofl::rofl: don't worry. I like the instrumental there. It's just the lyrics but I don't care that much. As for @DE4life he would probably ban you if he could. You just say that you kike tcp and bottled and see hiw hell comes upon you.

Reactions: DE4life and Vjeshta
After repeated listens, my favourites are the same: Voices, IAA, Deep Inside, SVM, plus I am not against hearing ITM and Burn, if I want an injection of ASOP B-side tracks. And that's like a half of the album. Sadly, the other half is fucked up.

Still, that is a few songs I like more than Battles and Siren Charms combined. So, let's call this a step in the right direction. Push HB out of the window and we're good to go.

Where is that hater that kept saying to me "Really bro, you consider Stay With me to be one of their best musical pieces ever?" Yeah dude myself and a few people on here definitely think that because there's absolutely nothing wrong with that song. I think the only people that could complain about it would be elitist IF fans that still hope for JTR 2.0

I guess I am the said hater. :)

And I said, "best in the history of music", as you did give it like 9.5, and that would mean that it pretty much couldn't be better than it is. Sorry bro, but that is pure bullshit. And I stand by that.

SWM is a good song (I rated it as such in my wannabe review), and with a few other stands tall among other mediocre or atrocious shit on ITM (that you rated like 7, 8 or 9). Musically probably the most successful slow ballad they did. Lacks epic solo though. CC was lesser in other aspects but that solo was a killer.

Even Anders doesn't sound fake on this one. He always trying to fix his vocals (understandable as the guy couldn't hit the proper note or hold one to save his life), but the truth is, nobody listens to IF because of nice singing. He's at his best, screaming or doing that suffering, broken cleans.

Oh, and Deep inside - I was thinking about where did I hear that riff, and somebody pointed out Arch Enemy. Yeah that's the one. Also similar to some Amorphis stuff. And that weird prechorus/bridge or whatever part sound like something straight out of RTR. Nice.

And the intro to itm is pretty similar to sober and irrelevant. We should stop this right now since bjorn doesn't seem to want to do something fresh.

After repeated listens, my favourites are the same: Voices, IAA, Deep Inside, SVM, plus I am not against hearing ITM and Burn, if I want an injection of ASOP B-side tracks. And that's like a half of the album. Sadly, the other half is fucked up.

Still, that is a few songs I like more than Battles and Siren Charms combined. So, let's call this a step in the right direction. Push HB out of the window and we're good to go.

I guess I am the said hater. :)

And I said, "best in the history of music", as you did give it like 9.5, and that would mean that it pretty much couldn't be better than it is. Sorry bro, but that is pure bullshit. And I stand by that.

SWM is a good song (I rated it as such in my wannabe review), and with a few other stands tall among other mediocre or atrocious shit on ITM (that you rated like 7, 8 or 9). Musically probably the most successful slow ballad they did. Lacks epic solo though. CC was lesser in other aspects but that solo was a killer.

Even Anders doesn't sound fake on this one. He always trying to fix his vocals (understandable as the guy couldn't hit the proper note or hold one to save his life), but the truth is, nobody listens to IF because of nice singing. He's at his best, screaming or doing that suffering, broken cleans.

Oh, and Deep inside - I was thinking about where did I hear that riff, and somebody pointed out Arch Enemy. Yeah that's the one. Also similar to some Amorphis stuff. And that weird prechorus/bridge or whatever part sound like something straight out of RTR. Nice.

At least we agree on our favorite tracks from the album being Deep inside, SWM, and IAA. Probably not on our ratings lol but that's fine id just have to replace Voices with In This Life for my top list. There's just somethign so upbeat about that song whereas Voices is just another typical In fLames song..

And the intro to itm is pretty similar to sober and irrelevant. We should stop this right now since bjorn doesn't seem to want to do something fresh.
hmmm I just listened to Sober and Irrelevant again and I could see why u think that but to me its still like Disconnected 2.0

The riff yes. But the drumming and how it starts is totally sober and irrelevant.

Its disconnected with sober and irrelevant rythm and i am the highway bridge.

Seeing people, and especially A88 praise SWM baffels my mind. Reminds me of when I see people compliment Liberation from SOAPF, but many times worse. It's a boring ass song. I mean maybe if my mother was dying or something and I'm emotional, then maybe I could relate to it in some way, but casual listening, yikes.