IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Seeing people, and especially A88 praise SWM baffels my mind. Reminds me of when I see people compliment Liberation from SOAPF, but many times worse. It's a boring ass song. I mean maybe if my mother was dying or something and I'm emotional, then maybe I could relate to it in some way, but casual listening, yikes.
It's about tastes I suppose. For someone like you with a total lack of sensibility is inly natural to not like songs like this. :p

this is one of the best metal albums of all time. if you think otherwise, you're retarded
This is one of the best albums of all time. No. The best. This is the culmination of everything that the music is. The Mozart of the 21th century but better.

this is one of the best metal albums of all time. if you think otherwise, you're retarded

not sure if youre trolling or not; I think the album is absolutely amazing but I probably wouldn't consider it one of the best of all time even though i rate it really highly. Nothing will ever beat Reroute to Remain that record is everything that I ever want in a melodeath band

Of course I'm trolling. This is a whatever album that could've been better but also could've been far worse. Specially after SC and Battles.

R2R has nothing to do aside to CC. That's a perfect album. And I like reroute a lot.

It's about tastes I suppose. For someone like you with a total lack of sensibility is inly natural to not like songs like this. :p
Nah man I can love slow ballads, like Come Clarity, when it's done in a way that sounds good. I just don't think it sounds appealing in any way when I hear these super slow songs on the album. I listen to way mellower stuff as well by other artists, specifically Devin Townsend.

The beginning of We Will Remember sums everything wrong with guitar sound on this album. Listen to that rhythm guitars behind the melody. So crunchy, but totally plastic and without edge, balls, whatever. Then the heavy riffing starts and it feels like it's well done midi, and not a real instrument. Just fake. Fuck you Howard.

Seeing people, and especially A88 praise SWM baffels my mind. Reminds me of when I see people compliment Liberation from SOAPF, but many times worse. It's a boring ass song. I mean maybe if my mother was dying or something and I'm emotional, then maybe I could relate to it in some way, but casual listening, yikes.

Yeah, DElife and I fucking loved Liberation. Maybe not so much standalone as in the context of the whole album.

SWM is great, minus some meaningful melody/solo towards the end and some of the singing. I'm a sucker for well crafted acoustic chord and atmospheric background. I listen to a really, really wide range of music.

Nah man I can love slow ballads, like Come Clarity, when it's done in a way that sounds good. I just don't think it sounds appealing in any way when I hear these super slow songs on the album. I listen to way mellower stuff as well by other artists, specifically Devin Townsend.
Come clarity sounds nice, but I don't like Anders in the verses there. Not my taste. Though I like the song.

Just to make my point. My favourite IF ballad is metaphor. I like acoustics a lot.

Reactions: galvanized
Of course I'm trolling. This is a whatever album that could've been better but also could've been far worse. Specially after SC and Battles.

R2R has nothing to do aside to CC. That's a perfect album. And I like reroute a lot.

CC doesn't do it for me.. the production is absolutely terrible I cant listen to more than one song at a time without my ears bleeding..
If i had to rate all IF albums it would be
(1). R2R
(2). STYE
(3) ASOP
(4) ITM
(5) Colony
(6) Clayman
(7) Battles
(8) CC
(9) Siren Charms
(10) SOAPF
(11) JTR
(12) Whoracle
(13) Lunar Strain

Im curious to hear about ur guys' ranking... I'm definitely a 2002-2008 IF fan.. Its not that I don't like their old stuff I just think they culminated during that period; they definitely became more commercial but I sincerely don't mind that as long as the songs sound like what they do in STYE and R2R

CC doesn't do it for me.. the production is absolutely terrible I cant listen to more than one song at a time without my ears bleeding..
I like the production. It's raw and heavy. Production apart that album is excellent. A true masterpiece.

Come clarity
Clayman reroute to remain whoracle
Colony
Sounds of a playground fading the jester race
Sountrack to your escape
Subterranean
A sense of purpose
Lunar strain

I the mask

Siren charms

Battles

If you don't like essential IF acoustics, sure, it might be boring. As is Moonshield's intro. My sleeping pill, truth be told.

Wow, I must have seen "rank your albums" game a thousand times on this board already :D

1. Colony
2. Clayman
3. TJR
4. Whoracle
5. Come Clarity
6. SOAPF
7. Reroute to Remain
8. STYE
9. ITM
10. Lunar Strain (close one to ITM, perhaps a draw?)
11. Siren Charms
12. ASOP
13. Battles

Reactions: Vjeshta
It changes from time to time.

Clayman-Colony
TJR
Whoracle
SOAPF-Come Clarity
RTR
ASOP-LS
ITM-STYE
Battles
Siren Charms

I just listened to We Will Remember, In This Life, Burn, and Deep Inside on my way back from work.

...Jesus fucking Christ.

Two more songs. Then thoughts.

I just listened to We Will Remember, In This Life, Burn, and Deep Inside on my way back from work.

...Jesus fucking Christ.

Two more songs. Then thoughts.

I can't stop listening to Deep Inside and In This Life.. such good tracks man

Here’s my ranking, after listening to most of I, the Mask

The Jester Race
Siren Charms
Reroute to Remain
Colony
Come Clarity
Soundtrack to Your Escape
Whoracle
Clayman