IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

"All The Pain" is such a good song, but it's a little tarnished when you realize

you can clearly hear the autotune warble on Anders' vocals in the first thirty seconds, like Kanye West on "Heartless"
oof. can't unhear.

"MeEeEe" "KneEeEeEes"

Honestly. It's pretty sad. Vocal training and he can't hold a note in tune.

Reactions: Jester Slave
Anders is using his songs to talk to himself.

I want you to lead me
Take me somewhere
Don't want to live
In a dream... one more day

Follow me, don't be afraid
I will lead you to a better place
Free from the sorrows
Away from the let downs
You will find a home

Reactions: Ilias7
oof. can't unhear.

"MeEeEe" "KneEeEeEes"

Honestly. It's pretty sad. Vocal training and he can't hold a note in tune.

That sad thing is I think he could. There are other parts of this and other albums where there isn't much autotuning going on and he sounds alright. He just seems to lack confidence and so continually falls back on ProTools to make it "perfect", when in actual fact it would likely sound better without, even if it might technically be a little rougher.

Reactions: mindd
That sad thing is I think he could. There are other parts of this and other albums where there isn't much autotuning going on and he sounds alright. He just seems to lack confidence and so continually falls back on ProTools to make it "perfect", when in actual fact it would likely sound better without, even if it might technically be a little rougher.
How many takes would it take him to do that? He cannot go up and down the scale without being out of pitch. And he's abusing this on this album. Just listen to ITL.

How many takes would it take him to do that? He cannot go up and down the scale without being out of pitch. And he's abusing this on this album. Just listen to ITL.

He should just stick to a range he's comfortable with. Most of the time he doesn't even need to go up or down the register, he only does it because he knows the autotune software will correct his mistakes. Just do cleans like he did on Passenger or earlier Reroute/STYE days. OK, his cleans back then weren't going to win any awards, but he sounded alright. His current cleans just sound so fake sometimes, it's off putting to me.

Stay With Me might be one of the best songs they released lately, really loving it. I love the new album but still cant understand the love for All The Pain. :D

The chorus is mainly what lets All the Pain down, as well as the out of place solo. There's a lot of nice stuff outside of that though.

Reactions: Ilias7
I find that it’s the pre-chorus of All The Pain that’s out of place, and that the chorus is more consistent with the mood and key of the verses. Might just be that the pre-chorus is in a major key, though.

Also, not a big fan of the key shifts in the last chorus in a lot of these songs. I like the first two choruses in Follow Me, but not the last one.

Can’t believe they went with calling their fans “Jesterheads” when “F(r)iends” was just sitting there the whole time

My copy of ITM finally arrived! Blake did amazing work!

All The Pain has a great build-up. It starts slow, then the pre-chorus brings energy, but the chorus is letting me down. The first half of the solo fits well with the mood of the song...the second half is out of place.

Also, I hate it so much when the first line of a chorus is the same with the last one and they are doing a double chorus ( We Will Remember, All The Pain ). It gets boring.

Reactions: galvanized
My copy of ITM finally arrived! Blake did amazing work!

All The Pain has a great build-up. It starts slow, then the pre-chorus brings energy, but the chorus is letting me down. The first half of the solo fits well with the mood of the song...the second half is out of place.

Also, I hate it so much when the first line of a chorus is the same with the last one and they are doing a double chorus ( We Will Remember, All The Pain ). It gets boring.
To me the solo is fine, both parts. In context of the lyrics maybe it doesn’t fully fit, but the music flows just fine. Maybe Bjorn was trying to offer a glimmer of “hope” in desperation or something along those lines. I need to read the lyrics carefully and see what is going on.

Listening to SOAPF really makes me miss Daniel. I didn't really notice at the time how much dynamism he brought to the drumming. Sounds so much better than the robo-drumming we get these days.

Listening to SOAPF really makes me miss Daniel. I didn't really notice at the time how much dynamism he brought to the drumming. Sounds so much better than the robo-drumming we get these days.
I was listening to Come Clarity yesterday and was thinking the same thing. Especially with the blast beats at the end of Vacuum and the cool drumming on Pacing Death’s Trail right after. Daniel was drastically under utilized. The last album where the drums were really up front was interestingly Bjorn’s drumming on Whoracle. Not to say they were technically amazing, but they were upfront and were a key part of my memory of the songs. Think about the song Whoracle. Totally epic. I used to love drumming on the floor to the entire album.

After Daniel joined they didn’t really do that kind of stuff anymore. And the drums were de-emphasized. First the guitars took front stage, then the vocals. The crazy thing is Daniel could kill it. But they didn’t let him do anything that creative.

I don’t know why it’s like this, if anyone could appreciate good drumwork it would be Bjorn.

Interesting things:
1. Mother jokes by Anders during the concert.
2 . In Flames sound solid and seem to have a lot of fun.
3. House sounds heavier live.
4. Anders doesn't sing his part during Raise Your Banner by Within Temptation.

Doesn't he just do a couple of screams in the chorus on that song, or something? Not really worth hanging around on stage for, just to do that.

Yeah and I think the only time he's ever guest performed live was 2 times with Pendulum in 2010 or so, other than that I never think he's done any live guest vocals for bands, so I wouldn't assume he's going to start doing it all of a sudden.