IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

The solo is good. Rest of the song is forgettable. To me the song sounds like they ran out of material and had to use leftover ideas to put it together, but to be fair that’s probably not how it happened.

Also, I read some criticism about ITL’s drumming. I don’t know, there’s plenty to criticize about that song, but I don’t think simple drumming is in and of itself bad. Case in point: Dreamscape, OFTW, Metaphor, etc

Hive is a less interesting Food for the Gods. Phenomenal solo, though.

Zombie Inc is a little boring to me. Minus the clean interlude and pre-chorus. Those are fantastic.

Behind Space is good but I need to be in the mood for it.

OFTW is played out as fuck. I’ve heard it so many times I can’t stand to listen to it again. Plus it does that key shift in the last chorus and I can’t stand that when it happens on I, the Mask, so I’ll be fair and knock OFTW for it too

Last edited:
The Hive is one of my alltime favs, I will never skip it in my life. The lead guitar in the verses are probably my favorite IF melody ever on guitars. However I definitely skip songs from all albums, and some I don't even listen to, don't think I've listened to a single song off of Lunar Strain in many years, it was probably Everlost Part 2 with the female vocals that was the last one I listened to a bit. Only time I really listened to Lunar Strain was when I first started listening to In Flames like 13 years ago or something when I downloaded their whole discography and had it on shuffle all the time.

Suburban Me is easily in top 10 In Flames songs ever, if you skip it you need to get your hearing checked, for real.
In fact, if I had to introduce someone to what In Flames is (supposed to be) all about, I wouldn't mind playing them that track.

As far as albums with unskippable tracks go, the last one for me is Come Clarity, if you don't count the chorus of Scream. I wish they made another Come Clarity before it was too damn late.

Reactions: galvanized and A88
Well to me maybe 5-10 years ago I wouldn't skip a single track but I feel like I overlistened many things and now I don't find some songs interesting at all, like Episode 666, Square Nothing, Artifacts, most of R2R, most of STYE, actually most of many albums if I go by whats on my playlist nowadays. I used to never skip anything but many songs have grown stale and they just sound uninteresting to me.

Reactions: ThePhobiac
Finally heard "Not Alone". Reminds me a lot of late 90's Paradise Lost.

Ultimately kind of a *shrug* song for me. On most other IF albums, it'd probably be the worst song.

Reactions: eochaid
I kind of regret pre-ordering this album, considering it's nowhere near as good as I thought it would be based on the released tracks. It's a better Battles but that's kind of it. But hey. The artwork is at least very nice.

Idiots XD
9DDtmvQ.jpg

I kind of regret pre-ordering this album, considering it's nowhere near as good as I thought it would be based on the released tracks. It's a better Battles but that's kind of it. But hey. The artwork is at least very nice.

We tried to tell you.

It must be. Anders is doing the same thing he did on tjr and whoracle.

Stay With Me isn't death metal?
Nah it's clearly screamo, everyone who doesn't listen to any rock/metal knows everything is just called screamo that has any sort of harsh vocals in it. That stuff actually does tilt me though, I mean you don't have to be hitler when it comes to exact definitions of bands and subgenres to an extreme level, but when you listen to metal you clearly know there's a difference between lets say Trivium and Cannibal Corpse, but to people who don't listen to any metal it's all just "screamo" and I admit it annoys me a bit.

I mean you don't have to be hitler when it comes to exact definitions of bands and subgenres to an extreme level, but when you listen to metal you clearly know there's a difference between lets say Trivium and Cannibal Corpse, but to people who don't listen to any metal it's all just "screamo" and I admit it annoys me a bit.

This, but you can't exactly call them out on it without being labeled a sperg, so you just gotta smile and nod.