IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Nah it's clearly screamo, everyone who doesn't listen to any rock/metal knows everything is just called screamo that has any sort of harsh vocals in it. That stuff actually does tilt me though, I mean you don't have to be hitler when it comes to exact definitions of bands and subgenres to an extreme level, but when you listen to metal you clearly know there's a difference between lets say Trivium and Cannibal Corpse, but to people who don't listen to any metal it's all just "screamo" and I admit it annoys me a bit.
People who doesn't listen to metal cannot tell the difference between Iron Maiden and Cannibal Corpse. To them it's all noise.

I was checking out the youtube comments for the new songs, looks like most people appreciated the new album. I'm enjoying too actually, all the songs except House and All The Pain is good for me. I was very pissed when I heard Call My Name but today I found myself humming the chorus. Good album. I'm sure my friends from Anders Manlove Crew enjoying the album, right @DE4life ?

It's still a far cry from their best work, and for me even quite far away from the standards set on SOAPF, but overall the album is tolerable and parts of it are definitely going in the right direction compared to SC/Battles. Next step is for them to ditch Benson, avoid recording in Germany, and make an album with more songs like ITM, IAA and Burn, and less songs like (Incorrect Use of Brackets) House and In This Life.

Whoever skips The Hive is insane. This is one I really don’t get. If you say “I don’t like classic IF” or “I don’t like Whoracle” then OK. But to specifically not like The Hive is deranged while liking other songs on the album. The whole song is a perfect encapsulation of classic IF.

When I listen to that 1 minute solo I don’t even think of it as a solo. It’s like someone is talking and singing to me. Bjorns solos are these days like a couple words. The Hive solo is like a page or even a chapter in a book. It flows so well.

Last edited:
Whoever skips The Hive is insane. This is one I really don’t get. If you say “I don’t like classic IF” or “I don’t like Whoracle” then OK. But to specifically not like The Hive is deranged while liking other songs on the album. The whole song is a perfect encapsulation of classic IF.

When I listen to that 1 minute solo I don’t even think of it as a solo. It’s like someone is talking and singing to me. Bjorns solos are these days like a couple words. The Hive solo is like a page or even a chapter in a book. It flows so well.

I think whoracle is their best album

1. Bjorn said the obvious: House is a rearranged leftover from Battles.
2. It looks like he wrote the main theme of OFTW and not Jesper.

He said that House fits in the record. Lol.

The oftw thing it's only an anecdote. That's the way they did things back then. Sometimes Bjorn came with the main riffs. Other times Jesper. Then they workwd together on it. Though much people doesn't know the vocal lines from tcp verses were written by Jesper.

Last edited:
I mean, The Hive is good. It’s the “Scorn” of Whoracle. It’s a classic standard IF song. But I think that’s the reason I skip it so often — I usually want something a little more interesting. So I’ll listen to “Food for the Gods” or “Morphing Into Primal” or “Jotun” instead.

Also, saving House for this album probably did the song a favor by giving it much better production than it would have gotten on Battles. I still think ITM has the best production since Come Clarity. Darker Times came on shuffle this morning and that Roberto Laghi drum sound sent shivers down my spine.

He said that House fits in the record. Lol.

The oftw thing it's only an anecdote. That's the way they did things back then. Sometimes Bjorn came with the main riffs. Other times Jesper. Then they workwd together on it. Though much people doesn't know the vocal lines from tcp verses were written by Jesper.
Are you talking about TCP as in The Chosen Pessimist? I know that Anders worked with Jesper on that song, or rather, Jesper wrote that song pretty much, didn't know he wrote the vocal lines though. I remember it from the ASOP diaries, or a Jesterhead behind the scenes extra clip back during ASOP recordings, Anders said he talked with Jesper about writing a longer different song or something like that, I don't even think Björn was involved whatsoever on that one. Where'd you hear Jesper helped/wrote Anders vocal lines as well?
I think whoracle is their best album
Very true

Last edited: