IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Within Temptation is one band I've never gotten into.

03. Raise Your Banner (feat. Anders Fridén)

I assume Anders will be screaming on this, even though nowadays he's a mostly clean vocalist.

Reactions: Ilias7
Fuck. Look how the crowd cannot contain its excitation. Now I get why they keep on playing songs like this and not the old ones
The dude’s face at 0:58 says it all.
Seriously though, The Truth is one of the best songs off of Battles.

There is no way they will ever return to their old sound and everyone should come to terms with that.
Wrong. In about 5 years a few young bands will start playing this sound again. It will be billed as Gothenburg revival. In Flames will jump back on the bandwagon and try to cash in, but they will do it after the peak has already passed. I’m calling ~2025. Jesper will rejoin the band as well.

Wrong. In about 5 years a few young bands will start playing this sound again. It will be billed as Gothenburg revival. In Flames will jump back on the bandwagon and try to cash in, but they will do it after the peak has already passed. I’m calling ~2025. Jesper will rejoin the band as well.

Imagine what it would sound like if Jesper didn't re-join and Anders & Bjorn tried to redo a TJR style album? I don't even want to think about it. A whole album of shit like Everything's Gone and When the World Explodes. No thank you.

Seriously though I'd be really surprised if Jesper went back to In Flames whilst Anders is still there. I think there's some real animosity between them as far as working together is concerned. I'm sure he could work with Bjorn again but it'd need to be with another vocalist. Just create a new band with Jesper, Bjorn, Peter and Daniel. Find a decent melodeath vocalist who sounds similar to Anders, write some awesome lyrics and it's all set. Maybe invite Anders to do guest vocals on a couple of songs, but no cleans.

The dude’s face at 0:58 says it all.
Seriously though, The Truth is one of the best songs off of Battles.

Oddly enough I agree, although that really isn't saying much. I don't mind listening to a lot of the songs on Battles but they're just so shallow. One listen and I'm done for a few months. Still better than Siren Charms, but again, it isn't saying much. I'd listen to any other album of theirs (except ASOP) any day.

The Truth is fine. It's something I would've expected out of Passenger, had that project continued beyond its debut album. Love that guitar tone in the verses. Very 80s rock, which I have a soft spot for. Hard pass on the backing vocals, though. Anders sounds good, too — I let the autotune slide on this one.

The problem with The Truth is that it's an inferior rehash of Filtered Truth off of Siren Charms, which is a fucking excellent song. But, considering how SC was received, and how many people probably didn't make it to Filtered Truth before bailing, they probably decided to repackage that sound into The Truth so it could get proper exposure. Maybe they got more than they bargained for.

In fifty years SC will be the cult classic it deserves to be, but I will be dead and unable to reap the vindication. Fuck me, I want off this earth.

Reactions: ciko_gfb
The truth is a lame attempt to create a radio hit. But it fails in almost everything.

The Truth is harmless pop candy. It's not offensive to me. I'd listen to the truth over garbage like Bottled, TCP, Everything's Gone, etc, any day. At least with The Truth it sounds like they put some effort into it. Probably because that's the music Anders really wants to do these days.

I don't see the effort in that song. And, for what I've seen, it sounds pretty boring live.

Guitar work in The Truth is sadly some of the most inspired of the last two albums. For brief moments during the song it actually sounds like proper In Flames. You can tell from the energy & vocals that they were into the song, even if it's just hollow pop bullshit. Anders loves that stuff.