IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Seems like he left everything he had on SOAPF unfortunately, as SC/Battles was a dire period of either shitty riffs or recycled riffs, with the odd exception here or there. ITM is the first time since 2011 that he's actually recorded some consistently decent guitarwork.

Itm is better than its predecessors just by tbe guitar work. Anders also does it better.

ITM is a definite improvement across the board in terms of instruments. Drums still a bit lazy but guitarwork and vocals are more what modern IF are capable of. Still nowhere near where they were before ASOP but I don't think they will ever be at that level again. If they are able to put out albums on a similar quality level as SOAPF going forward then that is good enough for me, although knowing IF their next album will be shit again.

Last edited:
Just being able to put albums like ITM would be good enough seeing their current standards.

They'll probably announce Siren Charms II for a 2021 release. Slave and Ciko will literally explode with joy. The rest of us will cry.

But sc wss a ballad or whatever followed by a nonsense explanation about how great it was.

Even though is an album without a soul. But its feelings are so deep that it's not for regular people to understand.

If they keep on releasing albums with six or more listenable songs then I will be more than hsppy.

ITM is better than several albums before SOAPF (post Clayman) as well. ASOP and STYE are two that ITM eclipses. Gets close to some of the others.

In the words of a president, IF is winning. Hopefully they will keep winning with the next album and not get lazy by going to some trendy Berlin studio with no ideas.

If they do that again they should think outside the box. Legendary Kyrgyzstani studio. Legendary Cuban studio known for exporting all “Latin music” behind the iron curtain.

Not, legendary studio known for recording some of the blandest rock music that drove us to metal in the first place.

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but I'd be very interested to see IF record their next album with Devin Townsend. For those of you who don't know about him, Devin Townsend is essentially metal's answer to Frank Zappa. He also produced Darkest Hour's Deliver Us record, which is one of the best releases that band has put out.

It's a pipe dream of mine, for sure, but I think it could be really interesting to see what the end result of him, Anders, and Bjorn collaborating would be. At the very least it would be better produced than the last 3 or 4 albums.

Also, assuming that, at this point, Niclas is out and they bring on Chris Broderick as his replacement, please for the love of god let that man write some leads and solos.

Nah. Next album will probably be entirely written by Howard Benson. Since He's a generous person he'll allow them to appear in the songwritting credits.

Also, assuming that, at this point, Niclas is out and they bring on Chris Broderick as his replacement, please for the love of god let that man write some leads and solos.
Do we know he is out? That would be pretty crazy if so. Definitely would revive the band to Guitar Hero status.

Do we know he is out? That would be pretty crazy if so. Definitely would revive the band to Guitar Hero status.

I'm just speculating here, but I'm fairly confident that Niclas is on his way out. He's been gone for almost an entire year at this point, and said he wasn't returning to the band "anytime soon." I don't really see Anders and Bjorn losing sleep about it either, not like Niclas contributed anything of substance besides Wallflower. Besides, they have Broderick helping them out now, why would they want to downgrade at this point when they've been at the top of their game with these live shows?

Besides, they have Broderick helping them out now, why would they want to downgrade at this point when they've been at the top of their game with these live shows?
If Bjorn feels threatened that is one reason. That would also be another reason to not let him write, if Bjorn can’t maintain it himself later.

If I were Bjorn I would just go all in and invite Chris to reinvigorate the band on the next album.

Because it's an obscure song from 17 years ago I guess. There are a lot of songs like that. Even from Reroute you rarely hear them play Egonomic, Dawn of a New Day, Minus , Dark Signs or Dismiss the Cynic.

Also you have to remember Anders and Bjorn are self-admittedly lazy. They aren't going to re-learn older songs they haven't played much before. That's why they played The Hive on repeat for about 10 years rather than anything else off Whoracle.