IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

I think she was talking how tall they are, not the size of their... their things. But I see they're average then.

Saw these guys live tonight. Third time seeing them. Quick takes:

Anders and Bjorn look like they’re ready to retire. Guys seem old.

Anders was funny but his performance was poor and phoned in. He let the audience sing the majority of his lines and often stopped halfway through a line for whatever reason.

Bjorn’s playing was the best I’ve seen. No mistakes whatsoever and some really cool improv on Colony and Monsters in the Ballroom.

Chris is a fantastic guitarist and his synergy with Bjorn is a thing to behold. I would say they play together live as well as Bjorn and Jesper ever did. His lead parts on Wallflower were unbelievable. If Niclas wasn’t Vintage Gothenburg I would have no problem with Chris replacing him.

Bryce was there.

Tanner had some cool fills on their older stuff, but damn. He actually fucked up quite a few times. He goofed bad on the second verse of “I Am Above” and it almost derailed the song.

BEHIND SPAAAACE

GOD’S ARCHAIC GRAVELAAAAND

Voices doesn’t sound as good live as it does on the album

Seeing Colony live was great.

Weakest IF show I’ve seen on the whole, but I’d still see them again.

Oh, the opening acts. Arrival of Autumn weren’t bad, but they seemed like jackasses at the merch booth. Red was a joke. Fakest band I’ve ever seen live. I noticed the singer was lip-syncing.

Anders was awesome when I saw them - I guess I was lucky it was right at the start of the tour. From what you're saying he either had a bad night or his voice is already fucked. Looks like a cool set although they're doing their usual lazy bullshit of only playing the older songs they've played a million times before (Graveland and The Hive, come on guys). Cool to see Behind Space back in the setlist though.

It's a really different setlist compared to what they were doing over here.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2019/the-waterfront-norwich-england-7b93d2b0.html

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/in-flames/2019/theatre-corona-montreal-qc-canada-b9a715a.html

I think you guys are getting a better set than us, although if Anders' voice now sounds like shit again that kind of negates it.

Well about Graveland I wouldn't call it lazy adding it to setlist de4life, I think last time they played it was when I saw them in 2008, so that's more than 11 years since they played it to be fair.

It's been played way more than any other TJR song post-2002 - except possibly Moonshield. I don't even understand why. It's alright but there are plenty of other better songs on TJR. I'm guessing they play it because it's one of the simpler songs on the record... which is, again, laziness.

Saw these guys live tonight. Third time seeing them. Quick takes:

Anders and Bjorn look like they’re ready to retire. Guys seem old.

Anders was funny but his performance was poor and phoned in. He let the audience sing the majority of his lines and often stopped halfway through a line for whatever reason.

Fuck, that made me sad cause I've never got any chance to see them live.

Fuck, that made me sad cause I've never got any chance to see them live.

They were still good when I saw them tbf. Might just be the length of the tours are starting to get to them a bit as they get older.

Well I dunno if I agree with lazy but I wouldn't be opposed to hearing December Flower, Lord Hypnos or Dead Eternity...December Flower obviously isn't happening, but Dead Eternity would be so sick. And I know it's one of Anders favorite songs as well, since it was the first song he did vocals to with IF I think.

Reactions: ThePhobiac
If they played December Flower it'd be without the solo, which is a huge part of the song. Lord Hypnos and Dead Eternity would be awesome, but I get the feeling unfortunately we will never hear Lord Hypnos live. I don't think they even played it in the 90s?

Yeah Lord Hypnos has never been played live. December Flower only a few times on that eu/german tour in 1996 I think, and without the solo.

Is Lord Hypnos the only (non-instrumental) song that has never been played off TJR? Moonshield, Artifacts, Graveland, Dead Eternity, The Jester Race and Dead God in Me (as part of a medley at least) all have been at some point.

Hearing Lord Hypnos live would be pretty sweet, or an updated version of Dead Eternity. What I would be most ecstatic about would be for them to play Dead God In Me in full.

With Graveland's inclusion, I think this might be the first IF setlist in a really long time where all of the Pre-R2R albums have some representation. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come for future setlists.