IN FLAMES new album being released on 1st March, 2019

Ayy, that's cool! Didn't you feel the need to introduce yourselves? Obviously concentrating on your relationship with the band, and how you got into it, what do you think about the shift in their music, your opinion on their live shows and indirectly mentioning your feelings about Anders' live vocal performances and so on.

Well, I've stated my relationship with the band through various comments on the past two years, but to sum things up:

In Flames is definitely my favourite band and the reason I play the guitar, alongside with Metallica. I've been listening to them since CC and Take This Life, the song that got me into screaming. I enjoy in different way everything they 've released from TJR to Battles (with an exception of a few songs). I respect a band that's evolving musically and I'm happy that I have a wide variety of songs from my favourite band to choose from depending on my mood. My only objections is with some of their latest decisions, like recording in LA with Howard Benson, allowing him to involve too much, hiring the American dudes ( nothing wrong with them personally, they just don't seem to fit in or help the band evolve the right way).

Anders is way too far from the perfect vocalist but he has a distinctive voice which is somehow pleasant to my ears. I can't think of IF with another vocalist and I admire him and Bjorn for what they've done for the band, especially after Jesper's departure. His screams and growls are on point live, I can't say the same about his cleans though.

I own most of their albums, I haven't seen them live but it's on my list. Probably I will have to travel abroad because I don't see them visiting Greece any time soon.

Last edited:
My only complaint I really express when it came to battles is how redundant the lyrics are. With the older albums, the lyrics were so immersive and interesting. With battles it felt like something two children on a seesaw were listening to at times.

I know your real name and that of two other members here but I won't say shit. Cpiko posting here my real name was rude and unnecessary. This is why the board is anonimous.

I'm not really sure when and how this is happened and I didn't even remember your name until Slave wrote it today. Can't argue if I dont even remember the issue but sorry if you were offended. Well if its going to make you feel good, my name is Uğur and I can send you my facebook profile from DM if you want :D

Edit: also, if ciko found me, he is a real monkey for not messaging me :D :D when I found you on Facebook and your amazing real name I didn't hesitate!

Haha I think its really small chance to find someone at Facebook like that and I dont remember the issue that eochaid talked about, but if you find me make sure to message instantly! :D

Also its awesome that new people still joining here to discuss. I dont think any other forum here is that alive.

I own most of their albums, I haven't seen them live but it's on my list. Probably I will have to travel abroad because I don't see them visiting Greece any time soon.

I missed IF concert 2 time when they come to Turkey, but if they come here again make sure to travel here neighbor. :D

Reactions: Ilias7
Can't argue if I dont even remember the issue but sorry if you were offended. Well if its going to make you feel good, my name is Uğur and I can send you my

I must apologize to you. It wasn't you but another member called shadow. So there they go... My deepest apologies. I'm very sorry about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: ciko_gfb
Also, also also we have a few new members, which is cool! Not sure where they crawled here from, maybe it's only now they got to listen to Siren Charms. You can delay listening to the best record ever produced, but you can't escape it.

I mean, Siren Charms is one of my favorite IF records, full-stop. Was listening to "The Chase" on my way out of work today and that song still blows me away (that fucking outro!). I'd have a hard time arguing that the album is objectively not shit, but I fucking love it, and that's ultimately what matters most at the end of the day. But it's definitely not well-produced. I get what you mean, though.

But it's strange to hear opinions like @ThePhobiac's, who says LS and Battles sucks, but TJR and Siren Charms are good. But these kind of things give you your first impression of someone, and you label them with some notes if you see them comment in the future and try to evaluate their comments accordingly, basically embodying them with a personality you associate them with. I highlighted his opinion, because it was refreshing to read this combination of liked and disliked records, as I'm pretty sure he is unique with these these evaluations of said records.

So yeah, it's always nice to hear some fresh takes in IF's music, because we were starting to become easily automated, as we just cycled the same opinions over and over again.

It's always good to get fresh takes. Everyone will come at In Flames from different backgrounds and contexts — it's the same for all music. My brother and I once knew this guy from Norway who claimed that Lunar Strain was IF's only good album, that TJR was their sell-out pop record. I thought they sold out with Battles, but I like the guys enough to give them a chance to course-correct. For every fan that throws their hands up and leaves, another takes their place.

Too many people get caught up in the arguing and negativity, although let's face it, talking shit about things we don't like anymore can be pretty fun. Not to say I hate In Flames, of course. They're on my shit list for Battles — which isn't even a bad record, just really mediocre — but I can't stay mad at these guys forever.

If you find yourself getting frustrated with what people online are saying about something you like, the best thing is to just log off and enjoy that thing. Life's too short. We'll all be skeletons three hundred years from now anyway.

EDIT: Hey, does In Flames have a keyboardist now? Pretty cool if they do. Get some of that sick synth in there, dudes. Depeche it up. Or record the IF version of Projector. Make my dreams come true.

Speaking of which, really loved that Down, Wicked, and No Good EP they put out last year. "It's No Good" is fucking tight. If I'd heard that when I was first getting into IF in 2004, my head would've exploded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jester Slave
My only complaint I really express when it came to battles is how redundant the lyrics are. With the older albums, the lyrics were so immersive and interesting. With battles it felt like something two children on a seesaw were listening to at times.

Well, half the songs were about Anders' midlife crisis. According to the small interview we have, the new album will explore different themes and that's a good thing.

I missed IF concert 2 time when they come to Turkey, but if they come here again make sure to travel here neighbor. :D

I sure will! :D I've been to Turkey before, it was lovely.

EDIT: Hey, does In Flames have a keyboardist now? Pretty cool if they do. Get some of that sick synth in there, dudes. Depeche it up. Or record the IF version of Projector. Make my dreams come true.

Speaking of which, really loved that Down, Wicked, and No Good EP they put out last year. "It's No Good" is fucking tight. If I'd heard that when I was first getting into IF in 2004, my head would've exploded.

They have a guy named Niels Nielsen just for the live shows. I'm not a big fan of this EP to be honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: ciko_gfb
I must apologize to you. It wasn't you but another member called shadow. So there they go... My deepest apologies. I'm very sorry about that.

No problem mate, I was surprised when you mentioned the issue on the other page. I'm glad that my name is off the list :D

Most of the people here didn't like the EP but I'm with you, I like it. "It's No Good" and "Down in a Hole" are awesome, I specially love the pianos at "Down in a Hole". I think it took the song to another level, it feels darker.

Someone should deff try to download the IF Wacken 2018 stream off magenta musik ; ) still not working for me on their site or some reason

Seeing IF open for Breaking Benjamin and FFDP in December lol I guess the UK tour they did with FFDP went well before right?

People in USA who see these bands will probably not know who IF are mostly as Breaking Benjamin and FFDP (especially) are like douche bands

Though Breaking Benjamin has had some decent music...

Thx. Weird that all the other streams work fine for me but not In Flames haha

Ghost also killed it at Wacken but I guess wasn't streamed. Had an awesome time.

Of course. I forgot to say from colony onwards.

Sorry, I may be a bit retarded as I'm not sure whether I got that. :p

So you're saying that by the time of STYE or CC, Anders said he used to have a translator for every album since he started writing lyrics, from Colony onwards. "Every album" sounds like three or more (two would've been "both") and "used to have" suggests that he didn't have any more help with lyrics on the album that was newest at the time of the interview in question (be it either STYE or CC.) So does this mean he used a translator on Colony, Clayman, RTR (and possibly STYE)? If so, this is completely new to me. I always thought Anders has been on his own since Clayman as far as lyrics go, with the exception of his wife co-writing some on RTR.

Being on your own is compatible with having a translator. The lyrics are still his own lyrics. No matter the language that he used to write them.

The lyrics on the older albums are pretty intense, they changed a lot after Colony but were still mostly good up until SC (ASOP excluded, that album was fucking atrocious lyrically). Battles was just pathetic. I do hold Anders to a high standard as far as lyrics go, but that's only because he used to write such awesome stuff. If it had always been shit like Bodom I wouldn't care.

Most of the people here didn't like the EP but I'm with you, I like it. "It's No Good" and "Down in a Hole" are awesome, I specially love the pianos at "Down in a Hole". I think it took the song to another level, it feels darker.

I personally found the EP terrible, but it doesn't matter. It was basically just a vanity project so I didn't take it seriously.

Sorry, I may be a bit retarded as I'm not sure whether I got that. :p

So you're saying that by the time of STYE or CC, Anders said he used to have a translator for every album since he started writing lyrics, from Colony onwards. "Every album" sounds like three or more (two would've been "both") and "used to have" suggests that he didn't have any more help with lyrics on the album that was newest at the time of the interview in question (be it either STYE or CC.) So does this mean he used a translator on Colony, Clayman, RTR (and possibly STYE)? If so, this is completely new to me. I always thought Anders has been on his own since Clayman as far as lyrics go, with the exception of his wife co-writing some on RTR.

I think it's generally accepted that on TJR/Whoracle Anders had concepts which were put into lyrical form by Niklas Sundin (you can see the similarities between the lyrics Sundin wrote for DT and the stuff on TJR/Whoracle), on Colony Anders wrote the vast majority of the lyrics himself but had Sundin translate into English. From Clayman onwards it was Anders by himself, and you can kind of see that as there's a bit of a grammatical downgrade from Colony to Clayman. Nothing major, but for a native English speaker at least it is noticeable.

I think it was during that time because I was also surprised. I searched some interviews and i still found nothing. I sbould check the dvds to see if i find it.or maybr I'll pass.but that's the kind of things thati use to remember.

It cannot be prior to 2002 because:

I had no internet connection.
I had not bought any magazines with them being interviewed. So it should be as earlier as 2002 with a range of 4 to six years. But I'm sure that krofius knows more and I can be wrong.

Now, i don't know why it sounds that surprising. I think that almost anyine with a lack of confidence on its english would search for someone who, at least, would edit his lyrics if not making a full translation. I think that's the right way to go.

The summer tour is over. Hopefully, some info for the new album and the first single will drop soon. I think that the end was released 2 years ago on this day or the day before and then the truth some hours later.

I bet for a november release of the album.
I've been trying to compare the time schedules of Battles and the new album:
They started recording Battles in the middle of February 2016, they were done by the first days of April, the first single was released on August 25 and the album on November 11.
They started recording the new album in the end of March 2018 and they were done on May 26 ( at least that's when Howard Benson got into studio with another band ).
In conclusion, they recorded both albums in about two months and they are more than a month behind with the new one as they entered the studio later. Possibly, this means the first single will also drop later than The End and the album will be released sometime in December. However, they have announced an American tour in November and they would probably want to go there with the new album out, so they might rush things a bit up. We'll just have to wait and see.

Or a couple of singles to add to the shows and see the reaction of the people. November or december is a good time, but I suppose that it will depend on the record label's schedule.

Last edited:
I believe TJR and Whoracle were all Sundin, lyric-wise. On Colony Anders wrote some of them directly in English, and some were translated from Swedish by Sundin. Then on Clayman Anders wrote everything on his own for the first time.

I believe I have posted this already in some thread long time ago but I asked Niclas personally and he said TJR was all him, Whoracle was all him but Episode 666 where it was some sort of a translation of some verses Anders wrote in Swedish, and on Colony he helped Anders translate 4-5 songs but he didn't remember which ones. So it's only from Clayman onwards it's Anders alone.

Also the album should most definitely be released in November. Logically it should coincide with the tour. Seeing as it's September soon, Artwork and Track Listing should be released very soon, along with a single sometime in September as well, at least this is my highly qualified guess.