In search for a Jackson RR24 blk/w yellow bevels

FAITHKILLER

MorningStar
Jul 27, 2010
Iran
Hey guys.

I have an opportunity to get a guitar from overseas and lately I've tried couple of different guitars and RR24 was the best among them.

but since the prices are real crazy I've decided to buy from overseas.

if anyone is interested in selling his blk/ylw RR24 please post here.

there are basically three ways for me.

if you're in US then I have someone in US who will buy the ax for me and send it to me.

if you're in Europe and you can ship overseas then I have someone in UAE who can make the payment on my behalf

and if you're in UK then I have also someone else in UK who can buy the guitar for me.

Ebay account is required.

My budget is around 700-750 Euros.

thanks guys :)

try searching the classifields/craiglist in US, one or another might pop up, you won't find many on ebay that's for sure. And since they are discontinued and all it's kind of though luck. White ones whit black bevels and black one whit red bevels are more common, both here, on ebay or where the fuck you search for instruments these days.

Dude I've searched the hell out of World Wounding Web but no luck. I am not unluckier than you imagine, I'm unluckier than you CAN imagine :lol:

the real irony is that during lat 5-6 months I saw 2-3 blk/ylw RR24s and more than 10 blk/red ones but I didn't have the money

but now that I have the money they all have disappeared.

So posting here was my last hope!

by the way there is a black J2SP for sale but I'm not really a big fan of gold hardware!

There are some J2SP's on sale from time to time, but not the Laiho copy one, other than that RR24 LTD's are just as rare. It's easier to just custom order a guitar, but that would cost you about $3500 plus shipping and taxes :p

There are some J2SP's on sale from time to time, but not the Laiho copy one, other than that RR24 LTD's are just as rare. It's easier to just custom order a guitar, but that would cost you about $3500 plus shipping and taxes :p

yeah the ideal situation would be getting the custom shop guitar but

the thing that is not ideal is the economical condition of my fucked up country.

6 months ago the money I have now was equal to 1900$ and we went under fuck knows what and our money lost it's value so much and now my money is equal to 900$!!

I could really save for a custom Jackson but I don't even now what the fuck is going to happen next.

if I wait another six months I think I can get a Jackson RRXMG at best!

even breathing is getting difficult here!

I hope I find one! hope may be an act of self-deception but that's all you have when all the reality is dying on you!

this is the picture of the J2SP I received from Ishibashi.

i366160_1.jpg
[/IMG]

looks worn out a little bit and I don't think I'm interested in this particular one.

if anyone is interested just he can buy it before somebody else comes and gets it ;)

Why not, this guitar beats the living crap out of the RR24 when it comes to craftsmanship, the neck is a lot better (if it's even possible). J2 is a neck through version of RR2, hence the 24 frets and it's a special edition (SP) version i.e it's custom shopped in Japan. There are very few models of the sp, only seen 6 different variations in finish, but I think there is about 10 different finishes. And besides, all you need to do is paint some yellow bevels on it with masking-tape, and sand the bevels a bit with wet-sandpaper 2000 (extra fine) and then put clear coat polish on it and you'd have just as good bevels as on the RR24. You'd have to get a RR1 or custom shop to get a better Jackson Rhoads. Wouldn't hesitate at all!

this is the picture of the J2SP I received from Ishibashi.

i366160_1.jpg
[/IMG]

looks worn out a little bit and I don't think I'm interested in this particular one.

if anyone is interested just he can buy it before somebody else comes and gets it ;)

Why not, this guitar beats the living crap out of the RR24 when it comes to craftsmanship, the neck is a lot better (if it's even possible). J2 is a neck through version of RR2, hence the 24 frets and it's a special edition (SP) version i.e it's custom shopped in Japan. There are very few models of the sp, only seen 6 different variations in finish, but I think there is about 10 different finishes. And besides, all you need to do is paint some yellow bevels on it with masking-tape, and sand the bevels a bit with wet-sandpaper 2000 (extra fine) and then put clear coat polish on it and you'd have just as good bevels as on the RR24. You'd have to get a RR1 or custom shop to get a better Jackson Rhoads. Wouldn't hesitate at all!

many thanks dude for your advices.so the bevels are not any issue ( I'm no good at technical stuff but I do know someone who is a guitar builder around me and I think he can do it for me.

but the main problem here is the physical condition of the body.

this is the description of the guitar they gave me

Some used appearance as scratches, dents and finish chips could be seen.
edge of the body, there are some dents, a few of them with finish chips.
On the top, there are some scratches and tiny dents.
On the back, there are some buckle wear scratches.
On the head stock, there are a few dents and finish chips.
Hardware parts are dull.
Neck condition is good.
Fretwear coudl be seen, approx.70% remains.
Working condition is good.
It comes with soft case, arm bar.
Serial number is 051997, might be 2005 model.

do you still think this guitar worth spending around 800$

Only issue is the fretwear...that's going to need replacement sooner or later and is probably a 300 bucks job at least... Softcase....NO WAY, they better find a better way to transport it than in a soft case, the guitar would arrive broken in all places :p Yeah that's a 2005 model. I have a Jackson Stars J2K from 2005, about the same except a "Kahler" tremolo and it's frontloaded :) Killer guitar, but the frets do wear fast on the Jackson Star models....

BTW, I would demand pictures of the chips...otherwise it might be worth it if they ship it with a hard steel case :p

if you'll dont buy it, i'll do :D

it's either you or me who is going to get it :D I'd be happy in both cases mate ;)

Only issue is the fretwear...that's going to need replacement sooner or later and is probably a 300 bucks job at least... Softcase....NO WAY, they better find a better way to transport it than in a soft case, the guitar would arrive broken in all places :p Yeah that's a 2005 model. I have a Jackson Stars J2K from 2005, about the same except a "Kahler" tremolo and it's frontloaded :) Killer guitar, but the frets do wear fast on the Jackson Star models....

BTW, I would demand pictures of the chips...otherwise it might be worth it if they ship it with a hard steel case :p

yeah the thing that worried me the most is the fretwear. and also changing the floyd may cost me some hundred bucks.
I don't really give a crap about dents but these two negatives are really making the guitar out of ideal situation!

here are the rest of pictures they sent me:

i366588_2.jpg
i366589_3.jpg
i366590_4.jpg

i366591_5.jpg
i366592_6.jpg

i366602_7.jpg
i366603_8.jpg
i366604_9.jpg

i366605_10.jpg

Can't see any chips or fretwear on those pictures, looks quite clean except a dink or two. And by the way, you cant't change that floyd to anything except schaller floyd rose (the one thats already in there). Original floyd rose doesn't fit the routing, so it wont work without cutting away an inch of wood...

Can't see any chips or fretwear on those pictures, looks quite clean except a dink or two. And by the way, you cant't change that floyd to anything except schaller floyd rose (the one thats already in there). Original floyd rose doesn't fit the routing, so it wont work without cutting away an inch of wood...
these are all the photos they sent me +the infos i posted above.

thanks for the tip mate ;) how about the opposite? is it possible to put a Schaller floyd on RR24?

overally do you recommend this guitar now?

Yes, you could, but not on a ESP (mine at least), because it's routed perfectly to an original floyd rose, but the RR24 has more gap. The mainplate of the Schaller is a bit bigger, but what the main issue with the schaller is that the string locking screws on the schaller is a lot shorter than the floyd rose, about 2 inches shorter. Therefore the routing of the schaller is 2 inches shorter than the routing of a Original Floyd Rose on Jackson guitars at least. So If you put an OFR in a Schaller routing the locking screws are 2 inches to long to be fitted, and will therefor hit the guitar body if you try to pull it upwards, and it might ruin your finish. If you push the saddles in towards the neck, you can fit them, but you'll ruin your intonation, and you can't play shit.

Well the Schaller Floyd Rose is the next best thing to a Original Floyd Rose (some say Gotoh licenced, but that's crap) because Schaller used to make OFR and still do to some degree, the differences I've already noted, but he mainplate in the schaller one is also made of a lighter steel, the new schaller floyd roses has hardened steel around the screw holes to prevent damage, the old ones didn't (jt-590 and such). Other than that they're just the same basically...

If the frets and chips aren't that bad, you won't get a better Jackson for under $1000 dollar, well RR professionals from 1990-1995 are better, Grover Jackson's could be equal as the J2SP in some models as well and of course if you score a good RR1 for under $1000 you did well :D RR Elite (new japanese series) could be equal as well, but haven't tested those..

RR24 vs J2SP: J2SP wins hands down!
Better craftsmanship, better finish (RR24 has a lot off finish issues, and I speak for my copy as well), better floyd rose, since the RR24 comes with the 1000 series japan (or korea, can't remember) made OFR, binding around fretboard (I know RR24 LTD has it, but yeah, not the regular ones). MOP inlays instead of MOTO, and J2SP has gold hardware on all versions I've seen :D

WOW that was utterly helpful mate ;) thanks ;)

I really believe you when you say that JS2P is better that RR24 and it does make sense! No wonder I hear all good stuff from Jackson Stars series.

but I want to get an axe in mint condition so that I won't have difficulties with it next year or something like that!

and it seems that the J2SP we talked about is gone since it's not available on U-box anymore.

this was I think the 3rd J2SP I've seen during the last couple of months.

I think the best for me would be to stick to this crappy Aria I have till I find another J2SP in better condition or till I find a RR24 (and upgrade it with better hardware)

by the way I've heard that Gold hardware is not good because it tarnishes fast! is there any truth to that?

There is one j2sp on digimart.net but it's on hold for somebody, but if you have a friend in japan who could call, you might get it.
They don't respond on email :-(

The j2sp is on ebay for 1000 bin. And a yellow beveled Rr24 ltd currently at 950 in bidding

There is one j2sp on digimart.net but it's on hold for somebody, but if you have a friend in japan who could call, you might get it.
They don't respond on email :-(
that's too bad :( the only way I could contact them is by Email!

I have no friends in Japan unfortunately!

The j2sp is on ebay for 1000 bin. And a yellow beveled Rr24 ltd currently at 950 in bidding

WOW! this prices are really high!

that's too bad :( the only way I could contact them is by Email!

I have no friends in Japan unfortunately!

WOW! this prices are really high!

Yeah, perhaps they sold it and just ignores emails about it.

The prices are quite high really, you could get a used RR1 or RR PRO for that price and those guitars althought 22 frets are better quality than both RR24 and J2SP.

Yeah, perhaps they sold it and just ignores emails about it.

The prices are quite high really, you could get a used RR1 or RR PRO for that price and those guitars althought 22 frets are better quality than both RR24 and J2SP.

yeah exactly! I think I made a mistake while calculating the price for J2SP!

I could get a RR1 for some more bucks!!