in what situation/mood is dt's music most powerful?

Then I play, Projector. I played Freecard, then jumped a few tracks and went to Auctioned. I put the lyrics form darklyrics.com (like +20 amplified becauswe he couldn't see them hehe :p ), and well, he started crying.

I was with the love of my life, Mrs.Gigi, at that time, we both saw him and went like "Holy s#^&^& o_O awwww."

And well he denied it, but I definetly saw his eyes getting watered and all, he didn't actually cried but we could see that he was kind of, sad, you know? Basically the feeling of melancholy you get when you hear Projector.

That's how powerful DT is. It is able to appeal to my grandpa (who didn't listen to anything but classical music), and it isable to stir emotions that were hidden deep within him.

That's how powerful they are.

Impressive. Truly impressive.

I love hearing stories like that about DT. Half the times I'll play them for someone, and I'll start out with something like The Mind's I, or something more accessible (depending on the person) like Haven. Invariably, though, they can't get the real picture of DT without listening to all of their work. Sure, people might appreciate a single song, and everyone has their preferences as to which songs affect them the most, but the most powerful aspect of DT, I find, is the spectrum their songs cover. It really almost is as if there was a song for everyone.

~kov.

I used to travel distances quite often when Damage came out. I remember those surreal sites traveling from New York back and forth... so DD went quite well with that, very atmospheric it was indeed.

I listen to dt when I work and work out - it's much fun to run listening to faster songs, you "fall" into the rhythm (without falling off the treadmill), and staying that way... helps! I mean... you don't know what I mean, do you? :lol:

...or having sex (what's that again?)

You are a fucking doctor, come on ;) Think of a... reproductive function, right? So - that's what can be happening prior to, you know :saint:

That's how powerful DT is. It is able to appeal to my grandpa (who didn't listen to anything but classical music), and it isable to stir emotions that were hidden deep within him.

That's how powerful they are.

i managed to make my brother like a few of their songs (Lethe, No One, Insanity's Crescendo) although he hates death/black metal because of the vocal style and the blast beats... But that story with your granpa is even more impressive :)

^ Yeah it is truly impressive, I like to think about him, or what happened when I played DT to him, nowadays since he has passed away. I will always remeber that day for the rest of my life.

Also, I rember one time I was really happy and I was with my mom in the car, and I played some DT to her.

She hated the death-like parts. Then I played Undo Control (I think, not sure it was of the konzert in Exposures), and she said:

"Now that's lovely!"

So I totally agree with what you said Kov, in that there's a DT song for everyone. It is a fact.

So I'll go add it to the 1000+ things ye've noticed of DT :p .