Incantation vs Immolation

Incantation vs Immolation

• Incantation

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Immolation

Votes: 36 60.0%

• Total voters
"immolation has a lot of medicore albums" again dude, you live in your own little bubble. Reality awaits.

Btw Kingdom of Conspiracy is better than everything Incantation has done since the early 2000's
It's up to you. Your taste ≠ facts.

KoC is probably as terrible as Harnessing Ruin, if not even worse. Plastic sound, robotic drum performance, mediocre songwriting, you name it, but it's your time that you waste on it.

I don't think I could choose one over the other but if I had to pick based solely on 2010 albums I'd go with Incantation (it's very close though). The first 5 albums by both bands are mindblowingly good. But at the same time, my favourite Incantation album (Diabolical Conquest) isn't quite as good as my favourite Immolation album (Here in After).

they're both two of the most consistently good death metal bands of all time. But if you're going to say that one of them actually has a string of weaker albums then there's no way Immolation loses here. The last few Incantation album have been somewhat better than average and are far from being on the level of what Immolation has been doing in recent years. Even Incantation fans dont really get pumped for their new releases anymore. They've pretty much been on auto-pilot for years now. Absolutely nothing that stands out and almost no reason to listen to any of it when you can just pop in one of their old albums and listen to far superior music that they are basically trying to regurgitate without any new ideas or anything.

And as far as Kingdom of Conspiracy goes, not only is it better than the last few Incantation albums ... but the album that came before it shits on just about everything Incantation has done since their classic albums.

Anyway, i just think its pretty damn ridiculous to say that a band like Immolation who are known to be one of the most consistently great death metal bands of all time have " a lot of mediocre albums". There's no way that's anything more than a troll comment.

Reactions: CiG
Since we did the Immolation game my least favourite has changed from Atonement to Shadows in the Light but regardless my least favourite three Immo albums (those two plus Kingdom of Conspiracy) are still healthy 7/10 albums.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
For the Immolation lovers, a band which I do like, you really think Harnessing Ruin is a good album? Honestly? Dead To Me sounds like mall metal. Lots of songs on the album are punctuated with metal core type sections. The drums sounds like a mess. And honestly to this day the drums still sound messy when they try to incorporate fast double bass and blasting. Kingdom Of Conspiracy sounds so triggered, probably in an attempt to make the drums sound tighter than they usually are.

Incantation is very consistent, they do not change their style much. And I’m ok with that. I liked the ideas on their early records. Those ideas are on the later records and I still like them. Profane Nexus was an exciting record with great riffs in their style. Basically, Incantation hasn’t released one shitty song whereas Immolation has many times.

I think you're a dumb faggot. Metalcore on Harnessing Ruin? Delete your account mate. :lol:

Listen to the album again chappy. It’s full of death metal-lite with choppy rhythms, groove sections and guitar parts that nearly sound like Dillinger Escape Plan, all over uncoordinated drumming.

Immolation.
Incantation never became more than a heads down death metal band and didn't necessarily improve from album to album.

My two favourites from both, "Here in After" and "Diabolical Conquest" are pretty much equal for me. But I prefer the first 5 Immolation albums to the first 5 Incantation. On the other hand, Incantation is a band I can throw on a lot more frequently. I have to be in a more specific mood for Immolation's music.

I've seen Incantation twice live (still none for Immolation, unfortunately) and they absolutely destroy. John McCentee is also really easy to talk to and a big elitist about death metal. Literally no tolerance whatsoever for brutal death metal including Suffocation. He gets a free pass since he's older.

I never really considered Mortician to be brutal death metal. More like deathgrind. Great band anyway.