Incantations of the Apprentice

scanner313

The EYE
Aug 5, 2002
Western PA, USA
Visit site
How is it that there are people on this board who love SyX, love the Odyssey yet say they don't like the song "Incantations of the apprentice"? I just don't understand this at all. The first minute of this song is probably the most shredding and awesome part of this entire album. That's the song I go to first when I only have a few minutes in the car to listen to the CD. And the whole song is as good as any other on the CD.

I just don't get it...???:confused:

at first I hated it, then after a few listens it sorta grew on me and now i like it. Though I still feel its the weakest track on the album, but thats ok because the whole album is good stuff

I love so much about this song.. The fast part in the end of the first minute, the verse-riffs are some of the best I have ever heard, and those six-eight seconds from 2:39 to :around 2:46.. So fast and yet so dead-precise.. *droool*

it bores me to death,like a couple of other tracks from The Odyssey.

to me this cd is fantastic just for the last two tracks :D

oh,well, i know you can't please anyone ;)

I love the turning, but this one is my least favorite off the record. I like the contrast between the verse and prechorus and the whole middle section, but I find the intro/chorus riff to be kind of boring. I still like it a lot! Its just not as good as the others.
I can say that there is not a single song that I don't like off this record.

Wicked is still my favorite song on the album. Incantations of the Apprentice isn't bad. I like the story.

And I just started to really like The Turning. Russel's switching between rough and clean singing is just ridiculously cool.

Originally posted by scanner313
How is it that there are people on this board who love SyX, love the Odyssey yet say they don't like the song "Incantations of the apprentice"? I just don't understand this at all. The first minute of this song is probably the most shredding and awesome part of this entire album. That's the song I go to first when I only have a few minutes in the car to listen to the CD. And the whole song is as good as any other on the CD.

I just don't get it...???:confused:

I hadn't heard anyone knocking that tune. It's pretty solid -- not one of my favorites on The Odyssey, but definately not a bad tune.

My least favorite song on the disc is "The Turning". It's fair, but for me it's my least favorite.

It reminds me somewhat of "The Witching Hour", which just happens to be my least favorite on TDWOT.