Inflames Terrible new vocals

I think if you judge the quality of vocals by their pronunciation you're just being fucking gay.

I heard this song called Cocorosie-werewolf on the radio and I wanted to puke because the ho sounded like she was gargling cocks while having a lisp.

And the intersection of "power&progmetal" is one of the gayest places in the world.

I know, but I was too lazy to mention 3 genres in there separately.
I do prefer normal power and normal prog metal and rock over powerprog, though Revoltons does work atleast to me even if the vocals aren't that great.

And I didn't say that the melodies weren't good, they just didn't sound interesting.

I heard this song called Cocorosie-werewolf on the radio and I wanted to puke because the ho sounded like she was gargling cocks while having a lisp.
That's enunciation, though.

And I didn't say that the melodies weren't grood, they just didn't sound interesting.
Um...if they're "grood" then they're interesting. If they're not interesting, they suck. The only exception would be hypnotic black metal where the point is to put you into a trance.

Um...if they're "grood" then they're interesting. If they're not interesting, they suck. The only exception would be hypnotic black metal where the point is to put you into a trance.

:lol: for the mispellation.

Alright, I have heard alot of cool, beautifull, brutal, epic, etc. -melodies, and the ones I've heard from in flames each of these is pretty few ones. Clayman for example, the melody is not anything like one of my favorites, but I love listening to it because it gives me nostalgic feeling, dunno why though.

I'm getting confused even myself here, I noticed that atleast December flower reminds me of alot of blackmetal.
(for one; Gorgoroth - Maaneskyggen's slave)

i think come clarity is a very good album...i can't see why you don't like their later albums....well maybe the mirror's truth is a bit boring and easier to hear..but that's the way it is.every band evolves as the years pass by

I meant that I have not heard many cool,beautifull,atmospheric or etc. melodies from In Flames, some but not many.

tbh it sounds like black metal would have more of what you want, maybe try Dissection's Storm of the Light's Bane and see how that suits you.

Some of In Flames' new vocals aren't that bad, in my opinion. Songs like ''The Mirrors Truth (especially that one!) and ''Drenched in Fear'' have some good clean vocals, atleast they don't sound whining, combinated with bad lyrics.

How does Anders sings live actually? When it comes to clean vocals? I've heard that he can't hit high notes and stuff, I don't know what to believe.

How does Anders sings live actually? When it comes to clean vocals? I've heard that he can't hit high notes and stuff, I don't know what to believe.

He can't sing live, he usually kinda half-growls cleans or just sings them so low in the mix that you can only really hear the crowd. To be fair, to both scream and sing for over an hour is fucking tough, i'm not surprised he can't pull off both with his style of screaming.

He can't sing live, he usually kinda half-growls cleans or just sings them so low in the mix that you can only really hear the crowd. To be fair, to both scream and sing for over an hour is fucking tough, i'm not surprised he can't pull off both with his style of screaming.

Well, I can see what you mean, and I agree that it can be very hard, but on the other side, hasn't Anders sang for a few years now? I mean; what's the point of recording good clean vocals in a song that can't be performed live? It will only dissapoint fans, and puts the rest of the band to shame.

what's the point of recording good clean vocals in a song that can't be performed live?

What's the point of Bathory? What's the point of any group that doesn't perform live?

Oh, I know. To make good music.
Would you prefer they did shitty vocals because they could do those live too?

i heard this song its caliban feat anders friden.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQs10qpIKHY&feature=related[/ame]
i heard that he also produced the album
this is dysfunctional hours feat anders friden again. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sZX5p40j3o&feature=related[/ame]
what do you guys think hae you heard these songs before

What's the point of Bathory? What's the point of any group that doesn't perform live?

Oh, I know. To make good music.
Would you prefer they did shitty vocals because they could do those live too?

Hah, you got me there, but there's obviously difference between a band that does perform live (In Flames) and a one that doesn't. (Bathory, for example)

As a fan you, if you're going to see any band live, you probably want the band to perform great, right? I don't know exactly what Anders Friden can and can't do live, but In my opinion, recording stuff that you can't play, is simply pointless.

Note, this is nothing against In Flames, I'm just giving my opinion, if we were talking about Death, my favourite band of all time, I guess, that couldn't perform their stuff live, I'd still complain.

That Caliban song... ugh. If you're going to feature Anders in your song, don't give him that many cleans. Especially in contrast with their guitarist, who actually has a decent singing voice.

Hah, you got me there, but there's obviously difference between a band that does perform live (In Flames) and a one that doesn't. (Bathory, for example)

As a fan you, if you're going to see any band live, you probably want the band to perform great, right? I don't know exactly what Anders Friden can and can't do live, but In my opinion, recording stuff that you can't play, is simply pointless.

Note, this is nothing against In Flames, I'm just giving my opinion, if we were talking about Death, my favourite band of all time, I guess, that couldn't perform their stuff live, I'd still complain.

Okay, I'd prefer that they kick ass on album and be okay live than just be okay on album and okay live. Also, what are you talking about about Death? They played live until the end and kicked ass.

Oh btw. I personally love the vocals on STYE, I like it when it sounds like he's in terrible pain. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that I do think that Shotcr is one of the epicest (this short) songs I've heard. And I have to say that Dead eternity is one of the most beautifull fast songs.

Okay, I'd prefer that they kick ass on album and be okay live than just be okay on album and okay live. Also, what are you talking about about Death? They played live until the end and kicked ass.

I was using Death as example, because they are my favourite band; no matter who's your favourite band, I just don't see the point of recording vocals lines or whatever, that you can't play live.

Death kicked ass, but I meant that I wasn't just complaining about In Flames, but it I'd complain about any band that can't perform stuff good live. (Such as Paradise Lost, one of my favourite bands.)