Inflames Terrible new vocals

Pride. Best enjoyed after appreciating music from your favourite bands.

Mmmm...Bitter going down, but sweet as honey in my stomach...

Listening to the demo/other version of Dead Eternity now, with the other vocalist. If In Flames sounded like this I could actually enjoy them more then I can now. (Talking anout early In flames, obviously.)

Yeah, the version of Dead Eternity on Subterranean is far superior to the version with Anders. It just sounds so much more alive and energetic.

There's some severe mixing issues with the Subterranean. Also, Anders' vocals on it are better tbh. Certainly all the backing vocals etc were done way better on TJR.
So no.
But The Inborn Lifeless is better than Dead God In Me. Although the lyrics are better on Dead God.

I think the epic black metal scream at the beginning of the Subterranean version makes it all the more special. I always put the song on just to hear that section.

he's very serious he's 18 :D don't you see, everything hurts so much more on the internet I'm dead....
Ha Silent Scream, i forgot to tell you something : If you don't like In Flames, eat a BIG bag of shit and don't come to whine in here ;)

Awesome! "Eat a BIG bag of shit and don't come to whine in here" Classic

whew, thank god ... i'll sleep easier knowing that :p

I don't have a problem with any of Anders vocals, really, up until ASOP, where they've lost all energy. There are issues prior - some lack of emotion at times on TJR, thin, painful voice on Clayman, robotic tone on R2R - but generally, he's always been solid on record, if not live (in regards to screams, cleans are very much hit and miss... mostly miss).

tbh if it sounds good I don't care if it's a robot singing. Johan's vocals on the new AA album are seriously studio'd but it's still one of the most badass death metal vocal performances in recent memory.

Same here.
By studio, I imagine outtake after outtake to make it perfect sounding, but that still means it was created by the person. I seriously doubt they rape vocal tracks with effects in the studio, maybe some effects but I'm sure studio vocals are very organic.

I'm sure Anders does pretty much what I just said. It's all organic, but probably does outtake after outtake. MAYBE a pitch corrector though, I donno.

To be honest I suspect Anders can sing clean fine, they just go for the loads-of-effects sounds because it works with the music. No proof though.

With Johan I think that's generally what they do but I suspect there's some slight pitch-shifting. In large part because of the degree of change in his vocals in a short period and also because of how clear his pronunciation is on his deeps. Also they really laid it on with his screams. Although partially it's because the trem-picked melodies sound way bigger than on past albums and that's the only parts he screams over.

Either way, when Anders uses layers on his vocals, it sounds great, there's nothing wrong with it imo, everyone does it, he's genius if anything for thinking of ways to make his voice sound cool.

To be honest I suspect Anders can sing clean fine, they just go for the loads-of-effects sounds because it works with the music. No proof though.

Judging from live performances it can only really be argued that Anders can't sing well. However, as Clay-man said, if anything it makes the studio efforts even more praiseworthy. Some of the vocals they've come up with (Off the top of my head, Leeches, Crawl Through Knives, Delight and Angers, The Quiet Place) sound good despite Anders' natural talent not being particularly high.