Inflames Terrible new vocals

Anders performance on Jester Race and Whoracle sounded too gravelly and sounded like he was taking a massive turd while eating dirt at the same time.
Colony is where i think he sounded actually decent, then Clayman his voice started to seem strained but it still sounded alright at times. I guess eating all the dirt and doing huge turds took a toll on his voice.
QUOTE]

Agreed, much more important is, that in my opinion Anders as vocalist on the Jester Race/Whoracle album just did not fucking fit. It still pains me to think that The Jester Race could be enjoyed by me if the vocals didn't sound so dry and boring. Moonshield sounds totaly fucked up. :erk:

Perhaps I'm totally off base but should we not be asking: from where were they getting their vocal style inspiration during that time? Where did the howler monkey vocals really start? What inspired them to go that route? And perhaps the more important question is: why? And perhaps now, why the move to remain with, move away from, or incorporate both? And, does the delivery of the message really matter more than the message itself?

By the way, this isn't just about Anders. It's about the 'growly vs clean' vocal styles in general. I know how much some really love that VERSUS thing, so... :loco:

imo The new vocals today are shit, asop is horrible for it, but everything in between that is good. Clayman to cc is amazing for the vocals. I do like the old stuff better but im not amazed by the sound of his voice. Screaming high pitched as hard as you can is fucking nutter.

Thank you for your input. Do you wish to address the issue of message delivery vs the message itself?

Are some (or all) just Empty Wooooords?

Does the delivery style help or hinder understanding?

Lots of questions today. :)

The way you deliver vocals is not to incorperate your message deeper its to fit the song (maybe) . When you put in vocals you want it to be like another guitar or a keyboard, its another effect to add to the song. When you write out lyrics you hear the song first and then mold your words around song to fit. Maybe im wrong about the delivery part but only the best singers can really make the whole thing fit perfectly to deliver a message. Having the more intence lyrics at more intnce parts of a song. get it

I appreciate your further input. I think it would be prudent to wait for input from other forum members who may wish to respond to the initial questions posed before I continue with any more questions or comments. However, if this portion of the thread comes to a swift end here I want to stress that your input has been very valuable. Thanks again!

I appreciate your further input. I think it would be prudent to wait for input from other forum members who may wish to respond to the initial questions posed before I continue with any more questions or comments. However, if this portion of the thread comes to a swift end here I want to stress that your input has been very valuable. Thanks again!

My observations have been that along with the change of vocal delivery, there has been a 'dumbing' down of the lyrics. They are less thought provoking, more straight forward, and composed at a lower education level per say.

The change in lyrics to the change in delivery was all done to appeal to a wider audience in my opinion and I do believe it achieves its goal of doing that. It just leaves those who could appreciate the art they were creating earlier wishing for more.

Your observation about appealing to a wider audience resonates. I think you're right, but is this not a common goal shared by many bands looking to increase their fan base?

Unfortunately the comment about dumbing down of the lyrics bounces off my receptors. While you are entitled to your opinion and I agree it leaves a void for some, it is my belief that one does not have to be a language scholar to convey a message to the masses (of classes). This is not to say that the Shakespearean wannabe stuff is bad, though.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Irony tbh.
There's not much left to be done in this thread. I've always wanted to have a really immature flame war complete with internet tough guy shit (WHER EDDO U LIVE MOTHERFUCKER!?!?! IM A BLACK BELT IN TAEKWNDO WILL FUCK U UP I HAVE A GUN BITCH!), but I never have. So here's my chance. And this one will be really funny because hkh has demonstrated some impressive ITG technique already.