Inflames Terrible new vocals

Some of you people are really fucking stupid. Screaming, like Anders does now, has a higher chance of fucking up your vocal chords than growling does. There are plenty of death metal vocalists who have been growling for twice as long as Anders did, who still maintain relatively the same tone (Ross Dolan, anyone?).

Someone earlier posted in the thread something to the effect of "look at matt heafy's growling, now he has to sing." THAT IS NOT FUCKING GROWLING, DIPSHITS? Matt Heafy has NEVER growled on any recorded works of his. Not in Trivium, not in Capharnum.

In conclusion, this is a shit thread, and Anders should just give up on vocals now, because they're horrible.

hmm...Anders was in my opinion never a perfect vocalist, he was decent during TJR era,but whatever.

I hope Anders can get his growl he used during Colony/Clayman back, but i guess he won't.

I'm pretty tired of all that "it was better before" attitude... Elitism is the enemy of art.

I was introduced to In Flames with "Whoracle", saw them live in 1998, and my favourite album from them are "Reroute to remain" and "Come clarity". Why? Becuase those records have better songs IMO.

So please stop bitching around and start your own elitist forum with only people who have never enjoyed an album since 1995... :rolleyes:

OK, it's just a matter of taste, but being open-minded doesn't hurt...

i dont mind his new vocal style, its more easy to understand, although he could have made it so he still dones some growling along with it?? idk but i stikll dont think anything bad about it

Sure he can, check out the Used and Abused DVD, he slays with his deeper voice on F(r)iend and In Search for I. It's far easier to put emotion into higher growls than lower growls, and also to keep in rhythm with the other instruments, so it's not hard to see why he's changed.

I like him when he doesn't use "melodic vocals" :)
He sing good in the first verse of TMT, TCP, Condemned and Eraser.
I think his cleans were better on STYE. Bls no hate I'R!

No IntoPhagist, I'm pretty sure you like him still just like all of the millions of kids who waste their money purchasing trash music nowadays thinking In Flames is "uber death metal" that's still worth a shit

Funnily enough, the only people who still think In Flames are "death metal" are the disillusioned fans of their past who can't comprehend that they shifted genres many, many years ago and still cling to the hope that another JESTER RACE!!!! will be produced.

Anders was awesome on anything before Reroute. Like he has this nasely shit going on in his voice in singing and growling now.

Before he had these low dark vocals that made the song feel darker, and then he started singing on Colony for real, but it fit in so well and it was metal, then RtR, and worse is later, he sings like he has gay aids in his throat now.

Think though. His voice though changes was still very familiar between Jester-Clayman. If you listen throughout the shit in order it sounds all familiar. Clayman was different, but he still had the same attack and style, just at a gravely higher format, now he has this nasal pitch he threw in to try to reach higher notes or something because he was tired of hiding it or something.

I liked R2R. :'(

I think CC and STYE sucked. Why not make another Clayman or a Colony? Seriously. Just cross you fingers for their new album. I hope they pull a Hypocrisy and release it soon out of nowhere...

I agree. R2R I know is definently an include to their "sellout" section but it's exceptional because it's so fucking good. It reminds me of Old In Flames which makes sense since it was their earliest "new album". It had alot of melodies that sounded like Old In Flames.

You know what else is funny. People saying albums sound the same. Like How the fuck can you get off saying each individual album from Jester-Clayman sounds the same? They are relative BECAUSE IT'S FROM THE SAME BAND but it's still fucking way new and fresh and different each time. In flames was like a car making progress road then it spun the fuck out of control with experimenting and now we have reroute, then it went into a pitstop where they were having a numetal concert and made STYE, then Anders got sick of Passenger and Jesper told everyone about how he likes Killswitch Engage and made Come Clarity, then they went into this different road called metalcore road.

But seriously that's why people say "new in flames" and "old in flames".

Colony was the best. The intensity of his growls were at max. Fucking brutal on Resin.