Inflames Terrible new vocals

Its not that I don't like Friden's vocals
It's just that almost every track on Come Clarity sounds the same except for "Come Clarity" and "Dead End".

In fairness, according to your loose definition of "the same", you could say that about every IF album - the same style/sound of guitar, same vocals, etc

no, he has a point...the songs on CC are more similar than previously.
Except that I can't tell most of R2R apart. Mostly because I can't stand most of it.

Newer In Flames isn't that bad. Come Clarity is their worst release yet but Soundtrack to Your Escape and R2R were damn good albums. I dig Anders new style of singing. :headbang:

Facepalm.jpg

@oinkness, obviously...

Anyone out there who can tell me what his vocals were like in Ceremonial Oath? And whether it's worth my time picking that up? I'm thinking here of Carpet and The Book Of Truth.
I got the stuff he did with Dark Tranquility and he honestly sounds just like Mikael Stanne, except a little worse.

He doesn't sound very good. He sounds pretty much like he did in Dark Tranquillity. The only Ceremonial Oath I have is Carpet, and I can send you a song or two if you want to gauge it.

I don't see what all this is about. People are allowed to like whatever album better than what ever other album. What's wrong with that? It doesn't mean that they hate the other ones and criticize the other albums at all. But Anders vocals are personal opinion. I personally like Whoreacle's vocals over Reroute's. ..... So? What's wrong with that? Of course, I love all In Flames, like any proper In Flames fan should, and I am not going to give Anders a bashing, because people change, they grow, they mature. Maybe the old vocals to Anders aren't appealing anymore. And I for one, respect his change, I'm not going to go hating a band because of something like that. That's retarded. ALL In Flames is good, to me.

Anders was fucking brutal with Dark Tranquillity. I can only stand to listen to the Skydancer tracks that have Stanne on them. Anders best vocal performances were Jester Race and Whoracle I think. Stanne has however continued to improve on every album I think. And he's much better looking.

What do you mean he was "brutal?"
Do you mean bad? Because he was exactly like Stanne.
Do you mean brutal vocalswise? Because he wasn't. at all.
By the way...Anders sang on all tracks on Skydancer. Stanne did voxx for the Of Chaos and eternal night EP.

Well i think Anders lost his voice. He probably can't do those growls anymore probably. Also if you don't do growls right you can kill your vocal chords. So idk if anders did it the correct way or not im not a expert.

A vocalist to invoke terror and fear into the hearts and minds of listeners?

Johan Hegg comes to mind. One of the most powerful voices I've ever heard.

Mikael Akerfeldt also comes to mind - his gutterals are fucking beastly. There are some other black and death metal vocalists who sound scary.

Anders isn't one of them.

i think that the new vocals are good in there own way i feel that his sound is original and i like the the singing choruses cuz of the harmonies that kind of shit makes me thrash