Inflames Terrible new vocals

In Flames' problem is that they're not a very good live band... especially their live singing. Come Clarity has a pretty big recording studio vocal improvement over Reroute and Soundtrack (imo, the worst two albums they've released), and I like Come Clarity a lot, just not more than Jester Race / Whoracle / Colony.

Just youtube their Wacken 2006-2007 stuff... or if you own the Tokyo Showdown album (which I do)... their sound live is really inconsistent, and sometimes really terrible. All those expensive lights and pyrotecnics can't mask it.

love Andres hes still rocking

Agree, There is always a lot of whining when a band start to change something, and if some people dont like it, fine, quit listening to it then.

// Saleen.

In Flames' problem is that they're not a very good live band...

eheheheh have we seen the same band!!!! they f***kin rock live:worship:
who cares if the sound isnt 100%,its the feeling that counts:kickass:....

... or if you own the Tokyo Showdown album (

yeah its a terrible sound but its not fixed up in the studio....!

I got into new IF before the older stuff, started with RTR and STYE, then went back to the beginning, and have since become familiar with everything In Flames. In my opinion each album has gotten progressively worse which is a true testament to how amazing the first 2 albums are considering how much the new stuff still rules! I have to agree that starting with RTR the vocals took a change for the worse though.

I don't like the new vocals as much as the older ones, but i still love them all. STYE is the album that got me into them, then I moved back and enjoyed the older ones even more. There is way too much pointless complaining

ANDER'S VOCALS...

They now and for the past few albums, well suck. Horrible high pitched screaming... long gone the deeper, much more powerful guttural growls that made me want to bang my head as hard as possible..

The only reason I can see for this change... is that he blew his voice out...and/or is trying to protect it... but his vocals are horrible now... you can see the vocals started to change on Clayman... less throaty and higher pitched and have just gotten worse every album since then...

Bring back the old sounding vocals - OR get a new singer!

imo

I don't think the vocals have necessarily gotten worse, I just think he's changed the style based on his capabilities...I mean, if he can't do it like he used to there's no point in forcing it, because that will only destroy his vocal cords.

In Flames' problem is that they're not a very good live band...
... or if you own the Tokyo Showdown album (which I do)... their sound live is really inconsistent, and sometimes really terrible. All those expensive lights and pyrotecnics can't mask it.

And you conveniently left out Sticky Fingers and Hammersmith - their 2 best shows bar none. Yes you hear a few little f-ups but they don't take anything away from it. Just reminds you that they are human. I agree Tokyo Showdown isn't that impressive but please never forget the 2 most amazing shows that ever were... :headbang:

well, a lot of metal bands like trivium and in flames, are starting to scream less and starting to sing more. Screaming is good, but a little singing never hurts. there singing doesn't SUCK, but there not as good as before

Yeah, seriously... just because a band decides to go in a new direction or change their vocal style does not mean that they are any worse. In Flames is still an incredible band, the guitar work is amazing, and I still enjoy Anders' vocals, he sounds good whether he is screaming or singing. I appreciate In Flames as a whole, not "oh, I like this album better", it's really a ridiculous outlook. If you like the band then enjoy the fucking band and appreciate the music, don't be whiny about which album you like better or what Anders should and should not do. It's his decision, not yours. Was DT a good band? Fuck yes. Should that impact In Flames' music at all? Fuck no. So yeah, if you like it, awesome. If you don't, then eat a big bag of shit, and GTFO, you shouldn't be in this forum if you are going to be a whiny cunt about the band.

To the poster above me, you couldn't be more wrong. Just because a band changes sound doesn't mean they have to sell out and turn into emo sounding black metal, and for In Flames the effort that this band has put out has definately seen better days. If you know you're good, why would you quit playing the kind of music that made you big in the music scene in the first place? It just doesn't make any sense.

Also telling someoneone to get out of a forum because they don't like a certain album is total nonsense. Unforunately it's a fact that their new shit sucks, if you knew jack shit about music you could understand (just play whoracle and come clarity side by side and see the ridiculous difference in quality the albums have) and then come back to me and say im wrong, because it just aint going to happen. For an In Flames fan you sure are fucking close-minded and ignorant. Good day.

I liked R2R. :'(

I think CC and STYE sucked. Why not make another Clayman or a Colony? Seriously. Just cross you fingers for their new album. I hope they pull a Hypocrisy and release it soon out of nowhere...