Instrumentals

May 27, 2001
Tracks like "Terminal" or "God Is Coming", do they do something for you? Do they have a right to exist whatsoever or are they just pathetic attempts at concealing an inability to produce decent lyrics?

they're great i think, lyrics are not always needed - i like the soundscapes duncan creates

terminal and god is coming are great songs, no vocals needed here. i think that instrumentals are all about atmosphere.

and dont forget black orchid!
headbob.gif

instrumentals are always good, most bands do them for that reason,
in most of the death/metal i listen to, i dont really listen to the "singing" i try to listen more to the instruments.
anyone ever listen to quo vadis - dream? or The Provenance - The Ardberg Experience?
songs like them are a nice change to the rest of the album, especially for the provenance :D

Hey Allan, off topic, but do you know whether these Stille Opprør guys have released songs other than the ones in In the Woods...'s live album's bonus disc?

Argh, don't get me started, I've mailed the dude several times trying to get his stuff. There's one album out, one track on the Karmakosmetix site, but the album is sold-out, I got someone to send me a copy, really looking forward to it. Those 2 tracks on the promosampler are from a forthcoming album, which I doubt will ever come. Been a while since I checked the site though. He's busy with another project called Animal Alpha.

www.karmakosmetix.com

Allan said:
How come noone mentioned Vilolence? that and Terminal are fav tracks of mine.
Haha dunno why, but I just remembered some UM member saying "the end of violence can fuck off like" back when AND was released. You gotta love constructive criticism.