intelligent design in schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LRD, I admit that my parents are upper-middle class (which is why I go to Private school) but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I get one of the highest grades for English Literature, Art, Intergrated Science (although I admit I failed a test recently at it, because I never studied) ,Chemistry, Physics and I get average grades at maths. Once I got 99% on a algebra test. So even if my parents do pay for me to go to Yale, Harvard or any other good University, I still would of deserved it, so your point is nulled.
And for your brother, I don't know whether he paid for it or not, but if he worked and got good grades for it then you should learn from him.

My opinion is that since there are these 2 approaches - ontological and cosmological - both should be presented I would think.

Each has it's own merit; let the child decide which one best suits them.

Intelligent design doesn't neccasarily have to relate to "God" or "Christianity". Evolution, even if prooved 100% still does not invalidate Intelligent Design either. To be quite honest I do hold some Christian beliefs (though I'm far from fundamentalist on the issue) and if God is powerful enough to create the universe I'm sure he could've done it any way that he wanted. Christians spend far too much time relying on Western interprations of their religion to actually approach topics the way they should be approached and discussed. I belive that many Christians never actually take the time to stop and think about their beliefs and they spend far too much time debating topics which are really not that important and turns many people off to the "religion". Religion is a man-made thing of course, spirituality is another matter.

I went to a Christian highschool for a few years and one of our teachers taught us plenty about Evolution and Progressive Creationism. Rather then "the world was created in 6 days" theory only he provided us with other possible forms of creation.

xicor said:
LRD, I admit that my parents are upper-middle class (which is why I go to Private school) but that doesn't mean I'm stupid. I get one of the highest grades for English Literature, Art, Intergrated Science (although I admit I failed a test recently at it, because I never studied) ,Chemistry, Physics and I get average grades at maths. Once I got 99% on a algebra test. So even if my parents do pay for me to go to Yale, Harvard or any other good University, I still would of deserved it, so your point is nulled.
And for your brother, I don't know whether he paid for it or not, but if he worked and got good grades for it then you should learn from him.
wtf does this post have to do with this thread???

After recently graduating from a UK secondary school, I think the US education system should follow the UK in terms of how this particular issue is taught. In a state comprehensive school I went to, there is a mandatory Religious Education class, where both the ID and Evolution theories are taught and discussed. In Biology, it is only Evolution that is taught, but of course in more scientific depth than in an RE class. The US could easily implement something like this in high schools, which lets children decide for themselves on these matters, instead of having christianity forced down them.

Though, I was talking to an American christian about this system, who condemned it as utter rubbish, as more children are likely to accept what is taught in a science classroom as fact than in an RE class.

LORD_RED_DRAGON said:
wtf does this post have to do with this thread???

LRD, in case you haven't noticed, having sexual relations with parents is generally considered outside the norm in EVERY society. You can't even explain why everyone has has sex with their mother. You can't because you're assuming because you've had sex with your mother. Not everything someone does will be repeated by others. Humans generally do not have it in them to screw their mothers. It's all down to biological functions within the body. The human species wants to prosper not fail because of inbreeding.

LRD I will tell you that I have never had sex with my mother. I doubt even you have. It's just so disgusting that I don't even think you'd do it.

xicor said:
LRD, in case you haven't noticed, having sexual relations with parents is generally considered outside the norm in EVERY society. You can't even explain why everyone has has sex with their mother. You can't because you're assuming because you've had sex with your mother. Not everything someone does will be repeated by others. Humans generally do not have it in them to screw their mothers. It's all down to biological functions within the body. The human species wants to prosper not fail because of inbreeding.

LRD I will tell you that I have never had sex with my mother. I doubt even you have. It's just so disgusting that I don't even think you'd do it.
incest is a topic for another thread

No dumbass. Ouija boards are toys. They were originally sold as toys and a couple dumbasses decide "OMG I BET THESE REALLY WORK".

So, yeah, shut the fuck up.

Why the hell did you bring up PHP? And, that was not a guess, asshole. You looked it up. Even I forget what PHP stands for.

Even so, what the hell does PHP have to do with ANYTHING that we have discussed?

xicor said:
No dumbass. Ouija boards are toys. They were originally sold as toys and a couple dumbasses decide "OMG I BET THESE REALLY WORK".

So, yeah, shut the fuck up.

Why the hell did you bring up PHP? And, that was not a guess, asshole. You looked it up. Even I forget what PHP stands for.

Even so, what the hell does PHP have to do with ANYTHING that we have discussed?
i really don't even know how to respond to this:err:

I doubt your school teaches a class on a language for intelligent design, but, I'll bite anyway.

Anyway, LRD, this Juda stuff? It sucks. Stop being a coward and talk as yourself instead of ANOTHER made up fantasy.

xicor said:
I doubt your school teaches a class on a language for intelligent design, but, I'll bite anyway.

Anyway, LRD, this Juda stuff? It sucks. Stop being a coward and talk as yourself instead of ANOTHER made up fantasy.
Jewish people say that Christianity is a cult by saying that Jesus IS NOT the son of the "God" that they worship
what i said was that Christianity was a cult because Jesus was claiming to be the son of a bogus deity

Almost believed you until I saw the phrase "I am learning to become a Intelligent design teacher".

I use Intelligent design on a daily basis, fool. You don't become a Intelligent design teacher...Intelligent design stands for Intelligent design . Yes. The beginning of Intelligent design is in fact, Intelligent design .

Intelligent design is a server that goes to the river of sticks that manages god's creation and interactive spirit worlds...and my cult is built upon the technology.

I use Intelligent design daily to edit it and manage it.

So, my question to you...to prove if you, in fact, know Intelligent design ...

Name the exclusive use of the includes command.

Status
Not open for further replies.