Interested in this song for mixing practice?

Aug 16, 2008
London, UK
fb.com
When I started gaining interest and pursuing a career in this industry this forum was one of the main stops of information for me, it helped me a lot back then but even with the current state of a forum that sometimes feels it's heading into a bitter direction I still love it to death for all the information it provided me.

So, I still want to be able to give something back, even if not much, but it's still something.

I already posted a mix of this band, but I want to know how many people would be interested in me hosting this song for everyone's mixing pleasure/practice, I'm asking as I want to see if there's interest or not since the raw files are a massive 2.3GB.

It's not metal, it's not core, it's a delicate pop oriented rock with loads of atmosphere recorded with some beautiful amps (ac30, 65amp, bergantino cabs, etc) and guitars (teles and stratos), so it may not be everyone's cup of tea, so anyone that is interested please do say so, so I may consider putting up the files tomorrow for the forum.

This is the song with my mix for the release:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/617922/Track%2003.mp3

Cheers!

I would love to toy around with these files. I am sure a lot of people on here could use practice mixing other genres.

Cool song as well!

I didn't track this, the other engineer at the studio I work did. I know an i5 for snare was used, e609s on toms, nt5a's on overheads, NT2a for room and D6 for kick. Drummer knew how to tune his kit as well paired with brand new heads obviously make up for the great tone.

I will post the files tomorrow ;)

Sounds really nice and I like the song. I would really like the files too, to learn how to mix stuff that's not metal :)

Why are the files 2.3gb? Sounds like a LOT

Not only are they at 48khz but there is a fuck load of lead tracks, I mean... a fuck load really lol.

Guys, sorry to dissapoint but I'm not going to be able to do this today only on January 3rd :(
I had stuff to do today, logistics stuff, christmas lunch at the office etc which left me no time to do anything in the studio and it's now closed until January 3rd. But I promise I'll upload it then :)

Not only are they at 48khz but there is a fuck load of lead tracks, I mean... a fuck load really lol.

Guys, sorry to dissapoint but I'm not going to be able to do this today only on January 3rd :(
I had stuff to do today, logistics stuff, christmas lunch at the office etc which left me no time to do anything in the studio and it's now closed until January 3rd. But I promise I'll upload it then :)

Can wait until January... Love your stuff man!!!