Introduce Yourself - the n00b thread

Gosh, I never noticed there was a place for introduction hehe

Holaa, I'm Lucia, Lucy for short please lol. I come from Argentina (so yeah, I speak Spanish fluently :p), moved here to Texas, USA 8 years ago, and well here I am, a huge Opeth fan. I adore the old albums best. :heh:

Hey everyone!!!
Im really new to Opeth Just started Going threw there collection about a month ago
Im a huge Prog metal fan I have been into Metal since I first heard Iron Maiden and Priest , Saxon and so on, then got into Rush and yes and all that stuff too , I wouldn't call myself a metal head But i do love it , Im into all kinds of prog Music and other types Blues jazz everything but Rap . But Metal is the most i listen too
And I still Jam
(I Play Guitar But grew up playing drums till about when i was 15 then took up guitar ,now i still play a little drums but mostly guitar) with a few buddies and we play some heavy shit so I guess you could call me a metalhead all my friends do LOL!!!!

These are the Opeth Tunes i really liked the most , So FAR

HARVEST
BURDEN
Porcolen heart
Windowpane
A Fair Judgement
In My Time Of Need
Opeth- the drapery falls
Credence
To Bid You Farewell
Forest Of October Live
The Lotus Eater
Hex Omega
Ending Credits
Harvest
The Drapery Falls
Benighted
Moonlapse Vertigo
Face Of Melinda

I know there mostly all the mellow stuff without the growls But thats what i first heard from them and I like it alot

Hey everyone!!!
Im relly new to Opeth Just started Going threw there collection about a month ago
Im a huge Prog metal fan , I don't think i need to list the bands
These are the Tunes i really liked the most , So FAR

HARVEST
BURDEN
Porcolen heart
Windowpane
A Fair Judgement
In My Time Of Need
Opeth- the drapery falls
Credence
To Bid You Farewell
Forest Of October Live
The Lotus Eater
Hex Omega
Ending Credits
Harvest
The Drapery Falls
Benighted
Moonlapse Vertigo
Face Of Melinda

I know there mostly all the mellow stuff without the growls But thats what i first heard from them and I like it alot

Hah, welcome to the Opeth Universe! You'll be digging the growls too soon enough! You will come to realize the genius that is Bubba Smith!!!

Guess I'm a noob.. I'm Joe from Leicester, England. I've been living in Tokyo for the last 7 or so years, earning my keep teaching English. I've been a metalhead for over 25 years now, but got into Opeth pretty late on (about 2003). I'd heard Gene Hoglan played a few shows with them (been a fan of GH since 89 or so) and decided to check them out. The rest, as they say, is history. They're one of the few bands I know that no one I've played them to has ever complained about! Opeth are probably the best band I've ever heard, and it's a pleasure to be in a forum with so many like-minded individuals.

Amen.

Hey! Abed, short for Abderrahman, from Saida, Lebanon!
Had my hour of power with Opeth exactly one year and 2 months ago and gonna go see me in Dubai this March!

I'm new, but I've been lurking for a little while. I've been into metal since I was a teenager (I'm 36 now). I love Opeth, but my wife loves them more. We just got into them around the time GR came out, but we have been listening to them steady ever since. I'm a high school science teacher and my wife teaches yoga.

hey i'm a n00b here. just thought of saying hi. i'm still not used to this forum... yet.

but anyway if you have any questions just ask or send me a PM, i'll be glad to answer.

heya ppl!

i am marie from austria, 32yrs old. metalhead for 18 years now, but only an opeth fan since not even a year. dunno what kept me :Smokedev:

am going to see opeth live for the first time in my life on the 7th december in vienna! whoa! :headbang: