Introduce yourself ;-)

Apr 4, 2009
We thought we`d have a thread where all forum-members ( old and new ) can introduce themselves to one another:)

So who`s here ?:headbang:

Ok then,
my name is Christine, 40 years old.
I work as a mediadesigner in a sports wholesale and my passion is music, I listen the most time to prog and progpower.
Besides that I'm a bookworm, work since a short time for a radio station and write for Stormbringer.

Okay

My name is Jonas, and I'm from Bodø, Norway.
I was Ninfix on the old forum, as well, and I play drums in a melodic progressive metalband called Kapillamentum. (www.myspace.com/kapillamentum)

I listen to alot of music, and my favorite bands are Opeth and Circus Maximus. I listen mainly to their genres, Death and prog, but I listen to everything both within metal and outside this type of music.

Håper jeg treffer gutta igjen snart! Kom til Bodø å spille, sås varmer vi opp for dere ;)

Seems to be popular to start off with an..

Okey, i'm Lars, born and lived most of my life in Bodø, Norway. Been living down south in Kristiansand for just over a year now.

I spend a lot of time online, i'm a forum moderator for a couple of bands and i'm also the myspace webmaster for the Swedish band Cloudscape.

My passion for music started off when i was about 8-9 years old. I discovered Pink Floyd and Deep Purple back then in my sisters record collection. Guess those bands kind of shaped me in to what i listen to these days. But closest to my heart now is Prog and power metal, but the classisc's will never be forgotten. Hey, i even enjoy a couple of black metal bands..hehe

I first heard CM live in 2005 at a Dream Theater after party in Oslo and have seen them 7 times now. Never on the same stage twice in fact. :)

And when will the next time be? October for sure, but hopefully earlier... you hear guys? ;)

*edit* I have an gold badge for PPUSA X, but there are a couple of guys trying to screw things up for me so as of now the 1001 Watt festival in October is what i can confirm as my next CM show.

Hi all!!!
My name is Bill and I'm from Chicago, U.S.A.
For the most part I'm a prog and progpower metalhead but I listen to a lot of other things too.
When I was at Progpower USA I saw this band Circus Maximus and they absolutely blew me away. Been a huge fan ever since.
I'm so looking foward to seeing them again this year in Atlanta. Anyone else here going?

Ok then,
my name is Christine, 40 years old.
I work as a mediadesigner in a sports wholesale and my passion is music, I listen the most time to prog and progpower.
Besides that I'm a bookworm, work since a short time for a radio station and write for Stormbringer.

Shweet, my name's Christine as well :p I'm in the high school and love taking photography

Hello :]

My name is Vegard, I'm 16 years old and live in Stavanger, Norway.
I'm currently at the first year of my electrician studies.
I love Star Wars. :]
I play guitar.
And... My favorite bands are Blind Guardian and of course Circus Maximus. :)

My name is Clif. I'm almost done with college (studying Aerospace Engineering). I've been a fan of Circus Maximus ever since I stumbled across their album in the local music store. Can't wait to see them at ProgPower USA!

I'm Jenn but my nickname's Irish...

Discovered Circus Maximus at ProgPower 7 - :OMG: Top band of mine ever since... So much so I got the 'CM' logo tattoo'd on my neck over the weekend :kickass:

I can't WAIT to see them again at PP X ( hope you make it Lars!!!)

Hello, this is Carloz, a member once active, but kinda too far away from the forum recently... But I will make that up as this forum seems okay again :D

All the best for the band, and we're waiting eagerly for the new release and hopefully some gigs :] I should move to Germany in October, so hopefully will catch you somewhere on the road again:)

Ask and ye shall receive!!! :p The colors will 'bleed' together a little as it heals so it won't look so spotted but I love it... I'm THRILLED with it...

CMTat.jpg

Reactions: Circus \m/aximus
I have no CM tats, but I still like the band a lot!

I'm John W, aka J-Dubya from Pell Lake, Wisconsin USA. I have been to every Prog Power and am always happy to see CM on the bill. :headbang: As of last year, I became a member of Glenn's crew, performing guitar tech & stagerat duties. My day job is in IT, kind of a jack of all trades position for a small company. I also work as a moderator for Symphony X's forum & mailing list, as well as an administrator for the Freak Kitchen forums.

I listen to a lot of different music, but prog & power metal are my main courses. See you in September! :kickass:

Now that Jenn has tattooed your logo on her neck, you guys must never split up! Or she has to find a husband named Chris Miller :p

HAHAHAHAHA... Or it's the Roman numerals for 100 and 1,000...

Seriously, the band's music affected me to such an extent there are no words... and I still can remember like yesterday standing there at ProgPower next to my pal John, and Stian from Pagan's Mind with my mouth hanging open watching CM onstage, looking at my pals and saying 'Who is this - they're f'n awesome!?!'... And it's a bad ass logo... That is why 'CM' will be the only band logo I will EVER have tattoo'd on me..

If they change the logo again, I'm screwed... hehehee :loco:

Guess we can't change it now....hehe
Nice tat.

Truls

HAHAHAHAHA... Or it's the Roman numerals for 100 and 1,000...

Seriously, the band's music affected me to such an extent there are no words... and I still can remember like yesterday standing there at ProgPower next to my pal John, and Stian from Pagan's Mind with my mouth hanging open watching CM onstage, looking at my pals and saying 'Who is this - they're f'n awesome!?!'... And it's a bad ass logo... That is why 'CM' will be the only band logo I will EVER have tattoo'd on me..

If they change the logo again, I'm screwed... hehehee :loco:

Nice tatoo Jennifer/Irish, love the nick :lol:
I`m Lena, Lasse`s (twisted) sister. Live in Enebakk (30 km from Oslo), have two children, a dog and a husbond :D
I havent seen CM much live, because they never play on weekends in Oslo :confused: But I love the last album!!!

I'm Mikael, 27 years old and I currently live in Stockholm, even though I'm originally from the northern parts of Sweden. Started out as a classical pianist but also started playing drums and guitar, however I managed to ruin my arms by playing (!) so after a few not so successful operations I decided to call it quits.

I think this triggered my interest in listening to music even more and as the years have gone by I've explored quite a lot of different subgenres of metal, aswell as completely different types of music. Discovered CM in 2005 and was amazed by the ability to fuse the prog part of the music with the harmonic part, very few prog metal bands manage to do this...

Anyway, I currently go to school in Karolinska institutet here in Stockholm and I'm aiming to become a Phd student next year in the field of molecular oncology (basically I'll be a cancer scientist).