Introduce yourself ;-)

Hey all...Dylan from Destin, Florida - a town covered with bleach blond girls and BMWs. Fortunately I found a click of people years ago who introduced me to my favorite band of all time - Symphony X. As a vocalist they have influenced me beyond compare and I've been chatting on their forums awhile until someone on that forum recommended Circus Maximus to me. Vocally nothing like S-X, which is my main attraction but there's something about this bands music I absolutely love! I like the more gritty vocals like Sir Russell Allen has, but this Erikson (?) has got some pipes and has definitely impressed me greatly.

Current favorite song I've heard is Abyss and I heard Wither today - badass. I like the heavier music so if anyone could recommend any other heavy songs that are kickass please do because if Abyss is considered by fans to be a "weaker" song, kill me now.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping great music alive!

Well, I have introduced myself yesterday at the general forum, but I guess I'll be here for a while...

It's gonna be simple. Very simple.

My name is Hector, 21 years old. I'm from Montevideo, Uruguay, a country where metal doesn't have all the diffusion it should... well, it's just a three million people country...

And, about music, I'm beginning to play the bass (when the time allows me), but I spend most of my time listening music (at home, work, or the bus). I have a big preference on Progressive Metal (Dream Theater, Symphony-X, Pain Of Salvation, Circus Maximus [I just got the Isolate CD today], etc...), but I'm almost open to a lot of bands, including Heavy, Power, Thrash, and some Black Metal (but not too much).

Well, about other things... I'm a big fan of the asian horror movies (Ju-On [and ofcourse, Katasumi, 4444444444 are BIG things]) and... oh yeah!

asado2.jpg

The great 'tira de asado'.

Greetings from Montevideo, Uruguay! :headbang:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Otro Uruguayo, vamo ARRIVAA la celeste!!
jajaja sos el segundo en el foro....Y yo soy miembro de honor jajajaj
Estoy acá desde el primer día, fan número 1 de CM!

hi guys I'm Trey and from McAllen, Tx (right next to Mexico at the bottom tip of Tx)

Huge Circus Maximus fan :worship: I heard Isolate first and instantly loved it. Recently just now getting into The 1st Chapter and it has grown on me tremendously. favorite bands are DT, Pagan's Mind, and of course CM. also into RnB and pop music :oops: :p

my main instruments are guitar and voice :headbang: I enjoy trying to sound like Mike when jamming in my car :lol:

progressivemetalinchains, love your avatar. I'm obsessed with FFVI and made a rock medley of my favorite songs from it about a year ago.

Hi, I'm Sean. I'm 16. I'm from Ellicott City, MD and pretty much love Hockey and Progressive Metal.

I have a youtube account with the same username and have Progressive Metal videos that some of you might have already seen.

I just joined the forum in search for news on the the CM album which will hopefully be released sometime soon.

Hi guys.

Thought id say this is Steve all the way from Wales in the Uk.
Went to see you guys in Dudley, amazing show.
But it was the rest of the night that was great, a good few beers with you guys.
Will be at the next show you do down here to do it all over again.

Steve

Hi... I'm Ian...

I'm 17 and from Buenos Aires, Argentina...

Some friends and I are really big fans of you guys... we sing "Alive" or "Wither" everywhere.!.. :p

Mike: your voice is amazing!..:p
Truls, Mats, Glen and Lasse are fucking awesome...

We love both albums...and can't wait the next one...!

Hi all im Fernando from La Serena, Chile and im really glad to be here in the forum. With my presentation i would like to ask Michael when they think come to Chile cause my friends and I are expecting you !!

I'm Jason from Orlando... unfortunately you guys weren't around when a former job at Ericsson took me over to Europe quite frequently, or there could have been many side trips!

Heard CM for the first time about summer last year. Royal Hunt & Fates were good, but CM was the reason I dropped everything to make sure I got to Progpower for the first time this past year. Went to the loft show & met alot of great mates. Bummed I didn't grab a t-shirt that night, since they were gone the next, but hell of a show... both nights! The Africa cover was great BTW!

Can't wait for the new album!

well the name is jeremy i am 18 years old from the U.S. Crowley TX. I am into Pussles and mechanical works, and guitarist. My main metal genre in general is symphonic metal.

;;edit;; but CM was the reason I dropped everything to make sure I got to Progpower for the first time this past year. Went to the loft show & met alot of great mates. Bummed I didn't grab a t-shirt that night, since they were gone the next, but hell of a show... both nights! The Africa cover was great BTW!

Can't wait for the new album!

Who wasn't singin' along to 'Africa'!?!?! And 'Hold the Line' for that matter :p That night was freakin' awesome... Hell that weekend was awesome!!!

Greetings to all. My name is tick!(not really but...)
I love Prog music so this band is a great find. I am a big Rush and Dream Theater fan, and I will enjoy listening to CM!

Hey everybody,
I'm Paolo from Cyprus, I became a Circus Maximus fan the second I heard the Glory Of The Empire demo a few years back, I introduced all my other friends to it and ever since can't get myself to stop listening to it. Absolutely phenomenal stuff. :headbang: On many occasions I have considered Circus Maximus on par with Dream Theater, and being a long time fan of DT, that's one heck of a statement :p the only thing that needs to be done to instate that for me is 2 more mind-blowing albums [alongside those already released] from you guys and you go up there with one of Progressive Metal's most astounding bands, Dream Theater :kickass:
(I play drums and piano and I'm a self-taught guitarist)

- Rapidspeed

My name is Øyvind.
I come from Kristiansand, Norway, and I am 14 years old.
I have played guitar since I was 9.

I am currently in two bands(Epic failures, both of them:))
It is impossible to gather the folks to one simple practice:(
The first band have practiced one time, the second has existed in half a year, and we haven´t practiced yet:D

Got some cool riff´s and songs though. Are saving money to a mac, then I can start the recordings with my bro´s sound card.
Also saving up to a seven string, then I can finally play Circus Maximus songs:worship:

I listen to music as: Circus Maixmus, Symphony X, Dream Theater, Vanden Plas, Primal Fear , Jorn, Masterplan, Megadeth, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Teastament, Rhapsody of Fire, Ozzy...
The list goes on and on:)

hi, my name is Marcos. I was born and living in Porto Alegre, Brazil.
I don't remember how I met the band, but was in '08. I prefer the 1st Chapter (I don't saying what the Isolate is bad).
I'm 17 and I'm in the last year of high school.
although I don't play, my favorite instrument is the bass. also I love sports, mainly football, tennis, rugby and hockey.
:)